Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I threw on my OR for a few minutes this evening. My daughter is learning to appreciate hats.
a3c5fee292a9d611306e680c3257e850.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Hey Roger:
I can see how the hat’s doing.
How IS that baby girl? I’ve often wondered.
Buy the way...you are TOTALLY vunerable to the hat grab move taking selfies that way!!! You’ll see soon. Ha
Bowen

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Roger:
I can see how the hat’s doing.
How IS that baby girl? I’ve often wondered.
Buy the way...you are TOTALLY vunerable to the hat grab move taking selfies that way!!! You’ll see soon. Ha
Bowen
Ha ha, I know it! I'm getting her used to my hats early so hopefully soon she'll be so used to them the fascination will be gone and the "hat grab reflex" (that's the medical term) will subside. She's doing great by the way. Crawling and climbing to a standing position constantly currently.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Fine effort, Richard. That's a beautiful St. Regis. I love the look of a Homburg and I think the St. Regis is about as nice as there is but I've sold every one that I've owned. They look perfect on some folks, you are one of them, but I could never get used to the look on me.

Thanks Greg, it took me a while to get the confidence to wear them well. It definitely helps to have a beauty like this one. Now if I could wear a western as well as you do I’d be an all around hat guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday an ancient French hat of high class showed and today a French hat, younger and middle class to wear
1177mli.jpg

As my friend Steve (mayserwegener) says, we understand a lot of the production by seeing and touching hats for the less well-off social classes, those that one or two hats were the maximum endowment for a few decades
104j2on.jpg

The hat is branded Karson - Made in France and on the sweatband is reported "Vrai cardou feutre" and as always in those years, the seventy, "Impemeable" (Waterproof)
67mhpt.jpg

The felt is light and very malleable with a "peachy" type surface. The ribbon suffered for very poor stockage and the basting stitches are mostly gone. It is new as the others of the bunch
352n5t4.jpg

The classic proportions: 5cm. brim, 11.5 the crown and 3.5 cm. the ribbon. No lining just a tip inside the crown.
f3uhxk.jpg

The shape with the straight sides, a nice hat to wear on Sundays
Thanks a lot for the likes on the blue Gannon.
Buona giornata

Yesterday an ancient French hat of high class showed and today a French hat, younger and middle class to wear
1177mli.jpg

As my friend Steve (mayserwegener) says, we understand a lot of the production by seeing and touching hats for the less well-off social classes, those that one or two hats were the maximum endowment for a few decades
104j2on.jpg

The hat is branded Karson - Made in France and on the sweatband is reported "Vrai cardou feutre" and as always in those years, the seventy, "Impemeable" (Waterproof)
67mhpt.jpg

The felt is light and very malleable with a "peachy" type surface. The ribbon suffered for very poor stockage and the basting stitches are mostly gone. It is new as the others of the bunch
352n5t4.jpg

The classic proportions: 5cm. brim, 11.5 the crown and 3.5 cm. the ribbon. No lining just a tip inside the crown.
f3uhxk.jpg

The shape with the straight sides, a nice hat to wear on Sundays
Thanks a lot for the likes on the blue Gannon.
Buona giornata
I like it! Interesting French lineage.

I want to register my disappointment that this thread wasn't named "Son of WHAYWT."
Or at least "WHAYWT 2 - Electric Boogaloo."
This is the first vintage hat I ever bought. Scored it at the Ft. Worth Mercantile Exchange.

0448a740bc9e05d4fa1f29f4a8282283.jpg
b547f0759eb372e423d6c8ee03db23c5.jpg
05bf303fb3fd7dac6d2efe2f72551abf.jpg
417bbdebf6e7fdf37d0cf2fc051b8db7.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
We could always call it "Hat Shots - Part Deux"! Love a WAR back bow. And a Disney to boot!

A nice cool morning again finally. Seems there has been something of a run of these
DSCN5080 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
So I'll throw mine on the pile
DSCN5099 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5100 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5101 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
9-19-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Wednesday,
Michael
There has been quite a parade of Last Drop ORs over the past couple of days. This one is the cherry on top!

Royal Stetson Delux
ec2c25046917786d4786da9d43178142.jpg
76f554a60a21246ab8fb76f0e56e63d2.jpg

My best effort at WAR Wednesday
Sweet St. Regis Richard. I just love the rosey brim binding color on these.

One more.
a817ba32229a10fb6ebf8c3e619d45e5.jpg

Nice one Daddy!

Avast Lounge Mateys! To celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day the wife and I are going to enjoy the ocean. Should be a grand day at the beach, but probably windy and colder. Perfect conditions for the Stetson Royal Deluxe Pork Pie Back Bow. WAR! Or more appropriately... Waaaaarrr! Two friends from our theater were the founders of this international holiday, John "Old Chumbucket" Bauer and Mark "Captain Slappy" Summers.

14Apr18 Pork Pit at Theater Front.jpg
12Apr18 Setson Pork pie back bow Sweat 550x.jpg
12Apr18 Stetson Back Bow 550x.jpg

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
There has been quite a parade of Last Drop ORs over the past couple of days. This one is the cherry on top!
Thanks Red. There have been a lot of nice last drop OR's showing up. Always fun to see. By the way, you've been wearing some really nice hats in the past few days. I sort of tired of commenting when it was taking 30 seconds to do anything in the old thread. This new one is much, much more responsive.

Edited to add: Love that back bow porkie you have on today. I may have to brush off my Piratese and see if I can dig up a suitably Piratical hat for the day.

Thanks,
Michael

Avast Lounge Mateys! To celebrate International Talk Like A Pirate Day the wife and I are going to enjoy the ocean. Should be a grand day at the beach, but probably windy and colder. Perfect conditions for the Stetson Royal Deluxe Pork Pie Back Bow. WAR! Or more appropriately... Waaaaarrr! Two friends from our theater were the founders of this international holiday, John "Old Chumbucket" Bauer and Mark "Captain Slappy" Summers.

View attachment 136192 View attachment 136193 View attachment 136194

Thanks, Mike. For some reason, I thought I'd missed it.

PS. Keep an eye on your mailbox. Probably Friday.

We could always call it "Hat Shots - Part Deux"! Love a WAR back bow. And a Disney to boot!

I like that! Incidentally, I pulled this one out because of the discussion in the Disney Diner. According to CW, and der perfessor, after 1947, the "Mr. Disney" designation was used. I find it a dubious assertion, however, that this is a pre-1947 hat. But anything is possible, I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112