Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Excellent hat and combo, Michael. I got to get me a coat like that.
Thanks Stefan. I don't see many coats like this. I think the fabric style had it's last heyday in menswear in the 50s. Sometimes see it in womenswear from the 80s or 90s.

Two hat (and two coat) day
Diana antilope first

View attachment 162333
Eres -Kent next
View attachment 162334
Still loving the Diana.

After I finally got the soup I was supposed to make yesterday going I got out on the bike for a bit.
Under a Hat's of Ireland Donegal Tweed cap
IMG_8738 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8731 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Teamed up with some Scottish Tweed in the form of Harris and American Twill in the form of Woolrich.
IMG_8735 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_8733 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Now for some of that soup.

Thanks,
Michael

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
My gray Railbird today
fd0f8369b310def29a3f9b7d7f3a07be.jpg
3a86cbc663197a154be58476a176a5f6.jpg
7049ade6ae07c85de72daa00c17ee1d9.jpg
6c8b521a9212a80d8fac405363a204c4.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
The shape is wonderful, but it’s the color that took my breath away. Wowsers!
Thanks Brent, maybe the homburg color is for a French dandy ;)

Daniele, It's a real beauty! Also great to see an old + fantastic French Soft Felt!
Thank Steve! I wish I have some Czech-Austrian wool you showed in the last weeks
Stunning color Daniele, looks great with the scarf.
Perry thanks you. The scarf was bought in a female shop

Wow, Daniele. Great look and super super hat. Love the shape, size and color.
Thanks Michael, you are very gentle. My admiration for your look is always alert

That hat got my attention at once. A beauty, Daniele.
Stefan thanks, we have the same passion for homburgs, so let them flow

Increíble, Daniele! Winner of the week!
Grazie molte. Your hats collection is stunning

VERY nice!
Grazie Daniele from another Daniele

Thanks for your likes and kind words, the credit goes to the hatter of Ecuyer&Thomas for his ability

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A more cold day with brigth sun, more spingtime than hotter days of last week
29vijdk.jpg

Etablissements Ecuyer & Thomas - Chazelles s/ Lyon, homburg (diplomatique) made in France before the WWII
ay94k3.jpg

No other indications, neither paper label, only the size 6o cm or 6 1/2 for the French hats mesurements
15zlik1.jpg

The felt is very thin and soft and the color is a violet-burgundy
bgntaa.jpg

Proportions are generous: brim at 6,5 cm and crown at 11,5 cm, no lining only a tip
spywhy.jpg

The wisteria on my back is starting to flourish, in some days it will be complete
Thanks for all the likes and kind words of the last week
Fabulous hat, Daniele! 60cm you say???

Just beautiful!

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
In Ft Lauderdale, at the mercy of family. I try to advise them, but they don't listen. Now we're stuck in an air bnb with 3 beds, in 2 rooms... a double, a twin, and a single... for 6 adults.... and the roof leaks right onto the double bed. Lol, my cunado, Hugo, slept on the couch.

Warned my nephew he can't blow through crosswalks as is customary in Ecuador... here the pedestrian has the right of way, jajaja.

We ate at 11 last night and slept, not much. Up at 5, Sandra never slept, searching for someplace else to stay... in Ft Lauderdale during spring break.

Lol, now they've decided, now... after i warned them 3 months ago, that they don't want to stand in line at Disney world for hours at a time during spring break.

I keep telling myself, go with the flow, baby....

Only one hat on this trip, the Florentine Milan Stratoliner.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
In Ft Lauderdale, at the mercy of family. I try to advise them, but they don't listen. Now we're stuck in an air bnb with 3 beds, in 2 rooms... a double, a twin, and a single... for 6 adults.... and the roof leaks right onto the double bed. Lol, my cunado, Hugo, slept on the couch.

Warned my nephew he can't blow through crosswalks as is customary in Ecuador... here the pedestrian has the right of way, jajaja.

We ate at 11 last night and slept, not much. Up at 5, Sandra never slept, searching for someplace else to stay... in Ft Lauderdale during spring break.

Lol, now they've decided, now... after i warned them 3 months ago, that they don't want to stand in line at Disney world for hours at a time during spring break.

You are behaving like a wise man. Control what you can control. Enjoy your Florida visit.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

Are you sure they're Ecuadorian and not Mexican? Sounds like they're Mexican. [emoji2]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Fabulous hat, Daniele! 60cm you say???

Just beautiful!
Thanks Doug, yes, most of the French hats I bought in Strasbourg are 60 cm. ;)

Oh my... Violet has always been my favorite color, but I no longer wear that color clothing as I would look like a grape. But a hat ... I could wear this color hat! Love it Daniele!
Thanks Bob. The grapes is very common here :rolleyes: above all in september, you could try to disguise in these hills
I thanks again for the likes and the praise is for the Ecuyer&Thomas hatter of many years ago

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
032719_1.jpg

032719_2.jpg

032719_3.jpg

032719_4.jpg

032719_5.jpg

A wartime era Dobbs Twenty... sueded velour finish with self ribbon and concentric stitching. The liner is an interesting non-silk acetate that recalls the supply shortages of the era. The brim is wide - I like to wear it curled up.
Very unique. The hat band, the brim stitching, the liner....just a very nice hat. They definitely don't make 'em like they used to.

Last edited:

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Yes, and they call it “Vacation”. Translates to torture in manspeak!
My deepest sympathies Doug.
Back in my cave.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112