Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Oh boy John!
We gotta see pics of the Giant’s mohawk!!
Come on man...show us!!
B
There was only one pic taken that I know of, and I don't know where it is. Back in the old days when everyone didn't have a camere in their pocket... I was standing in front of something bright orange, so the hair kind of blended into the background.
I did, however, get about 15 seconds of full screen closeup in the stands at a Giants game. Had that sucker freshly dyed and gelled sticking straight up. Everyone in my family saw it on TV... :D

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
There was only one pic taken that I know of, and I don't know where it is. Back in the ild days when everyone didn't have a camere in their pocket... I was standing in front of something bright orange, so the hair kind of blended into the background.
I did, however, get about 15 seconds of full screen closeup in the stands at a Giants game. Had that sucker freshly dyed and gelled sticking straight up. Everyone in my family saw it on TV... :D
Ha! I wish you had a video clip. From the way you look now, it is hard to imagine.
The only time I was on TV was playing the guitar in an old Mexican TV show, "Estudiantinas que Estudian". I was 16 years old...
89c1b1fef643891851c4984865549a52.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
a09d619334841673cb32f20821e06b56.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One of my wife’s favorite groups. It’s one area where our musical tastes overlap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
If they had played Amado Mio my tip would have been bigger, jajaja. China Forbes gives me goose bumps with the opening note (2nd, actually) on that song.

They played at my best friend's wedding, after they got famous. The bride's father paid through the nose for it , too. Robin sang Sitting on the Dock of the Bay with the band. I'd heard her sing it before and she did not disappoint. The rest of the attendees were blown away, And both Thomas and China came over after their break and complimented Robin. They had been afraid of the classic drunken bride karaoke bomb scenario and were shocked when Robin belted out her performance.

Robin just laughed and said "thanks, it's the only song I know." Which was true. .

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
For the series of hats with fur that we will hardly see again on the market
14l4jyf.jpg

Barbisio Titan Qualità Superlativa
10nyemx.jpg

Color is "Argento" the felt is beaver
35855ig.jpg

As already said for its brother, same form and type, but felt is "Marron" the beaver felt is an exception in Europe
1038z2p.jpg

The finish is excellent for an high-end hat from the past
2cfb0v6.jpg

I am always on the lookout to discover more candidates for the "hairy" box, but it is increasingly difficult to find candidates
Have a nice Monday and my compliments for the huge amount of beautiful hats displayed during the first week of 2019

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
If they had played Amado Mio my tip would have been bigger, jajaja. China Forbes gives me goose bumps with the opening note (2nd, actually) on that song.

They played at my best friend's wedding, after they got famous. The bride's father paid through the nose for it , too. Robin sang Sitting on the Dock of the Bay with the band. I'd heard her sing it before and she did not disappoint. The rest of the attendees were blown away, And both Thomas and China came over after their break and complimented Robin. They had been afraid of the classic drunken bride karaoke bomb scenario and were shocked when Robin belted out her performance.

Robin just laughed and said "thanks, it's the only song I know." Which was true. .
Neat story Tuk. Robin be the beans!!

Greeting Monday morning in a Mallory "The Dallas." Hope everybody has a great week.

d9f07589d6595f16497d6bb8b4b60a99.jpg
2aec365b60673b37aef0813224475610.jpg

Sent directly from my mind to yours.
Great start to the week Jim. Fantastic looking brim.

For the series of hats with fur that we will hardly see again on the market
14l4jyf.jpg

Barbisio Titan Qualità Superlativa
10nyemx.jpg

Color is "Argento" the felt is beaver
35855ig.jpg

As already said for its brother, same form and type, but felt is "Marron" the beaver felt is an exception in Europe
1038z2p.jpg

The finish is excellent for an high-end hat from the past
2cfb0v6.jpg

I am always on the lookout to discover more candidates for the "hairy" box, but it is increasingly difficult to find candidates
Have a nice Monday and my compliments for the huge amount of beautiful hats displayed during the first week of 2019
I sure am enjoying this parade of "hairy" hats Daniele. Truly the pinnacle of the hat manufacturer art. The color of this one is superb.

A ‘50s Knox Westlite for a wintery Monday.

2449c5a05f336fbd6d5f6d40203015d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knox looks good against the snowy background. Very nice Jay.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
To begin the new year, a Borsalino bombetta - misto/favaro (blacksmith?) - a rare bird with origins most likely before WWII. A beauty from Daniele, one of our great Borsalino whisperers.
Favaro (Venetian dialect) is fabbro (blacksmith) in italian language. In Alessandria, home of the Borsalino, "favaro" has no meaning. Thanks Alan! I wish found somenthing like this "bombetta" on the Italian market every week!

I sure am enjoying this parade of "hairy" hats Daniele. Truly the pinnacle of the hat manufacturer art. The color of this one is superb.
Thanks Michael! Barbisio and italian hats producers had the most varied color shades during the heyday of hats

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21