Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I headed out to lunch and back to work in a vintage Stetson Playboy. I chose the green felted hat in an effort to push the Spring Season idea even though this weekend we had some snow and today's yards while clear of snow, were overcast with a Fall like appearance. My hat was my part to having Spring like thoughts. The below pics doe not show the sage felt hue it is really is in person.

i-RJbPKxp-M.jpg

i-DkbDD2j-M.jpg

i-DLMPbhZ-M.jpg

Home before the last of the sun disappears behind the horizon. I arranged to head home "early" so that I could pick my new (to me) vintage Stetson hat up from our rental property address. This purchase was a bit of a "hope." It was advertised as a black vintage stetson in good condition. Turns out the seller got the Stetson and vintage part correct. I wore my hat long enough to get a few pics to share this evening. Be prepared as this hat will get worn much more often in the coming weeks.

i-GFtMrw3-M.jpg

i-gfhqzHB-M.jpg

Not black felt, but a blue - gray felt hue. Truly one of those glorious felts that has the glimmer of a real blue, but paired with dark it can offer a gray hue. We would have to see the "secret sauce" that Stetson had for the felt color mix to get a closer description. I see it being like other blue-grays of the 30-40's that had a chameleon like ability to show blue and gray and a mix of both.

i-gZJjLDR-M.jpg

The ribbon treatment is gloriously different. It has an edge to the top and bottom with give it a Petersham ribbon like appearance without the variegations in ribbon height of actual Petersham. Love the look as it attracts the eye, but does not demand judgement of being different.

i-kftc9f6-M.jpg

On to the brim. The brim. Yes the brim has circular stitching. Others on the Fedora Lounge have posted similar brim treatments. This is the first I have handled. I love it. The 16th stitch holds down the brim edge. Even and stitches with an consistent stitch weight. Real skill and effort went into making this brim feature.

i-Z9wqf3b-M.jpg

This hat, as per the leather sweat and the details in the box show the hat purchased at Weinstock, Lubin & Co. in Sacramento, CA.

i-Hqqs8fK-M.jpg

Some times a "hope" purchase is worthy. This purchase is sweet!

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
That is one sweet hat, Eric. Enjoy!

I headed out to lunch and back to work in a vintage Stetson Playboy. I chose the green felted hat in an effort to push the Spring Season idea even though this weekend we had some snow and today's yards while clear of snow, were overcast with a Fall like appearance. My hat was my part to having Spring like thoughts. The below pics doe not show the sage felt hue it is really is in person.

i-RJbPKxp-M.jpg

i-DkbDD2j-M.jpg

i-DLMPbhZ-M.jpg

Home before the last of the sun disappears behind the horizon. I arranged to head home "early" so that I could pick my new (to me) vintage Stetson hat up from our rental property address. This purchase was a bit of a "hope." It was advertised as a black vintage stetson in good condition. Turns out the seller got the Stetson and vintage part correct. I wore my hat long enough to get a few pics to share this evening. Be prepared as this hat will get worn much more often in the coming weeks.

i-GFtMrw3-M.jpg

i-gfhqzHB-M.jpg

Not black felt, but a blue - gray felt hue. Truly one of those glorious felts that has the glimmer of a real blue, but paired with dark it can offer a gray hue. We would have to see the "secret sauce" that Stetson had for the felt color mix to get closer. I see it being like other blue-grays of the 30-40's that had a chameleon like ability to show blue and gray and a mix of both.

i-gZJjLDR-M.jpg

The ribbon treatment is gloriously different. It has an edge to the top and bottom with give it a Petersham ribbon like appearance without the variegations in ribbon height of actual Petersham. Love the look as it attracts the eye, but does not demand judgement of being different.

i-kftc9f6-M.jpg

On to the brim. The brim. Yes the brim has circular stitching. Others on the Fedora Lounge have posted similar brim treatments. This is the first I have handled. I love it. The 16th stitch holds down the brim edge. Even and stitches with an consistent stitch weight. Real skill and effort went into making this brim feature.

i-Z9wqf3b-M.jpg

This hat, as per the leather sweat and the details in the box show the hat purchased at Weinstock, Lubin & Co. in Sacramento, CA.

i-Hqqs8fK-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Eric:
Your surprise hat beckons on so many different levels. I wish i could find suitable words to praise. Each appointment is in a class above but combined is simply majestic!
Enjoy loving that one and please share freely.
Bowen

i-RJbPKxp-M.jpg

i-DkbDD2j-M.jpg

i-DLMPbhZ-M.jpg

i-GFtMrw3-M.jpg

i-gfhqzHB-M.jpg

Not black felt, but a blue - gray felt hue. Truly one of those glorious felts that has the glimmer of a real blue, but paired with dark it can offer a gray hue. We would have to see the "secret sauce" that Stetson had for the felt color mix to get closer. I see it being like other blue-grays of the 30-40's that had a chameleon like ability to show blue and gray and a mix of both.

i-gZJjLDR-M.jpg

i-kftc9f6-M.jpg

i-Z9wqf3b-M.jpg

i-Hqqs8fK-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 166570
So, just started within the past few months, to choose classic hats vs caps. Found a Fedora on line. Like it. But I've been seeking a better fitting, classic straw. Found a Vintage Hopkins at a resale shop in Louisville. Love the fit and quality of it. Came with the hat box and it fits perfectly.

Welcome to the Lounge.

That hat suits you perfectly.

Steinbockhase

Practically Family

i-RJbPKxp-M.jpg

i-DkbDD2j-M.jpg

i-DLMPbhZ-M.jpg

i-GFtMrw3-M.jpg

i-gfhqzHB-M.jpg

Not black felt, but a blue - gray felt hue. Truly one of those glorious felts that has the glimmer of a real blue, but paired with dark it can offer a gray hue. We would have to see the "secret sauce" that Stetson had for the felt color mix to get a closer description. I see it being like other blue-grays of the 30-40's that had a chameleon like ability to show blue and gray and a mix of both.

i-gZJjLDR-M.jpg

i-kftc9f6-M.jpg

i-Z9wqf3b-M.jpg

i-Hqqs8fK-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Does the multiple circular stitching of the brim have any advantages other than styling? Might contribute to more stiffness of the brim or help hold the curvature better? I've seen that feature on cloth / fabric hats already.

Is that new, Charlie?

Wormser for me today.

1dc2553919c854fc3fb87bc71fa576bc.jpg
5099bfcbe463c3bfccc8d3daf0581d47.jpg
4489862b387286db56b804a5bbb19a92.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

The Wormser’s a wonder, Jim!

The Stetsonian is from JJ Hat Center, and I’m wondering if it now qualifies as NOS. It’s a leftover from the efforts of @Matt Deckard, and I’ve been craving one long enough! I LOVE this lid, and wish I could buy one in the gray, too.

I’ll be back....

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Sun finally and a cold morning after days of rain
2e1ugsj.jpg

Panizza Kangaroo size is 59. This is one of my rain hats
11k8vhv.jpg

Made after Panizza closed the historical factory, probably made in Tuscany
123787p.jpg

It was machine formed and it has no lining, fabric sweatband and a lovely felt
90wq47.jpg

Raw brim at 6 cm. and a crown at 11 cm, very wearable and rainproof
a1l1jo.jpg

Thanks for your likes of the last days.
Compliments you all for the parade of excellent hats showed everyday.

The Jackal

One of the Regulars
I'm pretty much exclusively wearing my diamond crown Panama at this point. Its just gotten too hot for anything else.

I tried wearing my brown Hobbs fedora last night and I was sweating before I could make it past the kitchen. I just turned around and grabbed my panama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner