Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Warmed up to above 0'f by the time I was heading out for the day. The warmer temps are welcome. Still cap day - a glorious Best Dressed Head cap.

i-RVFdzmC-M.jpg

i-fKdMNtT-M.jpg

i-w5Hd6KH-M.jpg

Best, Eric-

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Is there some simple way to identify a Borsalino from short before and then after they left Alessandria?
Maybe some major differences in look or wording of liner, sweatband or paper-label?
Is it true they still have "Alessandria" printed on newer hats?
There is a continuity in the paper labels and the wording on the lining in the change of ownership in the Borsalino in the mid-eighties. Borsalino has moved from the center of Alessandria to the outskirts in an industrial area of Marengo Spineta. Then the vicissitudes of the last thirty years have led to some changes, some visible in the construction and designation of the hat, others not very notable. In the next few days I will make a series of exemplary photographs to give a more visual answer. It remains a fact that the production has had ups and downs, but always in the collections there were hats of the highest quality. See for example the catalog I published 1988-89 that I published a few months ago.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I can't tell you how much I like your hat. Every component is awesome. I'll bet it is light weight too. You would look great wearing this hat in ANY situation. Let me know if you find another one in 71/8. :) Good on ya mate.
Thanks guy! This modern G.B. Borsalino fu Lazzaro is one of the "hidden" gems of Borsalino's recent production. Yes, of course, it is light and extremely wearable due to its softness. Finding another one will perhaps be possible, but this was a bargain in which I bought a warehouse fund, previously sold for charity.

I love the profile of this one, Steve. Did that "S" come with the hat? If so, it was meant to pass to your hands.

Reminds me a little bit of the hat from The Shadow.
1052d1321616379-shadow-costume-alec-baldwin-theshadow_baldwincostume_1wm.jpg
Jared, Thank you! I believe this is the original form. All the components are original. It appeared to have had a crown patch (you can see the glue residue) which is missing.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Everyone is looking great, and it’s so nice to see the array. For once the extreme temperatures aren’t unique to South Dakota!

I’d like to share the assortment from the last few days.

Falcon Park Virtuoso:

9e33476dca893876fdd5318c75b4f323.jpg

Resistol Western:

5411f7c8a1cecb6f0fe8559bbd52c427.jpg

86e19bf651f8b1fc7bebf92fba52cace.jpg

Optimo Manhattan:

da466d0d59f09e6a6c145e30eb28ef44.jpg

119f331febafba92ecc506b0b646c145.jpg

Falcon Park Lawless:

3c49afa05fc3ea3117f6ec6316ddca12.jpg

Tumwater Silverbelly:

db0eb83a00c59a41d688743cf17df647.jpg