Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. I enjoyed my walkabout wearing a Gannon Beachcomer. I started on my "Chore List."

i-VcgC9vK-M.jpg

Home after a couple chores and I enjoyed early morning coffee.

i-h3H9jWw-M.jpg

i-dT45pzC-M.jpg

I started the grill for some breakfast and was sport'n a Gannon Wanderer with a sage accent in the ribbon.

i-XpTWxn7-M.jpg

i-8wVPBXc-M.jpg

i-93CjZmP-M.jpg

I delivered a package that was dropped off at our home meant for the neighbors. A big package from Amazon. I changed to a Lee Desert Tone for the excursion.

i-F3qDcf3-M.jpg

A glorious felt that in person has a pink-ish hue.

i-ZnPBNkN-M.jpg

i-6qDJmqv-M.jpg

Not a very elegant brim edge treatment from the bottom of the hat. Grand in appearance from the top.

i-qwTQcX6-M.jpg

Trimming some bushes found me under the brim of a green Dobbs homburg.

i-mFkcGkT-M.jpg

i-LpcRkRx-M.jpg

I started to hand spade the garden wearing a Sunbody. After starting to sweat in the mid 60'fs morning I doused the hat in water, shed my fleece and finished the task.

i-NSDm4bw-M.jpg

i-8b5ZsGp-M.jpg

i-xbWJCRf-M.jpg

Cold brewed coffee was a welcome treat during my efforts.

Cheers, Eric -

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Cold rain is continuing so what better than this heavy one from Lock & Co. It's a bit big (fits with Terry cloth sizer), nice but not perfect - one of the hats I wear on cold days when rain is in the forecast. I was glad to have it on today walking from the church building to my truck - it was pouring. I was walking along enjoying the rain with no worries while others were either waiting it out, running, or trying to keep up with umbrellas.

Am I the only one who loves the smell of a felt hat when it gets rained on?

IMG_3770.jpeg

IMG_3771.jpeg

IMG_3772.jpeg

I always feel kinda guilty wearing this to church, but what the heck.

Frau Blucher!

20230528_123542_compress91.jpg
20230528_123345_compress42.jpg
20230528_123347_compress99.jpg
20230528_123350_compress81.jpg

We've had some sunny days in Elsinore the past week, but the easterly winds have kept the temperatures low. That's all due to change next week, apparently.

So, it's probably the last chance to wear the Dobbs Gay Blade for an evening outing before autumn kicks in.

View attachment 521195

Steve, if that's the case, I suggest cranking the A/C and staying home with that great hat.

Cold rain is continuing so what better than this heavy one from Lock & Co. It's a bit big (fits with Terry cloth sizer), nice but not perfect - one of the hats I wear on cold days when rain is in the forecast. I was glad to have it on today walking from the church building to my truck - it was pouring. I was walking along enjoying the rain with no worries while others were either waiting it out, running, or trying to keep up with umbrellas.

Am I the only one who loves the smell of a felt hat when it gets rained on?

View attachment 521072
View attachment 521073
View attachment 521074
Rest assured; you're not alone. Cappellolfactofilia is a known condition among hat collectors. ;)

We've had some sunny days in Elsinore the past week, but the easterly winds have kept the temperatures low. That's all due to change next week, apparently.

So, it's probably the last chance to wear the Dobbs Gay Blade for an evening outing before autumn kicks in.

View attachment 521195
Best to wear it any time you get a chance, Steve. That's some hat!

I always feel kinda guilty wearing this to church, but what the heck.

Frau Blucher!

View attachment 521197 View attachment 521199 View attachment 521198 View attachment 521196

Steve, if that's the case, I suggest cranking the A/C and staying home with that great hat.
It's not listed as a deadly sin, Jim. A couple of hail Marys and you're good to go.

Shudde Pure Beaver. Looks like an all-Shudde weekend for me. Got a special place in my heart for these things.
Whoa, what a thing! Magnificent!

Rockin' the beloved Resistol Ten Ninety Five at my Northern Soul band's happy hour gig on Friday. View attachment 521237
Cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ