Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

SunBody

780e78189be997236f2f78018251870d.jpg

4caa9e0a5b0d16318f804307b165a758.jpg

9bdcd3a443422599b0bd86a0fad8eca5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
That's interesting. In the USA everything is tagged for us in English and it's very rare to find any other script. Farsi was just a stab I took at it because of my impression paisley is Persian in origin, and another that Farsi is common to Persia. Both impressions, in fact, may be incorrect. I can't remember where they came from, so it must be ideas my mind constructed from bits and pieces of background information picked up here and there, most likely in reading.
You're right about the paisley pattern originating from Persia. The script just doesn't look like Farsi to me. Wherever it's from though, it's still a nice looking tie

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Nice little "Some Body". I had one about like that for years and never could get it to fit. I wet it and kept it on the stretcher all the time and it was always a half-size too small.

My experience (three hats) is the same; they run a bit small. The company advises that the sweats shrink a bit, but even accounting for that I think they run small. I tried to reblock one but had no luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Let's be Frank... the ubiquitous silver gray milan from that short window in the late 1950s when everyone wanted to look like this guy and every hat company offered just the ticket.

062419_1.jpg

062419_2.jpg

062419_3.jpg

062419_4.jpg

062419_5.jpg

062419_6.jpg
Nice post, as well as hat, Alan. I will have to ask my dad about it though, as I was one of those ubiquitous twinkles at the time.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
The photo is from the "Come Fly With Me" era (1957). Sinatra wore Cavanagh, I believe, though Knox and Dobbs came from the same source. Stetson and others were in on the game too.
I have a black stingy Milan with that broad, light, pug; a Dobbs. The silk is rather threadbare, and I think beyond salvation.

2/11/58. I must be right about the twinkle.
I should be careful. Bob might be blushing.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice hat:

Longriders

Thanks Perry. I'll have to rewatch that movie one of these days. Nice looking Stetson you are wearing today.

If that hat were a little wider and whiter, Michael, and you could be in Earnest Tubb's band! Great look you have today.
Thanks Randy. He did seem to like a white hat. And better Ernaest Tubb than Ernest T. Bass.

Another beautiful side to side roll across the front of the brim. You shared a Homburg recently rolled the same way. I really like it.
Thanks, Hat. That's a nice looking milan you have on today.

Thanks all,
Michael

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Let's be Frank... the ubiquitous silver gray milan from that short window in the late 1950s when everyone wanted to look like this guy and every hat company offered just the ticket.

062419_1.jpg

062419_2.jpg

062419_3.jpg

062419_4.jpg

062419_5.jpg

062419_6.jpg
Sinatra, no one better or above. Right now though Alan, I think many of us would love to look like you in that fantastic iconic 50s silver grey. Wonderful look, great lid.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21