Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I agree. And I learned to dislike wool from an early age. It always irked my skin.
It's not my first woolie and I don't mind to wear it until it no longer fits (because it will eventually shrink), the problem is when I have to handle it. I think we can all agree that is a pleasure to handle a nice fur felt hat, some with that velvety hand... wool will always feel coarse and abrasive that is not very nice.

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Trying to catch up with the hat show. Everyone is looking great this week
Wednesday Brown Como
4b20184c23f830f01f59c341a49f2de3.jpg

My end of day face.
Thursday determined to make the light. Stetson Firenze in Navy
ccac835ae4bf519f3d51d29b58758880.jpg
3ff4392845b80cf6725ddd9d1f7a7680.jpg

My I haven’t had my coffee face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Sun and cold this Friday in Verona
9u516f.jpg

Flechet de Luxe size 60 cm. in deep brown
dg6x00.jpg

Felt is finished with a short fur, almost velvet, surface. Ribbon in the same material.
2n8amgg.jpg

In the sun the surface of the felt is better seen. It is one of my favorite Flechet
jij5mf.jpg

It is a massive hat with very generous proportions, ideal for cold days
20h1sew.jpg

Have a nice day
Thanks for the likes on the Panizza "Cognac"

Ah yes ... the Rosetta Stone of 'X' to 'Star' quality ratings. Love this hat!

It is a strange one, Bob. Would love to know how Wormser came up with the quality designations.

Looks perfect. Looks like ice cream!

Thanks, B. Maybe a really light colored mint.

I have always marveled at the color of this beauty Greg.

Thanks, Mike.

And we all know what an XXX Star is...
Sent directly from my mind to yours.

No, won't you please let us know. We're not all as worldly as you.

Real good looking hat, Greg. The felt looks just right.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, sir.

Tukwila

2:48 am. useless winter time (we are not at war and it doesn't make sense since the world is awaken 24h nowadays).
Sleeping problems. I arrive tired from work and after diner I fell asleep. Wake up 0:30 - 1:00am until sleep hits again near 3:00 am.
I have been doing the same thing for years, Joao. Recently, I started working holiday coverage for the post office... 4:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Hell on earth is a fit description for the hours and work involved there. Maybe if I was 15 years younger I would tolerate it better.

The upside is, I get up at 3:00 a.m. to get ready for work, which is around the time I used to be wide awake anyway. Then I come home dog tired, eat something and crash so I can do it all over tomorrow.

Now if I can do something about the odd need to get up and go to the bathroom every 2 hours.....

Getting old sucks!

Bill Hughes

I have been doing the same thing for years, Joao. Recently, I started working holiday coverage for the post office... 4:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Hell on earth is a fit description for the hours and work involved there. Maybe if I was 15 years younger I would tolerate it better.

The upside is, I get up at 3:00 a.m. to get ready for work, which is around the time I used to be wide awake anyway. Then I come home dog tired, eat something and crash so I can do it all over tomorrow.

Now if I can do something about the odd need to get up and go to the bathroom every 2 hours.....

Getting old sucks!
I’ve been working 7 PM to 7:30 AM for about 25 years. On my days (nights) off I tend to wake up around 2 AM hungry. After all it is my lunch time.

I’ve been working 7 PM to 7:30 AM for about 25 years. On my days (nights) off I tend to wake up around 2 AM hungry. After all it is my lunch time.

Shift work is for young men. When I have to work nights to conduct personnel evaluations it just about kills me. I used to like swing shift but even that’s getting tough anymore.

25 years of 12 1/2 hour shifts all on nights! Mucho respect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Getting old sucks!
Kind of puts a damper on wearing a hat in the daylight for pics. Good that you found some seasonal work, sorry about the hours and conditions. Good to hear from you Doug.

This large velour Borsalino sees very little use. It’s in with a few others that my wife has made known she doesn’t like.

6a9e9a376b42e960679b9d3c1ee639c3.jpg

e551c3776657fce34eeb20666497c374.jpg

3ca1db9dd8cb8c43e8d02f54018f2a81.jpg

d816fc40c9818571f8e1292ab4878548.jpg

ab47b219d64e103fa6a84b1e39c92471.jpg

It’s a somewhat unruly hat with a full three inch brim. My wife thinks it makes me look like a vagrant...in a bad way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Maybe you should try adding some poetry to the mix, Brent:) And go for that "Bohemian" feel. I like that hat, but I can see that perhaps the felt ribbon is a bit much.

I enjoyed all of these beauties Stefan. The "Duke" hat is certainly interesting. The Lupo is just nuts!!

A well appointed vagrant indeed! Love the details of this hat, brim stitching and that wild hat band. It is not exactly my cup of tea, but you have to appreciate the style!
Thanks, Mike! I've been digging up the velour hats this week and found a few half forgotten ones. I'll put one beside the Lupo tomorrow to see how they compare.

Catching up this evening with everyone's great hats today! Spent the morning visiting Mike Miller in Eugene. His new "off the rack" hats are really nice, better than the major hat brand's offerings currently. I always bring my new hats for show and tell when I go down. I wore the new Resistol 880 (can't seem to get enough of this one lately). He was impressed with the Cav edge treatment and straight sides for the late 50s vintage. We tried to give the Vita Felt a nudge, but it is still a little snug. I'll just have to wear it to break it in fully.

View attachment 148220 View attachment 148221 View attachment 148222 View attachment 148223
Very nice Resistol, Mike. They did put out some very fine hats in their history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925