Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Akubra Campdraft
DqUax3lh.jpg
yYykPPWh.jpg

This is the wisteria. It was planted around 1910 at the corner of the house
racchg.jpg

Extraordinarily beautiful old wisteria. We planted three tiny stalks in our backyard the year we bought our house (more than 30 years ago) and I built a pergola to support it the next summer. It is not this massive, but the trunks which were the diameter of my little finder are now larger than my leg. It didn't bloom for the first 11 years and then Donna read somewhere to root prune with a spade close to the base. It seemed like rough treatment, but it was effective and we've had blooms ever since - rarely as lush as this display, but always a highlight of our spring garden joy. Thanks for sharing Daniele.

I've never been successful in adding to the Top Ten Hats thread, but if I were to pick a single favorite hat it might be this Borsalino thin ribbon. The color "monlov" which seems to defy translation, matches nothing and goes with everything. Perhaps it means "my love"? The felt is superb - light, finely finished with a crumple that makes it a pleasure to form. But mostly, it just suits me and I feel wonderful wearing it every time I put it on... the mark of a great hat, no?

040219_1.jpg

040219_2.jpg

040219_3.jpg

040219_4.jpg

040219_5.jpg

040219_6.jpg

lastly a comparison shot with another Borsalino Ludoela of a similar era to show the monlov hue.

040219_7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points