Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Beautiful—is that the Benny Goodman model?

David
Well, Benny might have had one of these, but here's a model that we know he owned...
IMG_6655.jpg IMG_6658.jpg 1957CavanaghHatBennyGoodmanPhoto.jpg

Last edited:

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
They’re calling for rain showers off and on today, so I’m wearing my Tilley Hemp Hat. It actually makes a great rain hat. I’ve got my Hemp Stratoliner in the Jeep for later today when it’s supposed to clear up and be hot.

By the way, on my way out the door this morning I was carrying a lot of stuff including my water cup, iPad, phone, and of course the Stratoliner. I unwittingly closed the door on the brim of the Strat as I turned to leave. It was held so tightly in the door by the brim that it pulled out of my hand and was left hanging in the door as I walked down the back steps. I was horrified, went back and got it out - to discover the hat still looked like new without a bit of evidence the door shut on it. I didn’t even have to adjust the edge - it popped right back into shape. Wow that hemp straw is some tough stuff.
image.jpg

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Do you ever wonder what percentage of the hats posted here are actually worn on a daily basis vs worn strictly for the photo's and then put away???
OR worn for that day then put away until it comes up in rotation again........at least that is what I do.

Now I do have daily drivers, work hats, and "grab and go" hats of which I have about 6 at any given time that see a lot of use.

But, even they get rotated in and out every month or two not to be seen for a while.

I will say I have about 4 crappy weather hats that NEVER get put away...........:oops::rolleyes::)

Do you ever wonder what percentage of the hats posted here are actually worn on a daily basis vs worn strictly for the photo's and then put away???

Do you think that’s common? I’ll admit there are times when my hat of the day is on my head for five minutes (from house to car, from car to office, and then reversed). Some days I’m outside for several hours and under a hat the whole time. I can’t see many of us here wearing hats just for the photos. I don’t take many summer hat selfies because I don’t have that many summer hats and most of what I do have are very pedestrian.

dkstott

Practically Family
Do you think that’s common? I’ll admit there are times when my hat of the day is on my head for five minutes (from house to car, from car to office, and then reversed). Some days I’m outside for several hours and under a hat the whole time. I can’t see many of us here wearing hats just for the photos. I don’t take many summer hat selfies because I don’t have that many summer hats and most of what I do have are very pedestrian.
I posed the question because I see some very valuable hats posted here that made me wonder. It wasn't meant as anything to stir up trouble.

Are those valuable hats actually worn out in public, sweated in & subjected to the daily wear and tear?

Or are they treasured collectibles that are photographed and not worn.

Just something that made me go hmmm...

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I posed the question because I see some very valuable hats posted here that made me wonder. It wasn't meant as anything to stir up trouble.

Are those valuable hats actually worn out in public, sweated in & subjected to the daily wear and tear?

Or are they treasured collectibles that are photographed and not worn.

Just something that made me go hmmm...
Either way i like seeing hats.
Kinda why i’m here.
B

Art Hat1

One of the Regulars
Probably depends. I know when the day comes that I can finally order an Advintage hat or two the intention would be regular year long use. Of course they have the reputation for that. My two Fed 4 Deluxes are daily use of course. But if I can ever get an awesome vintage hat that’ll probably be pictures and special occasions only. I would hate to be the one to do the old boy in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner