Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You look your usual spiffy self and about the cloth; where can you spend eighty quid and turn in into something priceless with a scissors, a needle and some thread?
camera 5 123.JPG
Where, Stefan? In the lady's cabin, all the magic happens in there. Lengths of fabric go in, made to measure garments come out, it never ceases to amaze me.

While I expect to see the animals walk by in two's and apparently missed an invitation to join someone on a boat they've built, these are the hats of this week (which may the last due to biblical flooding).

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781

Now it’s Sunday! I covet the Caxton and the rain.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
While I expect to see the animals walk by in two's and apparently missed an invitation to join someone on a boat they've built, these are the hats of this week (which may the last due to biblical flooding).

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781
I usually get winter depression. This year, I have a summer one. Thankfully, Stefan, your hats of the week have cheered me up despite the rain drops and raincoat.

Love them all, especially the Mossant. The Herbert Johnson is in a league of its own.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I usually get winter depression. This year, I have a summer one.
Thinking of you Steve, my wife once told me that those who suffer seasonal depression are not malingering. She spent thirty years as a paramedic in the ambulance service, she told me of some extreme seasonal depression cases. Mercifully, not something that I have experienced.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thinking of you Steve, my wife once told me that those who suffer seasonal depression are not malingering. She spent thirty years as a paramedic in the ambulance service, she told me of some extreme seasonal depression cases. Mercifully, not something that I have experienced.
Thank you, Robert.

You know it's bad when you have to turn on the light in July already.

View attachment 537854
Where, Stefan? In the lady's cabin, all the magic happens in there. Lengths of fabric go in, made to measure garments come out, it never ceases to amaze me.
Well, there you go. A small price to pay.

Now it’s Sunday! I covet the Caxton and the rain.
Thanks, Brent. I don't mind a bit of rain, but turns out you can in fact have too much of a good thing! That doesn't go for hats of course;)

I usually get winter depression. This year, I have a summer one. Thankfully, Stefan, your hats of the week have cheered me up despite the rain drops and raincoat.

Love them all, especially the Mossant. The Herbert Johnson is in a league of its own.
Thank you, Steve. From what I've seen we're in this together. Things are supposed to improve this coming week though. Fingers crossed.

Lol
Well, in that case Stefan, next time The Hat Lady walks by, please latch onto her and get in line behind the animals.
We’ll need you two to start us of right this time.
B
Ps: take the Caxton and your best Berteil please.
Thanks, Bowen. We could have a problem finding a mountain to land the boat on; our country isn't known for its wide variety of mountains.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781
Box ticker, that Caxton! But great hat show all the way!

The Shoe

One Too Many

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781
Love the leopard skin pattern on the Habig. Just the kind of thing Etsuko’s been looking for!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
PHD for Sunday services:

View attachment 537871
Straw11.jpeg

That hat sets off the suit and tie perfectly, I love the open weave pattern.

My wife, Tina, had a surprise for me this morning. The weather has not been that agreeable for straw hats, but when this morning brought sunshine with it, my lady requested that I wear my Gamboa Panama. I did as she had asked, that's when she presented my surprise.

She has made me a new pair of trousers to replace the ones damaged at the dry cleaners. I knew that said trousers were in the pipeline but other than a fitting I hadn't seen them. "I love that hat," she told me, "my new trousers compliment it perfectly," I replied.

new trousers gamboa hat 003.JPG

The trousers and hat combination work so well that I could take the Aloha shirt off and still the two would look the part.
new trousers gamboa hat 001.JPG
But being old with an old man's belly, I will put the shirt back on.

View attachment 538014

That hat sets off the suit and tie perfectly, I love the open weave pattern.

My wife, Tina, had a surprise for me this morning. The weather has not been that agreeable for straw hats, but when this morning brought sunshine with it, my lady requested that I wear my Gamboa Panama. I did as she had asked, that's when she presented my surprise.

She has made me a new pair of trousers to replace the ones damaged at the dry cleaners. I knew that said trousers were in the pipeline but other than a fitting I hadn't seen them. "I love that hat," she told me, "my new trousers compliment it perfectly," I replied.

View attachment 538011

The trousers and hat combination work so well that I could take the Aloha shirt off and still the two would look the part.
View attachment 538009
But being old with an old man's belly, I will put the shirt back on.
Fabulous

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Traveling & performing do you ever run into Brûlé much? I know they have played at Outlaw Square some, & back in the day they would play here at the annual Indian Marketplace.

I guess I got Sturges on my brain knowing the crowd will be growing this wk.
I’m sure it’s a big crowd as usual— typically for the entire month, even though the rally dates might be just a couple weeks.
I do run into Brûlée— they play a lot in this region. In fact they did a Christmas show (!) with the Sioux City Symphony, in which I also play, last year, but I had a better gig locally so chose to opt out of that one. They have a pretty massive following, it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart