Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Mallory fifteen.

View attachment 553361
Oh, sorry, that's Mallory at fifteen, not a hat.
mallory.jpg

Not to worry, it's an easy mistake to make.

Tina 1.jpg

Tina was 14 when we first met, she's 15 in this photo. We were dance partners for three years before I had the courage to date her. She's some catch eh?

IMG_20231019_162406744_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg
IMG_20231019_162310863_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

Dobbs Fifteen - Taupe
5 1/2 Open Crown - about 5 inch as Shaped
1 1/8 Antiqued Pewter Grosgrain Ribbon
2 1/2 Brim with Dobbs Edge
Leisure Flex Sweatband

Identical in specs to yesterday’s Dobbs Fifteen except for color…. This one I believe you’d call Taupe… sort of a color shifter depending on light. Shows anywhere from a brownish grey… to a dark tan or light brown… in direct sun it even starts to show green. I don’t think it’s so much Loden… but in that vein… Loden/Taupe?. The mid ribbon appears antiqued pewter and just as yesterday’s I suspect it may have been swapped out as the ribbon tacking goes right through the manufacturing tag. I decided to widen out the crease a bit on this one. It also has the Dobbs Edge and like yesterday’s was purchased from Higbees in Cleveland… making it part of my A Christmas Story Collection.

IMG_4950.jpeg
IMG_4959.jpeg
IMG_20231019_162215916_PORTRAIT_Original.jpeg

IMG_4961.gif
IMG_4962.gif

Thanks Phil!

Definitely looks to be the same era as mine. I also very much like the darker felt/lighter ribbon configuration you’ve got.

Thanks Nathan! You wear it better.

Love that one, Bob.

Thanks Joe! You’re rocking that Fifteen (and the dozen other hats you’ve received of late).

The Shoe

One Too Many
Tell you what Randy, Stefan @steur could run Joe a close second.
It’s not a competition…though I do often feel like I’m losing!
With the lounge going so slow, and my focus being on the rugby World Cup, I found myself several pages behind on this thread. I’ve caught up now, and man, there have been some stunners of late.
Here are a few I’ve been wearing in the last few days…
A silverbelly Campdraft for a visit to the fish market.
IMG_0943.jpeg

A Lagomarsino nutria for work…
IMG_0944.jpeg

A navy Borsalino, also for work…
IMG_0945.jpeg

Today I wore my Fed IV to work, but didn’t get a photo, so here it is in my relaxing-at-home clothes.
IMG_0949.jpeg

Oh, and I also put the rubbish out the other night wearing my PJs and my Resistol Roper. The place where we have to put the rubbish out is a two to three minute walk each way from my house. I don’t think anyone saw me.
IMG_3989.jpeg

Last edited:

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
With the lounge going so slow, and my focus being on the rugby World Cup, I found myself several pages behind on this thread. I’ve caught up now, and man, there have been some stunners of late.
View attachment 553655
View attachment 553656
View attachment 553657
Today I wore my Fed IV to work, but didn’t get a photo, so here it is in my relaxing-at-home clothes.
View attachment 553658
Oh, and I also put the rubbish out the other night wearing my PJs and my Resistol Roper. The place where we have to put the rubbish out is a two to three minute walk each way from my house. I don’t think anyone saw me. View attachment 553659
Now you're talkin'. That Resistol actually looks natural on you. I think I like that Western on you better than the hats your other pics. Westerns seem to suit you well. You need more of them. You're a natural for the Westerns! You've got that bad guy cool factor going on! (Pictured: Scott Glen, "Urban Cowboy").

Attachments

• 1697802407537.jpg
    1697802407537.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
Now you're talkin'. That Resistol actually looks natural on you. I think I like that Western on you better than the hats your other pics. Westerns seem to suit you well. You need more of them. You're a natural for the Westerns! You've got that bad guy cool factor going on!
Thanks, Terry. I wear the stingy hats to work for the most part because they fit under the seat of my 50cc scooter that I usually go to work on. Today, the forecast was for rain so I took the car, hence the bigger brim.
As for westerns, I have the Resistol and a western weight Hornskov, but the Resistol is the only full on western style. My wife says it suits me, but that she doesn’t want to be seen with me when I wear it!
Two of my favourite hat photos are of me in the Resistol…
IMG_0950.jpeg

IMG_8677.jpeg

View attachment 553655
View attachment 553656
View attachment 553657
View attachment 553658
Oh, and I also put the rubbish out the other night wearing my PJs and my Resistol Roper. The place where we have to put the rubbish out is a two to three minute walk each way from my house. I don’t think anyone saw me. View attachment 553659

I always figure my neighbors get a laugh.. here he comes putting out the trash or getting the mail with his hat and shorts/pjs/sweats. LOL

Thanks, Terry. I wear the stingy hats to work for the most part because they fit under the seat of my 50cc scooter that I usually go to work on. Today, the forecast was for rain so I took the car, hence the bigger brim.
As for westerns, I have the Resistol and a western weight Hornskov, but the Resistol is the only full on western style. My wife says it suits me, but that she doesn’t want to be seen with me when I wear it!
View attachment 553666
View attachment 553665

I gotta say… she is right! Looks VERY natural in those photos.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 553666
View attachment 553665
Your wife is right about one thing, that Western definitely suits you, same as I said. BTW, what's the brim width on your Resistol?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany