Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
I had the opportunity to wear a different “hat” today.
This is my Dad working on his daughter’s Audi in the rain deal!! Was hoping to be done being a car mechanic
A1AC113B-89D2-4B58-8EA1-88DD07ED9B8A.jpeg
...Nada!!
This ain’t no hat, it ain’t no cap....
It’s a cover!!
Oorah!!!
Be well and dry. Wrench guy.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
FINALLY got back here!

Over the weekend we attended an event where a jacket was the decorum.
Hat: Vintage Silhouettes Oxblood. I always check the color in at least two sources of light...
View attachment 137114 View attachment 137115

Enjoy your time!
Great to see you back around Charlie. That is a super hat. Whatta color. Great outfit too.

Great

Great getup Michael!!
Desert Dog tamed a wild buffalo western.
Bet he could help tame this one too!! Lol
I Sure hope to see that bitchin jacket over with the leather guys!!!!
You can help teach em a hat or two!!
B
Thanks Bowen. I kind of like it unruly. Then when my hair gets too long and wild, as it is now, it looks fairly kempt in comparison to the hat.

If I can wear straw and break the rules, you are allowed to go fluffy before the snow flies. Love this one.
Thanks Red. And the Mayser looks great today. It started out muggy here today and then turned to rain. I had to run to the store so I went with my Opplandske Nor Cap.
DSCN5240 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I took the rain gear with and made it all of about 3 blocks before I had to pull over and put it on.
DSCN5242 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Turned out to be an okay ride as I made it to my favorite thrift before the real downpour started.
And now that I'm home I'm sitting here under this Dutch topper that came in the mail today as a gift from Stefan.
DSCN5235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5236 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Now one of these days I can pull out my tailcoat with the proper headgear.

Thanks,
Michael

Great to see you back around Charlie. That is a super hat. Whatta color. Great outfit too.

Thanks Bowen. I kind of like it unruly. Then when my hair gets too long and wild, as it is now, it looks fairly kempt in comparison to the hat.

Thanks Red. And the Mayser looks great today. It started out muggy here today and then turned to rain. I had to run to the store so I went with my Opplandske Nor Cap.
DSCN5240 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I took the rain gear with and made it all of about 3 blocks before I had to pull over and put it on.
DSCN5242 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Turned out to be an okay ride as I made it to my favorite thrift before the real downpour started.
And now that I'm home I'm sitting here under this Dutch topper that came in the mail today as a gift from Stefan.
DSCN5235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5236 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Now one of these days I can pull out my tailcoat with the proper headgear.

Thanks,
Michael
You look great! The Top Hat is a new look for you, cool!

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My latest hat project that I started a few weeks ago. This is a Bradford Western 7X Quality. I could never afford the price for a vintage Strat so I made my own version of one. I just finished sewing on the brim binding and and ribbon work....I have more in the Conversion Corral

Bradoliner_12_A.jpg

Bradoliner_8_A.jpg
It looks even better on your head! Great job, Terry!

Rogera

My latest hat project that I started a few weeks ago. This is a Bradford Western 7X Quality. I could never afford the price for a vintage Strat so I made my own version of one. I just finished sewing on the brim binding and and ribbon work....I have more in the Conversion Corral

Bradoliner_12_A.jpg

Bradoliner_8_A.jpg
Great job Terry. I'm very impressed with your sewing skills!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
That's a great jacket, John. Love it.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Thanks Jim!
My brother got the patches for me when he went to a game in April. I just had to wait till the thrift store deities delivered a suitable jacket to sew them onto. It was made in NY, and then sold in SF, similar trip to the one the Giants made...
Too bad it's not a G-1. That would have been perfect! :)

Bill Hughes

Greetings All:
I had the opportunity to wear a different “hat” today.
This is my Dad working on his daughter’s Audi in the rain deal!! Was hoping to be done being a car mechanic View attachment 137190 ...Nada!!
This ain’t no hat, it ain’t no cap....
It’s a cover!!
Oorah!!!
Be well and dry. Wrench guy.
That is what I would call vintage USMC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24