Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Resistol Stagecoach "Longrider"
IMG_2302 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2301 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2304 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
6-24-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2299 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Monday,
Michael
That is one cool hat, Michael. Super shape, interesting colour, real nice thinnish ribbon, quality looking finnish. But the pièce de résistance is that stage coach pin. The whole effect just highlights why Resistol called it the Stagecoach Longrider. Love it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. A vintage Dobbs (inky blue felt) was my morning hat. Great proportions on this hat.

i-v68Z3j5-M.jpg

i-tP65Lcw-M.jpg

i-VM3xmVk-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Everything about that Dobbs is superb, Eric. Colour, crown height, pinches, brim, liner. An iconographic hat of the 40s and 50s.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That is one cool hat, Michael. Super shape, interesting colour, real nice thinnish ribbon, quality looking finnish. But the pièce de résistance is that stage coach pin. The whole effect just highlights why Resistol called it the Stagecoach Longrider. Love it.

Thanks Steve. I think this was the first or second western hat that I bought when I started out with hats. It was the pin that sold me. Well, that and the brim roll. haha. It's always been a bit tight in the forehead region, not because it is too small, but because it's too round. After a couple of years of working on it off and on I think we've finally reached an agreement and it is comfortable to wear now.

Thanks,
Michael

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Steve. I think this was the first or second western hat that I bought when I started out with hats. It was the pin that sold me. Well, that and the brim roll. haha. It's always been a bit tight in the forehead region, not because it is too small, but because it's too round. After a couple of years of working on it off and on I think we've finally reached an agreement and it is comfortable to wear now.

Thanks,
Michael
Looks good on you, Michael. You were made for one another. Like a good marriage, you and the hat have come to an agreeable arrangement [emoji4]

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Special request: Does anyone out there have a Natural colored felt with a red/wine/burgundy ribbon who would be willing to share a few pictures? Thanks.

Yes, I'm looking at color combo's for a new custom...imagine that!!! Tuk is the winner with the special Blue ribbon on his new one, so I'm having to look for other colors!!!
I think 3 of us have natural Gannon hats with the slate ribbon. It's more of a raspberry/ plum color that shines with gray highlights as the light moves on the ribbon. Very cool ribbon.

20190521_072102.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Thank you sir, looks great. I have a Slate ribbon on my Granite Gannon and I like it a lot but the color does stand out more against the lighter natural felt.

I think 3 of us have natural Gannon hats with the slate ribbon. It's more of a raspberry/ plum color that shines with gray highlights as the light moves on the ribbon. Very cool ribbon.

View attachment 174313

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Earlier this afternoon I caught the Head Groundskeeper & Maintenance man for Hurricane Manor taking an unauthorized break. I wish someone would fire his ass!

View attachment 174330

Out for some good BBQ before rain returns tomorrow in this 3x6 Moore Hat Co. in Bone.

View attachment 174331

View attachment 174332

View attachment 174333
Great hat Jack! I know how you feel, someone should fire my maintenance man also, I think he is drinking on the job!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Looks good on you, Michael. You were made for one another. Like a good marriage, you and the hat have come to an agreeable arrangement [emoji4]

Something about that sounds more than a bit utopian. A hat will always be easier to live with than a wife, though the wife may often be more fun.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21