Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Welcome to the new WHAYWT world. Great way to make a splash.

I almost forgot about this interesting hat. The history of it was fun to research. Love the gills.

What a wonderful memorial. Time to contemplate.

Fantastic finish Perry.

I really should have fondled that one more before shipping it. Such an incredible hat!

Love the Grafton Michael. The little flash of color looks good on this one.

Very nice, classic lines..

A fine piece of history. What was the first year of the Strat? Boeing developed the 307 in the late 1930s.
Thanks, Mike. I'll try to maintain a high level.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
You look great! The Top Hat is a new look for you, cool!
Thanks Red. Great might be pushing it fairly far, but the Top Hat does look pretty cool anyway.

I like longhair hats! This one looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Brent. I like long hairs, too. In fact my first return to wearing a fedora style hat in the late '70s was a Stetson long hair of some sort.

Lovely color Michael.
Thanks Perry. Great Strat for you this morning. That's a pretty sweet plaid shirt as well.

Love the Hanover Square Michael, that coat has some real character as well.
Thanks Red. The Hanover Square sits nice and lightly on the head. I believe the jacket is a Californian Ponyhide and dates to the late '40s or early '50s, and it has been around a block or two. The pants, by the way, are Army and cut from the 1937 pattern for a 1940 contract.

Thanks all,
Michael

A little cold arrive, finally
First yellow hat box open: Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore- Qualità Petronius Lavorazione speciale size is 6 or 59 centimeters
2w4iidt.jpg

Color "Vinca" C "Sansa", C is for cinta=ribbon and "Sansa" is what remains when the olives are pressed to have oil
15hhegx.jpg

It came directly from the fifties and was sold in Bologna
35jmq9x.jpg

Proportions are. brim 6 cm., ribbon 3 cm. and crown at 10 cm.
5uebmg.jpg

Curious that Qualità Petronius is used for a hat sold in Bologna where the saint of the town is San Petronio (Petronius in latin)
34rbqd4.jpg

Have a nice day and thnks for the likes and kind words of the last days
Classic Borsalino. Hat perfection.

Akubra Traveller. Finally realized this was based off the cattleman shape.

Etsy.com has been amazing for scarves....going crazy with them. Never thought about owning scarves made from anything but wool but MAN was I wrong....linen, silk, cotton you name it. Been ordering from all over the world. I have a few turkish bath towels (ummm scarves) on order.

View attachment 137169 View attachment 137170 View attachment 137171
Scarves can be addictive. Great look. I also like that the backgound suggests you're living in a hatshop!

My latest hat project that I started a few weeks ago. This is a Bradford Western 7X Quality. I could never afford the price for a vintage Strat so I made my own version of one. I just finished sewing on the brim binding and and ribbon work....I have more in the Conversion Corral

Bradoliner_12_A.jpg

Bradoliner_8_A.jpg
That looks the business alright! Great, Terry.

Great to see you back around Charlie. That is a super hat. Whatta color. Great outfit too.

Thanks Bowen. I kind of like it unruly. Then when my hair gets too long and wild, as it is now, it looks fairly kempt in comparison to the hat.

Thanks Red. And the Mayser looks great today. It started out muggy here today and then turned to rain. I had to run to the store so I went with my Opplandske Nor Cap.
DSCN5240 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I took the rain gear with and made it all of about 3 blocks before I had to pull over and put it on.
DSCN5242 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Turned out to be an okay ride as I made it to my favorite thrift before the real downpour started.
And now that I'm home I'm sitting here under this Dutch topper that came in the mail today as a gift from Stefan.
DSCN5235 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5234 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5236 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Now one of these days I can pull out my tailcoat with the proper headgear.

Thanks,
Michael
Can't wear a tailcoat without a topper, so it's fitting that you should have one, Michael.

Thanks Red. Great might be pushing it fairly far, but the Top Hat does look pretty cool anyway.

Thanks Brent. I like long hairs, too. In fact my first return to wearing a fedora style hat in the late '70s was a Stetson long hair of some sort.

Thanks Perry. Great Strat for you this morning. That's a pretty sweet plaid shirt as well.

Thanks Red. The Hanover Square sits nice and lightly on the head. I believe the jacket is a Californian Ponyhide and dates to the late '40s or early '50s, and it has been around a block or two. The pants, by the way, are Army and cut from the 1937 pattern for a 1940 contract.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks Michael.

Checking into my downtown Cleveland hotel for a conference devoted to my day job... Cleveland looking a lot like Buffalo. I brought this Crofut & Knapp and a basque beret along for the ride.

092518_1.jpg

092518_2.jpg

092518_3.jpg
Excellent choice Alan. Welcome to NE Ohio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy