Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Edward

Bartender
I’ve still got my first brimmed hat (a Scala wool Bowler) which hardly ever gets worn anymore but I have an emotional attachment to it just the same. I really should let it go to someone else like you’re doing. Maybe it could help someone else discover how much fun this is the same as it did for me.

It's not always easy to let the sentimental ones go, though as a recovering hoarder it definitely does me good to learn not to hold on to everything if it could be used by someone else.

Stetson
RIP Ronnie Van Zant- 10/20/1977-45 years ago .
8FD3154C-C438-4071-B3AC-1FF7F93A408F.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Then, today I went with this 1950s Royal DeLuxe Stetson. Back bow, and all that 50s vibe…
View attachment 456956 View attachment 456957 View attachment 456958 View attachment 456959 View attachment 456960 View attachment 456961

Terrific aviators and back bows. You are a back bow guy!

Same four hats this week so I’ll try to mix up the backgrounds.

Bailey 100X with a Gayle Green band.

View attachment 456963

I am enjoying your Taos, NM trip. Excellent choice in hats.

Patterson & Co long hair stingy brim with a felt ribbon.

Had my covid booster jab today. The guy on reception said, nice hat. I thanked him. He then said, he'd been thinking of starting to wear a hat. I told him, I could definitely recommend it, and he should go vintage.

Who knows? Soon, we may have a new Danish member on the FL :)

View attachment 456970

Stingy or not I am enjoying your long hair felt this morning.

Will do Rusty! They were closed when we were down that way on Sunday. If we head back downtown I may also have to fill out an application at O’Farrell’s!

View attachment 457081

More of the same Bailey hat in other locations:

View attachment 457082

View attachment 457084

View attachment 457086

View attachment 457087
Bob; The rugged terrain is glorious. Thanks for the views.

The hat worn at a jaunty angle conjours up images of folks in 40's detective movies.

Pure beaver custom in Winchester’s Sahara color. This hat arrived yesterday and I haven’t stopped smiling.

View attachment 457197 View attachment 457198 View attachment 457200 View attachment 457201 View attachment 457202 View attachment 457204

I stole the bow design from Jim’s Gannon, but I figured he wouldn’t mind…or at most charge me a modest licensing fee.

Unlined and vents on the sides and the top. Just the thing for this summer that looks to be lasting into November.

Cheers! I am confident you can hear my clapping from Minnesota. Felt, dimensions and the special vents! All the features. Congrats Brent.

Borsalino Lobbia, or Homburg to those of us living outside of Italy. The rain started, so I had to take the photo inside the train to Copenhagen.

View attachment 457267

I think I was inspired to don a Homburg as this original Reuters photo of Winston Churchill from August 1950, I bagged at an auction, arrived today.

View attachment 457268

It came with one of Churchill and Charlie Chaplin together in 1952. Sadly, neither were wearing hats in that one. Ah well, you can't win 'em all
Terrific tribute.

Your casual and my dressed up! Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Stetson
RIP Ronnie Van Zant- 10/20/1977-45 years ago . View attachment 457356

Perry; You are stepping out in a different look today. I like it.

I decided to take my just-arrived Roswell Stetson on its first outing. We’re at a coffee shop in Black Mountain NC for some coffee, catching up on email and work stuff, and of course checking out the lounge.

View attachment 457354
View attachment 457355
View attachment 457357

New Hat Day, congrats! Looks like a grand place to office.

Cheers to all posters, Eric -

Terrific aviators and back bows. You are a back bow guy!

I am enjoying your Taos, NM trip. Excellent choice in hats.

Stingy or not I am enjoying your long hair felt this morning.

Bob; The rugged terrain is glorious. Thanks for the views.

The hat worn at a jaunty angle conjours up images of folks in 40's detective movies.

Cheers! I am confident you can hear my clapping from Minnesota. Felt, dimensions and the special vents! All the features. Congrats Brent.

Terrific tribute.

Your casual and my dressed up! Cheers and thanks for sharing.

Perry; You are stepping out in a different look today. I like it.

New Hat Day, congrats! Looks like a grand place to office.

Cheers to all posters, Eric -
Ha, thanks Eric.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
That really suits you, Steve. I wouldn’t have the courage to wear a homburg (or a cattleman’s crease)!

Nice picture of Churchill. I’m currently plowing through The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich on my kindle. Still in the Neville Chamberlain era but Winston is already making appearances as the only MP in Britain who saw through Hitler’s deceptions in the build up to war. I believe his legacy has been somewhat clouded over time but clearly still a towering figure.
Thanks David. You should give Homburgs a try. I'm sure you could carry it off.

Churchill, despite all his unlikeable qualities, was the right man at the right time.

StoryPNW

Practically Family
This mornings walkabout found me under the brim of a Stetson Avenue. It has all the glorious features.

i-Z2THS3p-M.jpg

i-JwpS8rB-M.jpg

i-ZPFbPFg-M.jpg

i-TjbXPrn-M.jpg

Back home doing some snow removal in a Stetson Playboy.

i-T9gFT59-M.jpg

i-mkjzq8N-M.jpg

I had my morning coffee under the brim of a white 1930's Brock fedora.

i-9KWRpK9-M.jpg

i-Cp9xR7V-M.jpg

i-tHqvDqz-M.jpg

i-ZJJxdBp-M.jpg

i-SXw5DWm-M.jpg

i-MTzrq4r-M.jpg

Cheers to all hat folks, Eric -
All three of those are special hats, something about the playboy still speak to me though. Looking good sir!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24