Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

CIMG6063.JPG
CIMG6064.JPG
CIMG6065.JPG
CIMG6066.JPG

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
I’m not saying I’d choose them over fedoras, but there’s just something special about a homburg. Before you know it you’ll be trading in your polo/golf shirts for suits and blazers. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Nah. [emoji5]
My Dad, who has been nagging me for 35 years to "dress like a doctor" would really like that, but no.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Sun and windy Monday
2v0lkdd.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Superiore size 6 or 59 cm. or 7 3/8
24414qc.jpg

"Corteccia" is the color and "Selva" ribbon
dm9z85.jpg

The color is the same of another Borsalino with pleated ribbon showed some weeks ago. A very interesting mixed light brown, yellow and green. Felt is very soft and "peachy"
2rokpq8.jpg

It came, new, unworn from the "M. Hutter" shop of Meran great field
ehncit.jpg

Have nice Monday!
Thanks for the likes of the last weeks

Great hat, and outstanding ribbon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A pink rabbit today. It looks brownish in the pics, but it's pink, not "dusty rose" and obviously rabbit.

It's a Hückel, so I thought the felt would be nice, but I was very dissapointed.
Oh, well, live and learn.
Next time, I will ask @mayserwegener before I buy a Hückel.
95c7863bc07c843b9037d1743dcb5782.jpg
37886c6acd4d237698287693995d614c.jpg
7724574c685bd3d44f796469c6f42aad.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Max, This is a modern Tonak so a lower cost production hat. As Stefan mentioned you will see variances in the felt. Tonak can still make good felt (especially Velour) but it will not always be reflective in their production hats.

J. Hückel´s Söhne (JHS) was nationalized (main factory was in Novy Jicin, Czechoslovakia, prior to WWI was Neutitshein, Austria) as Tonak after WWII but they weren't able to use the Hückel trademark until sometime around the middle 1950s and they didn't have the trademark for Germany. Early Tonak hats / felts were great but as time went on the quality dropped like most surviving production hat / felt companies

Hückel Weilheim Germany was started by expelled JHS workers after WWII and they made high quality hats into the early to mid 1960s. They were a tiny company compared to Tonak but they had the Hückel trademark for Germany. Hückel Weilheim went out of business in 1975.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionz...kel´s-söhne-hückel-hutfabrik-weilheim/#entry6

It was a confusing situation so if you have questions please let me know.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points