Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 100

IMG_1371.jpeg

RBH

Bartender
AND you can see your shoes! Good job, congrats.

Congratulations, Rusty.
3 months is a long time. 3 sec is too some days. And 65 lbs is like 3 cases of printers paper for comparison!!
Super impressive!!
Keep it up.
B

Thanks you kind Sirs!!! After the weight loss, the drinking was easy to stop.
But I do take it day by day!!!!
Healthy feels wonderful!!!
I’m sure Uncle Bunk saw a lot in his lifetime!
I made a trip back to Alabama some years ago. Family members told me stories about Uncle Bunk that would make for a great movie!!

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
HaHa!! Im with you!
I have been dry for 3 months now, I lost 65 pounds and decided I no longer needed the beer!!!
Congratulations! It's not an easy thing to do for sure!
12 1/2 years for me now. The toughest thing I found was what to do with all the time I had now that I wasn't spending hours every night pouring booze down my neck-hole. Fixing, refurbing, and making hats helped me through all that.

hambone71

Practically Family
Thanks you kind Sirs!!! After the weight loss, the drinking was easy to stop.
But I do take it day by day!!!!
Healthy feels wonderful!!!

I made a trip back to Alabama some years ago. Family members told me stories about Uncle Bunk that would make for a great movie!!
I'm sure there's lots of movie worthy stories from the banks of the Tennessee. I love that kind of stuff!

hambone71

Practically Family

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Work of Art
Thank you sir!

I need a Knox in my life! Great looking lids, Nathan! The straight on view in that last photo looks to me like the quintessential fedora from The Golden Age.
These Knox hats are among my favorites. I have at least five Knoxes (Knox? Knix? Knoox?) and all of them have a charm. They feel substantive somehow, like they're really well put together. Definitely worth the search and I'll keep an eye out for you, too!

How's the Stetson 20 doing ya?

Last edited:

hambone71

Practically Family
Thank you sir!

These Knox hats are among my favorites. I have at least five Knoxes (Knox? Knix? Knoox?) in my collection and all of them have a charm. They feel substantive somehow, like they're really well put together. Definitely worth the search and I'll keep an eye out for you, too!

The last one you mention is a size too small so it looks a bit like they used to wear in the movies. I wish it fit down in my head better but I've stretched it as far as it will go.

How's the Stetson 20 doing ya?
The 20 is great! It served well as my Christmas day hat. I have one other 20 in an OR with the traditional OR cattleman's crease. I don't believe I have ever posted it. I'll have to wear it soon and post up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav