Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning hat folks. This cold morning a walkabout found me wearing "The Brock" in a blue felt.

i-8WbMCxZ-M.jpg

I got home and changed fedoras and went out to enjoy a cold brew coffee under the brim of "The Brock" in a bright white felt hue.

i-cwwNFVW-M.jpg

"The Brock's" have different edge treatments. That said they are similar - similar dimensions, similar blocking, similar felt characteristics, similar ribbon and similar unlined interiors.

i-RM6TXHp-M.jpg

i-Q8z2wcd-M.jpg

i-7Dcgw5k-M.jpg

i-hBZ6Fb7-M.jpg

i-2DM8P3F-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
I went looking for this hat a few weeks ago, and found a Canadian Stetson I'd forgotten about.

I dove in yesterday to find it, and instead came up with a 3X longhair and decided to wear that instead. Today, I dove back in and found it, my Royal Deluxe heathered two-tone.

20240216_104641_compress0.jpg
20240216_104642_compress3.jpg
20240216_104645_compress65.jpg

You forgot:
The tags…
The liner…
The petability….
But you got the lamp posts.
Heck of a hat by the way.
It’s…”Frunobulous”!!!
B

OK, but just for you...

The liner tip...

20240216_105918_compress27.jpg

The labels...

20240216_105940_compress7.jpg

...and of course, No. 1, the Larch...

4117381157_d8e6f26cdd_b.jpg

...the Larch...

VoodooSan

Practically Family
I went looking for this hat a few weeks ago, and found a Canadian Stetson I'd forgotten about.

I dove in yesterday to find it, and instead came up with a 3X longhair and decided to wear that instead. Today, I dove back in and found it, my Royal Deluxe heathered two-tone.

View attachment 591016 View attachment 591017 View attachment 591018

OK, but just for you...

The liner tip...

View attachment 591020

The labels...

View attachment 591019

View attachment 591021

...the Larch...
Whoah!!! That's the first two-tone I've ever seen! VERY kewl, sir!

VoodooSan

Practically Family
Errands and walking today with my older, bound-edge, Resistol. Nothing special, just a 2X wool, but it's handsome enough as a daily knock-about; another local gun show score from a couple of years ago. I live at the extreme western edge of the urban-Boise sprawl, where the continuous chain of smaller towns blends into the country. I suspect, as the remaining cattlemen, ranchers, and growers age out, more and more such hats will find their way to gun shows, flea markets, and antique stores, which is why I haunt all three religiously. :)

Resistol 2X bound 1.jpg
Resistol 2X bound 2.jpg

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Good morning hat folks. This cold morning a walkabout found me wearing "The Brock" in a blue felt.

i-8WbMCxZ-M.jpg

I got home and changed fedoras and went out to enjoy a cold brew coffee under the brim of "The Brock" in a bright white felt hue.

i-cwwNFVW-M.jpg

"The Brock's" have different edge treatments. That said they are similar - similar dimensions, similar blocking, similar felt characteristics, similar ribbon and similar unlined interiors.

i-RM6TXHp-M.jpg

i-Q8z2wcd-M.jpg

i-7Dcgw5k-M.jpg

i-hBZ6Fb7-M.jpg

i-2DM8P3F-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

View attachment 591016 View attachment 591017 View attachment 591018

OK, but just for you...

The liner tip...

View attachment 591020

The labels...

View attachment 591019

View attachment 591021

...the Larch...
Skoczów/PolkaP. A one time JHS hat factory beforeWWII, not this one though.

A fun hat, nevertheless. Grateful to Stefan for throwing this one in the mix of recently purchased hats.

View attachment 591093

More in the New Hats thread.

Amazing lids, gentlemen, one after the other.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Errands and walking today with my older, bound-edge, Resistol. Nothing special, just a 2X wool, but it's handsome enough as a daily knock-about; another local gun show score from a couple of years ago. I live at the extreme western edge of the urban-Boise sprawl, where the continuous chain of smaller towns blends into the country. I suspect, as the remaining cattlemen, ranchers, and growers age out, more and more such hats will find their way to gun shows, flea markets, and antique stores, which is why I haunt all three religiously. :)

View attachment 591104 View attachment 591107
A very handsome hat indeed, Voodoo!

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Today's hat is another one with a special, emotional, bond for me. I've been wearing a Stetson LL Bean Moose River Hat , either this one or its predecessor, since 1970. I wore the first one out in the mid-90s, and immediately picked up a new one to take its place.

View attachment 590798 View attachment 590799

And we can see why! Looks great, VDS!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters