Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Ludwig Skriwanek Graz, Hutfabrikation, possibly late 1920s to 1930s. Really fantastic + hard to find Melange Stiff Felt. I found this Stiff Felt back in 2017.

52982051243_4144dddcf0_h.jpg

52980962137_03cd7943ea_h.jpg

52981973200_a2ae210569_h.jpg

52980995837_ff94bd614e_h.jpg

52981755364_8948a78bf0_h.jpg

"Skriwanek - Hüte sind die besten" catalog, front page (possibly 1920s).

52588857924_8879d78cc7_o.jpg

The complete translated catalog is available here.

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...z-hutfabrikation/?do=findComment&comment=3260
Fabulous! So rare to see a heather bowler.

View attachment 526363 View attachment 526364

The H.C. Capwell Co. - Oak Brook

Approx 5 1/2 Crown Open - Just under 5 as shaped
Medium to light Grey - Thin-ish felt
2 inch grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with embossed edge
Wind trolley

This hat comes to us via the Great Fedora Lounge Hat Exchange from John @moehawk for a hat to be named later. It is an interesting hat that caught the eye of both John and myself as potentially being a Mac Lachlan store brand hat because of the size tag and for a few other features. In fact for me it really reminded me of a Mac store brand hat gifted to me some time back by Brent. Upon arrival we can confirm via the manufacturer’s tag that this hat is not in fact a Mac Lachlan… it is however a Caxton. I know some time back there was some discussion as to if there was any relation between Mac Lachlan and Caxton but I don’t remember there was any connection found. If not… There are definitely some similarities in components used by the two companies… maybe they shared a supplier on some items like size tags.. sweats. Ect.

On to this hat.. in stature and profile it very much to me looks similar to my Resistol Beaver 15 hats…. However the felt is a bit less thin and less dense with A decent hand to it that does shape easily. This The 2 5/8 brim is treated with a very unusual let’s call it embossed felted edge. Where they created a pressed in faux Cavanagh edge that is raised on the top by embossing the bottom of the brim. I think I remember someone discussing a similar edge on tier hat recently… but this is the first I remember seeing. The two inch grosgrain ribbon is a a bit of a color shifter…. In daylight black cherry to brownish… indoor.. black to almost bluish. The liner tip is the oil skin variety… along with a taller than sweatband oil skin sweat protector And The sweatband leather appears to be of high quality and great condition. For all of the above.. I’m happy and grateful to have this one in the collection. Now to turn over some stones to find something real nice for John in a 7 1/4. Thank you Johh.

View attachment 526365 View attachment 526366 View attachment 526367 View attachment 526368 View attachment 526369 View attachment 526370
Very cool find, Joe. Good to have a Caxton in the herd.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 526363 View attachment 526364

The H.C. Capwell Co. - Oak Brook

Approx 5 1/2 Crown Open - Just under 5 as shaped
Medium to light Grey - Thin-ish felt
2 inch grosgrain ribbon
2 5/8 brim with embossed edge
Wind trolley

This hat comes to us via the Great Fedora Lounge Hat Exchange from John @moehawk for a hat to be named later. It is an interesting hat that caught the eye of both John and myself as potentially being a Mac Lachlan store brand hat because of the size tag and for a few other features. In fact for me it really reminded me of a Mac store brand hat gifted to me some time back by Brent. Upon arrival we can confirm via the manufacturer’s tag that this hat is not in fact a Mac Lachlan… it is however a Caxton. I know some time back there was some discussion as to if there was any relation between Mac Lachlan and Caxton but I don’t remember there was any connection found. If not… There are definitely some similarities in components used by the two companies… maybe they shared a supplier on some items like size tags.. sweats. Ect.

On to this hat.. in stature and profile it very much to me looks similar to my Resistol Beaver 15 hats…. However the felt is a bit less thin and less dense with A decent hand to it that does shape easily. This The 2 5/8 brim is treated with a very unusual let’s call it embossed felted edge. Where they created a pressed in faux Cavanagh edge that is raised on the top by embossing the bottom of the brim. I think I remember someone discussing a similar edge on tier hat recently… but this is the first I remember seeing. The two inch grosgrain ribbon is a a bit of a color shifter…. In daylight black cherry to brownish… indoor.. black to almost bluish. The liner tip is the oil skin variety… along with a taller than sweatband oil skin sweat protector And The sweatband leather appears to be of high quality and great condition. For all of the above.. I’m happy and grateful to have this one in the collection. Now to turn over some stones to find something real nice for John in a 7 1/4. Thank you Johh.

View attachment 526365 View attachment 526366 View attachment 526367 View attachment 526368 View attachment 526369 View attachment 526370
Looks like it found the perfect home!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
This mornings walkabout I was under the brim of a blue Manson.

i-6B3fxJF-M.jpg

i-fPHQZP9-M.jpg

i-75FV4np-M.jpg

i-Kjkhwgv-M.jpg

Morning coffee was under the brim of an Adam Pacesetter.

i-mPxC2TP-M.jpg

i-7gZJZBV-M.jpg

i-LTTt9Hc-M.jpg

I started yard chores and a couple of errands in an Adam Pacesetter. This hat sold at Hirsch's and has "Executive Quality" felt.

i-wqQSzmj-M.jpg

i-H2VqdXs-M.jpg

i-D6hkZj5-M.jpg

i-2CTD5xG-M.jpg

I changed to a Sunbody to do some harder effort yard chores.

i-9jWXdwV-M.jpg

I cleaned up and have been enjoying the results of my yard labors. A Newt panama seemed appropriate head gear.

i-kdZbCGX-M.jpg

i-HncZq8j-M.jpg

i-spCXRNm-M.jpg

i-N44JDTx-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Snowman

Practically Family
B2995D54-5AC2-439C-B7A6-8FEA1F2FB07B.jpeg

Stetson Florentine Milan Stratoliner.
Wearing my Florentine Milan Stratoliner today.
View attachment 524136
The Florentine Milan has been getting some bad press on the lounge recently, being compared to a plastic bucket! That’s not been my experience, but I would say that the leather sweat band in this hat is the single lowest quality leather sweatband I own...by some distance. That said, it’s an okay hat.
This seems to be a polarizing hat. I rather like mine. It is a good fit and doesn’t feel any hotter than any of my other hats.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The hats of the week. In part a new lineup.

Dunlap panama View attachment 526465

Borsalino Nembo
View attachment 526466

Wormser
View attachment 526467

Stetson Flagship
View attachment 526468

Stetson Open Road
View attachment 526469

Penumbra panama
View attachment 526470

Stetson Open Road (hmm, I wear that shirt a lot)
View attachment 526471

The hats of the week. In part a new lineup.

Dunlap panama View attachment 526465

Borsalino Nembo
View attachment 526466

Wormser
View attachment 526467

Stetson Flagship
View attachment 526468

Stetson Open Road
View attachment 526469

Penumbra panama
View attachment 526470

Stetson Open Road (hmm, I wear that shirt a lot)
View attachment 526471
steur1.jpg steur2.jpg steur3.jpg
Decisions, decisions. hell's bells, how does one choose? Lets say the Stetson Open Road, the only reason being that, before cut paste, it's the only one that I could spell!
This mornings walkabout I was under the brim of a blue Manson.

i-6B3fxJF-M.jpg

i-fPHQZP9-M.jpg

i-75FV4np-M.jpg

i-Kjkhwgv-M.jpg

Morning coffee was under the brim of an Adam Pacesetter.

i-mPxC2TP-M.jpg

i-7gZJZBV-M.jpg

i-LTTt9Hc-M.jpg

I started yard chores and a couple of errands in an Adam Pacesetter. This hat sold at Hirsch's and has "Executive Quality" felt.

i-wqQSzmj-M.jpg

i-H2VqdXs-M.jpg

i-D6hkZj5-M.jpg

i-2CTD5xG-M.jpg

I changed to a Sunbody to do some harder effort yard chores.

i-9jWXdwV-M.jpg

I cleaned up and have been enjoying the results of my yard labors. A Newt panama seemed appropriate head gear.

i-kdZbCGX-M.jpg

i-HncZq8j-M.jpg

i-spCXRNm-M.jpg

i-N44JDTx-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Ooh la la! Wouldn't be Sunday without your hat selection Eric. Oh my!
Always love seeing that one out and about, Jim. If there's one thing I love as much as your lamp posts, it's the colour of that thin ribbon on the Frunoliner.
Tell you what Steve, I was thinking much the same, but the other way around. What a fabulous hat colour.

View attachment 526542 View attachment 526543 View attachment 526544
Decisions, decisions. hell's bells, how does one choose? Lets say the Stetson Open Road, the only reason being that, before cut paste, it's the only one that I could spell!

Ooh la la! Wouldn't be Sunday without your hat selection Eric. Oh my!

Tell you what Steve, I was thinking much the same, but the other way around. What a fabulous hat colour.
Thank you, Robert.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn