Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Granville

One of the Regulars
Royal Stetson for a rainy day in NYC. Joan Mitchell exhibit at David Zwimmer Gallery, Chelsea. My wife thinks I’m taking pics of the artwork, but it’s all about the hat.
B552B505-9CD2-423D-92F9-33DF4D4ADAE1.jpeg
88B1BC86-409A-41B2-9790-3B91AAAEF2BE.jpeg
EF9AE755-8C5D-4DA8-B341-6F90E33BD15F.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
I wore my Flying Cloud for the first time today. It’s been waiting a long time to make its debut on this thread, mainly because Etsuko’s not a big fan of the stingy brim. I love the colour of this one. It’s grey, but the felt has a definite green hue to it. It’s also my only hat with the custom edge.
AE188B73-2B1E-4F54-8B78-DE2262F57734.jpeg

4DFE1584-9C7F-4336-9F1B-BB2B37D0F636.jpeg

F5C23D5B-EC65-4B83-9414-ECA118471E59.jpeg

Another hat will be making it’s debut tomorrow.

I wore my Flying Cloud for the first time today. It’s been waiting a long time to make its debut on this thread, mainly because Etsuko’s not a big fan of the stingy brim. I love the colour of this one. It’s grey, but the felt has a definite green hue to it. It’s also my only hat with the custom edge.
View attachment 464117
View attachment 464118
View attachment 464119
Looks good, Gary. I’m glad it finally got to make it’s debut

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Mayfair in Central London is just about the most expensive real estate in the UK, I say just about because there's a strip of coastline about a forty minute drive from where I live called Sandbanks. The property there is so expensive the place is dubbed Mayfair-on-Sea.
Compton-Acres1.jpg
This is Compton Acres, Sandbanks. The doorway in the middle leads to various small businesses, including my tailor. This morning I collected a repaired suit, all those tables you see were packed with diners enjoying some rare sunshine after all the rain that we had.
My Gamble & Gunn hat seem to be attracting quite a bit of attention:
striped blazer & hat 002.JPG
But my tailor appeared having seen me on his CCTV. He laughed when I said the hat is creating a stir.
"Your hat is fabulous," he said, "but what they are all looking at are those baggy trousers that Tina has so excellently crafted for you."
He wasn't wrong, as I was leaving a lady approached me, complimented me on my attire and said that she misses seeing men in such stylish hats. She, and the tailor, both made my day. You want to see those baggies? This is a hat thread, remember. Oh go on then:
Brown blazer and baggies 002.JPG
If you noticed the hat colour difference well done you. The last photo is recycled,
but it's the best to show off the trousers.
And why did I mention Sandbanks? My tailor isn't cheap, then again his small showroom
comes at a Sandbanks premium price, but he is very good. I just wish he learned millinery
and while he was at it being a Cordwainer would be another favourable string to his bow.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 464117
View attachment 464118
View attachment 464119
Looks great, Gary. Nice green hue to the grey. Love that liner.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Mayfair in Central London is just about the most expensive real estate in the UK, I say just about because there's a strip of coastline about a forty minute drive from where I live called Sandbanks. The property there is so expensive the place is dubbed Mayfair-on-Sea.
View attachment 464174
This is Compton Acres, Sandbanks. The doorway in the middle leads to various small businesses, including my tailor. This morning I collected a repaired suit, all those tables you see were packed with diners enjoying some rare sunshine after all the rain that we had.
My Gamble & Gunn hat seem to be attracting quite a bit of attention:
View attachment 464158
But my tailor appeared having seen me on his CCTV. He laughed when I said the hat is creating a stir.
"Your hat is fabulous," he said, "but what they are all looking at are those baggy trousers that Tina has so excellently crafted for you."
He wasn't wrong, as I was leaving a lady approached me, complimented me on my attire and said that she misses seeing men in such stylish hats. She, and the tailor, both made my day. You want to see those baggies? This is a hat thread, remember. Oh go on then:
View attachment 464156
If you noticed the hat colour difference well done you. The last photo is recycled,
but it's the best to show off the trousers.
And why did I mention Sandbanks? My tailor isn't cheap, then again his small showroom
comes at a Sandbanks premium price, but he is very good. I just wish he learned millinery
and while he was at it being a Cordwainer would be another favourable string to his bow.
A marvellous ensemble yet again, Robert. Wonderful baggies.

I love it when people go out of their way to give a compliment.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
A marvellous ensemble yet again, Robert. Wonderful baggies.

I love it when people go out of their way to give a compliment.
You are a gentleman as ever, Steve. How I agree about unsolicited compliments. This afternoon, at my local supermarket, a fellow who had the appearance of a farm worker with his woolen cardigan and trousers tucked inside his wellington boots, just came up to me and said: "I like your style, are those trousers called Oxford Bags?" "They were once," I replied "and the hat's a fedora?" "Indeed it is," I answered. Then he smiled and repeated: "I do like your style." "Thank you," I replied, returning his smile. I was still grinning when I got home.

You are a gentleman as ever, Steve. How I agree about unsolicited compliments. This afternoon, at my local supermarket, a fellow who had the appearance of a farm worker with his woolen cardigan and trousers tucked inside his wellington boots, just came up to me and said: "I like your style, are those trousers called Oxford Bags?" "They were once," I replied "and the hat's a fedora?" "Indeed it is," I answered. Then he smiled and repeated: "I do like your style." "Thank you," I replied, returning his smile. I was still grinning when I got home.
Doesn’t get much better than that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails