Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Clear sun, early in the morning, then clouds and a dark midday
25ko8e1.jpg

Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore size 6 or 59 cm. 7 3/8 US
1ya8lc.jpg

Color is "Caffè", no other indications on the paper label
10gh17o.jpg

Felt is soft and the surface has a "peachy" touch
28ui3ow.jpg

It was made in the seventies with a very "old" shape for the fashion of that era
34hxhl4.jpg

This continues the serie of the browns palette of Borsalino
Thanks for the appreciation on the "rounded" lobbia Borsalino in "Dattero"

And your avatar photo brightens up everyone's day. A cheerful face, a great hat and a cheeky grin. You're a charmer Sir.

Than you so very much, GHT! I've gotten my money's worth from that shot, taken using a tripod and internal MECHANICAL timer on the camera in September of 1972. My first fedora, and still in rotation!!

And to quote an old friend about his charm, "I may be charming, thank you, but there's no substance..."

glwanabe

New in Town
2nd round of running errands on my day off, swapped over to my Walrus, Compass. Got this hat last year as my first Fedora, and really liked the look. I've since learned a lot, and now I've got an addiction to wanting a lot of Akubras.
Still, I really like this hat, but alas, it's on it's last legs. It has shrunk from getting wet, and is losing its shape. I'll be looking for a replacement for it very soon.
20190313_142723.jpg
20190313_142648.jpg

quikrick

One Too Many
fLI93OO.jpg
dCQgngg.jpg

I've been on the hunt for a back bow for a long time. I finally got one! Old Dobbs stingy, the color is Burnt Almond.
In that first pic, in the background over my right shoulder are the cranes from the Port of Oakland. Urban legend has it that George Lucas used these as his idea for the AT-AT walkers in Star Wars... ?

DRB

One Too Many
Thanks Stefan. I don't get this one out as often as I would like to, due to increasing fragility of the sweat.

Great binding color on the Mallory. I never seem to run across any around here with a contrast binding. All grey on grey or black on black.

A Harris Tweed cap on a very foggy morning.
IMG_8278 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8268 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8267 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
3-13-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great day,
Michael
Lookin' good hollywood! That could be a flagship look for you. Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points