Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pure beaver custom in Winchester’s Sahara color. This hat arrived yesterday and I haven’t stopped smiling.

View attachment 457197 View attachment 457198 View attachment 457200 View attachment 457201 View attachment 457202 View attachment 457204

I stole the bow design from Jim’s Gannon, but I figured he wouldn’t mind…or at most charge me a modest licensing fee.

Unlined and vents on the sides and the top. Just the thing for this summer that looks to be lasting into November.
Quite nice Brent

Pure beaver custom in Winchester’s Sahara color. This hat arrived yesterday and I haven’t stopped smiling.

View attachment 457197 View attachment 457198 View attachment 457200 View attachment 457201 View attachment 457202 View attachment 457204

I stole the bow design from Jim’s Gannon, but I figured he wouldn’t mind…or at most charge me a modest licensing fee.

Unlined and vents on the sides and the top. Just the thing for this summer that looks to be lasting into November.
Hard not to smile under such a fine hat, Brent. It's a beauty.
Borsalino Lobbia, or Homburg to those of us living outside of Italy. The rain started, so I had to take the photo inside the train to Copenhagen.

View attachment 457267

I think I was inspired to don a Homburg as this original Reuters photo of Winston Churchill from August 1950, I bagged at an auction, arrived today.

View attachment 457268

It came with one of Churchill and Charlie Chaplin together in 1952. Sadly, neither were wearing hats in that one. Ah well, you can't win 'em all
Classic homburg automatically gets a full approval, Steve. What's not to like?

Continuing with the important locations we like to go to in or near Santa Fe, New Mexico. Again in the O’Farrell.

View attachment 457273
Very nice, Bob. For me these western hats work best with those flat brims.

Marca Sole in grey! Very nice hat! I love the hatband and bow.
View attachment 457332 View attachment 457333 View attachment 457334
Yup, that's the one that stood out from the batch immediately. Glorious.

This mornings walkabout found me under the brim of a Stetson Avenue. It has all the glorious features.

i-Z2THS3p-M.jpg

i-JwpS8rB-M.jpg

i-ZPFbPFg-M.jpg

i-TjbXPrn-M.jpg

Back home doing some snow removal in a Stetson Playboy.

i-T9gFT59-M.jpg

i-mkjzq8N-M.jpg

I had my morning coffee under the brim of a white 1930's Brock fedora.

i-9KWRpK9-M.jpg

i-Cp9xR7V-M.jpg

i-tHqvDqz-M.jpg

i-ZJJxdBp-M.jpg

i-SXw5DWm-M.jpg

i-MTzrq4r-M.jpg

Cheers to all hat folks, Eric -
The Brock just gets me every time. What a hat!
Fabulous hat, Rick. Wonderful looking felt.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Yesterday, I went out to a work do in my Christys’ trilby.
E3383ADF-3357-4080-BF01-EA36BDCEE71C.jpeg
F68B7ABB-2F9C-42B5-8CDD-74AB07176DEF.jpeg

This was my first fur felt. I reshaped it at the end of the last felt season and had the fabric sweatband replaced with a leather one. This is its first time out in it’s new form. The leather sweat is more comfortable and the new bash allows it to sit better on my head. I’m quite happy with it now.
Today was picnic weather, so we met up with a friend and had a relaxing afternoon of wine and pizza in the park. Etsuko wore her light sand Akubra Leisure Time and my acorn fawn Stylemaster made its debut.
4320B5AA-9918-4E07-8645-02922618D26E.jpeg
61CD9908-2BE4-4BE7-B721-A8BD61729C04.jpeg

Yesterday, I went out to a work do in my Christys’ trilby.
View attachment 457517 View attachment 457520
This was my first fur felt. I reshaped it at the end of the last felt season and had the fabric sweatband replaced with a leather one. This is its first time out in it’s new form. The leather sweat is more comfortable and the new bash allows it to sit better on my head. I’m quite happy with it now.
Today was picnic weather, so we met up with a friend and had a relaxing afternoon of wine and pizza in the park. Etsuko wore her light sand Akubra Leisure Time and my acorn fawn Stylemaster made its debut. View attachment 457518 View attachment 457519
what a stylish couple are the two of you! Love the new hats.

The start of our 11 day road trip. My wife and I visiting the spot of our wedding 15 years ago. Lightner Museum in St Augustine, FL.

D389E664-0509-4DA9-8405-B9EC7303372D.jpeg

25BCBBC1-D95F-40D4-9E23-25271D73B626.jpeg

What I had dubbed my ’Windy Weather Whippet’ due to its snug fit and condition. Though it has cleaned up and shaped quite nicely. No wind this day…. Though a year ago I chased it through a parking lot in a rain storm.

Yesterday a stop in Savannah, GA for lunch. Crystal Beer Palace which opened in its current form of a beer and burger establishment just after prohibition…. Though it was rumored as a speakeasy prior. They are running Oktoberfest at the moment and had some great food offerings. I decided to pass on the beer this time as we had a few more hours of driving to do.

AC34F78E-5751-471C-A2D9-919BC143725B.jpeg
E09219AF-79D7-434C-8F01-25E652183D29.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
The start of our 11 day road trip. My wife and I visiting the spot of our wedding 15 years ago. Lightner Museum in St Augustine, FL.

View attachment 457589
View attachment 457590

What I had dubbed my ’Windy Weather Whippet’ due to its snug fit and condition. Though it has cleaned up and shaped quite nicely. No wind this day…. Though a year ago I chased it through a parking lot in a rain storm.

Yesterday a stop in Savannah, GA for lunch. Crystal Beer Palace which opened in its current form of a beer and burger establishment just after prohibition…. Though it was rumored as a speakeasy prior. They are running Oktoberfest at the moment and had some great food offerings. I decided to pass on the beer this time as we had a few more hours of driving to do.

View attachment 457591 View attachment 457592
Have a great trip!
How many hats have you got in the car?

Not being American, I always have to think for a second when I see your state abbreviations. FL only means one thing to me and it’s not Florida!

Last edited:
Have a great trip!
How many hats have you got in the car?

Not being American, I always have to think for a second when I see your state abbreviations. FL only means one thing to me and it’s not Florida!
Haha. You know it Gary… my biggest internal struggle preparing for the trip. I THINK I chose wisely with 4. But I also threw a handful of caps in my bag.

The start of our 11 day road trip.

I hope you continue to have a great time Joe (and I look forward to seeing what other hats you chose).

We’re headed home with a Jeep packed tightly. I think you can still see a little daylight over my shoulder. I’m wearing a Stetson 3X OR and a beaded band gifted to me by our hosts. For some reason I want to listen to some reggae…

9F1DC1E0-33EA-4D58-86AB-AE296EA42563.jpeg

I hope you continue to have a great time Joe (and I look forward to seeing what other hats you chose).

We’re headed home with a Jeep packed tightly. I think you can still see a little daylight over my shoulder. I’m wearing a Stetson 3X OR and a beaded band gifted to me by our hosts. For some reason I want to listen to some reggae…

View attachment 457685
Thanks Bob. You guys have been on quite the whirlwind tour. Hat looks great.

The Shoe

One Too Many
Downtown Columbia to check out Cola City Market

This brick alleyway had me attempting to channel my best @steur

View attachment 457710
View attachment 457711

Milk Chocolate Stetson Whippet.
View attachment 457712 View attachment 457713

Had to visit the Hootie and The Blowfish monument while we were here!

View attachment 457717 View attachment 457714 View attachment 457716
You'll get there if you keep trying, Joe. :) The hat looks great. Have to admit that my alley doesn't look half as nice as that one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner