Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Well, it’s been a while since I last posted here.

Fighting the heat and grilling potatoes for dinner over at our daughter’s later.

Mr. Fawcett made the hat for me, some years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61

StoryPNW

One Too Many
I'm wearing what I feel is one of my most unique hats this afternoon. This GP has the softest velour in a really interesting dark blue color. It's a pity I don't wear it very much, but this hat has a lot of personality and sometimes I feel I don't match it very well. I did recently discover that I like the way it looks on me much better with the current center pinch crease than the old C crease that it had.
20230805_163113.jpg
20230805_163115.jpg
20230805_163345.jpg

Mighty44

One Too Many
I'm wearing what I feel is one of my most unique hats this afternoon. This GP has the softest velour in a really interesting dark blue color. It's a pity I don't wear it very much, but this hat has a lot of personality and sometimes I feel I don't match it very well. I did recently discover that I like the way it looks on me much better with the current center pinch crease than the old C crease that it had.
View attachment 537730 View attachment 537731 View attachment 537732
They are unusual hats—I’ve never owned one but it is on my list. Waiting for one in grey. Looks good!

Beautiful hat and a fantastic color. I have several hats that I love but don’t wear because from some reason they just don’t work for me. For what it’s worth, I think you wear it well.

StoryPNW

One Too Many
They are unusual hats—I’ve never owned one but it is on my list. Waiting for one in grey. Looks good!

Beautiful hat and a fantastic color. I have several hats that I love but don’t wear because from some reason they just don’t work for me. For what it’s worth, I think you wear it well.

Thank you gentlemen!

Well, it’s been a while since I last posted here.

Fighting the heat and grilling potatoes for dinner over at our daughter’s later.

Mr. Fawcett made the hat for me, some years ago.

David, good to hear from you. Hope you and yours are doing well. It's been a while since I've been to FTW; I miss it.

Wow that’s a beauty!

While I expect to see the animals walk by in two's and apparently missed an invitation to join someone on a boat they've built, these are the hats of this week (which may the last due to biblical flooding).

Valetini
IMG_5975.jpg

Herbert Johnson
IMG_5976.jpg

P&C Habig
IMG_5977.jpg

Valetini
IMG_5978.jpg

Panizza
IMG_5980.jpg

Lock&Co
IMG_5982.jpg

Mossant
IMG_5989.jpg

Caxton
IMG_5990.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
While I expect to see the animals walk by in two's and apparently missed an invitation to join someone on a boat they've built, these are the hats of this week (which may the last due to biblical flooding).

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781
Hope that’s only sarcasm about excessive rain and not real flooding due to dyke failure.

I remember a few years ago reports of cracks forming in dykes due to summer heat. From your dress, it doesn’t appear heat is a major concern this summer?

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Sunday morning folks.

My morning walkabout was under a green hued Adam fedora. It has a unique pleated ribbon treatment on the Majestic quality felt. The hat is from the JohnnyPhi hat sales a decade back. The hat is in mint condition.

i-jBg9KhV-M.jpg

i-HXpDM9L-M.jpg

i-pXDxCTN-M.jpg

Home and I headed out to move some fallen limbs while under the brim of as Gannon Playboy. The silverbelly hat is so easy to grab off my hat rack.

i-26XHF4N-M.jpg

i-dDVkk62-M.jpg

i-CP6RTpd-M.jpg

After some sweaty work I changed to a Stetson Panama for morning cold brew.

i-MXV3CDJ-M.jpg

i-fC5ktxf-M.jpg

i-zd3HSmc-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
steur1.jpg steur2.jpg
Wet or dry Stefan, love the Valetini. Loving that raincoat too.
Good Sunday morning folks.

My morning walkabout was under a green hued Adam fedora. It has a unique pleated ribbon treatment on the Majestic quality felt. The hat is from the JohnnyPhi hat sales a decade back. The hat is in mint condition.

i-jBg9KhV-M.jpg

i-HXpDM9L-M.jpg

i-pXDxCTN-M.jpg

Home and I headed out to move some fallen limbs while under the brim of as Gannon Playboy. The silverbelly hat is so easy to grab off my hat rack.

i-26XHF4N-M.jpg

i-dDVkk62-M.jpg

i-CP6RTpd-M.jpg

After some sweaty work I changed to a Stetson Panama for morning cold brew.

i-MXV3CDJ-M.jpg

i-fC5ktxf-M.jpg

i-zd3HSmc-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -
Always a treat Eric, but I do like the Panama with it's unusual hat ribbon.

Green blazer 001.JPG Green blazer 002.JPG
For church this morning, I went with the bespoke Gamble & Gunn, Tina made the trousers to go with the hat, they compliment one another a treat.

After church we went on another regular Sunday pilgrimage, the fabric shop, where I was relieved of eighty quid. Eighty pounds! Best shut up though, not when I look in my wardrobe at all that she has made for me.
Green blazer 003.JPG Green blazer 005.JPG
The pattern is her next project, I only posted it because the price is in what we call, old money. That's shillings and pence. That pattern new was one shilling and ten pence, that's four and a half new pennies. The fabric, as I said, came in at £80, a tad dearer than one shilling and ten pence.

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781
Could have almost had a whole week of Hats Surviving the Elements. Caxton and Valentini (wet and dry) real standouts!

Hope that’s only sarcasm about excessive rain and not real flooding due to dyke failure.

I remember a few years ago reports of cracks forming in dykes due to summer heat. From your dress, it doesn’t appear heat is a major concern this summer?
I think all is well on that front… seems they’ve got this young fellow who is quite skilled with his finger

Thanks and yes, it's all about the excessive rain we're having the last six weeks. It would be nice if I get a chance to wear a straw now and again this summer. Hypothermia is a bigger risk than sunstroke right now.

View attachment 537821 View attachment 537822
Wet or dry Stefan, love the Valetini. Loving that raincoat too.

Always a treat Eric, but I do like the Panama with it's unusual hat ribbon.

View attachment 537823 View attachment 537824
For church this morning, I went with the bespoke Gamble & Gunn, Tina made the trousers to go with the hat, they compliment one another a treat.

After church we went on another regular Sunday pilgrimage, the fabric shop, where I was relieved of eighty quid. Eighty pounds! Best shut up though, not when I look in my wardrobe at all that she has made for me.
View attachment 537825 View attachment 537826
The pattern is her next project, I only posted it because the price is in what we call, old money. That's shillings and pence. That pattern new was one shilling and ten pence, that's four and a half new pennies. The fabric, as I said, came in at £80, a tad dearer than one shilling and ten pence.
Thanks, Robert. Didn't hope to need the raincoat in august, but here we are. It is of British make (Burberry), so well up to the task. All I have to do is to avoid looking like inspector Gadget!
You look your usual spiffy self and about the cloth; where can you spend eighty quid and turn in into something priceless with a scissors, a needle and some thread?

Could have almost had a whole week of Hats Surviving the Elements. Caxton and Valentini (wet and dry) real standouts!
Thanks, Joe. Fingers crossed the weather will be improving this week.

I think all is well on that front… seems they’ve got this young fellow who is quite skilled with his finger
They've been working on improving the dykes for several years now. That young fellow can rest easy and put his finger to good use elsewhere!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Valetini
View attachment 537774

Herbert Johnson
View attachment 537775

P&C Habig
View attachment 537776

Valetini
View attachment 537777

Panizza
View attachment 537778

Lock&Co
View attachment 537779

Mossant
View attachment 537780

Caxton
View attachment 537781
Lol
Well, in that case Stefan, next time The Hat Lady walks by, please latch onto her and get in line behind the animals.
We’ll need you two to start us of right this time.
B
Ps: take the Caxton and your best Berteil please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart