Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you very much for the kind words. The color is not represented very well in the pics. I'd say it is silverbelly as it has a definite gray tint to it. Here's the ribbon shot you asked for. By the way, it came with the branding iron on it, so I left it there.
View attachment 174454
Thanks for the photos Robbie. That is one nice ribbon and flow on the flange as I suspected/expected.

Getting correct colours on a photo are always hard, but I thought Silver Belly style, too.

Super hat whatever way you look at it.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Mayser "Stella Steif Federlicht made for Huthase Dresden, Chemnitz, Leipzig possibly 1930s and a recent arrival.

48128541163_534a48aa62_b.jpg

48128493376_ecf615fdb9_b.jpg

48128553013_0790685faa_b.jpg

48128534876_a960829d07_b.jpg

48128633622_e76359e347_b.jpg
Looks good on you, Steve. Is it feather light?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Had to send the wife off on her own to the Oregon Coast, no sleep last night, lots of pain. They are going to send me to the spine guy now. I was hoping for some relief by the injections, but it was not to be. Sorry I have been so AWOL!
I was going to wear my modern Stetson Stratoliner hemp Milan, in sand. Did some rework on the brim with a classic snap. Hope she has a good time visiting family in Florence. I'm going down for a nap now...
View attachment 174410 View attachment 174411 View attachment 174412
I sure hope you feel better soon, Mike.

I wore my Florentine Milan today. I know it's a poly hat, but i sure like it. I dig your hemp Milan, too, and wonder if I'd have been better served going that route.

20190625_152101.jpg

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I would love to! I don’t know that it’s possible, though. My wife is from Eskilstuna. We will be there mostly, except for a day trip to Norway to see some of my cousins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Per Danielsson is a Swedish jazz pianist and composer. He married a good family friend. So say hi to the Danielssons for me!

Steve, Thank you! It's 155 grams so not weight wise but it does wear feather like because of the sweatband. I think my lightest weight Stiff Felt is about 110 grams.
Michael, Thank you! That is a very light one. I will have to see if I can find the posts from when we were trying to find the lightest one. I can't remember how much a typical liner weighed but it can't be much.

Michael, Thank you! That is a very light one. I will have to see if I can find the posts from when we were trying to find the lightest one. I can't remember how much a typical liner weighed but it can't be much.
A liner weighs around 10 grams. My lightest (118 grams) with a liner is this Negretti "Adonis" Wool Stiff Felt. It's 58 cm so I would assume a smaller size would be slightly less weight.

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/topic/58-negretti/?do=findComment&comment=321

I believe the lightest Stiff Felt + Liner here on FL was around 110 grams but I might be wrong.

I checked and I think Manfred's Rehfus & Cie "Zephyr" might be the lightest but it's a smaller size than my my Negretti "Adonis" Wool. The 70 grams is the felt only.

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...ie-hutfabrikanten/?do=findComment&comment=605

Last edited:

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
A liner weighs around 10 grams. My lightest (118 grams) with a liner is this Negretti "Adonis" Wool Stiff Felt. It's 58 cm so I would assume a smaller size would be slightly less weight.

https://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/topic/58-negretti/?do=findComment&comment=321

I believe the lightest Stiff Felt + Liner here on FL was around 110 grams but I might be wrong.

I checked and I think Manfred's Rehfus & Cie "Zephyr" might be the lightest but it's a smaller size than my my Negretti "Adonis" Wool. The 70 grams is the felt only.

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...ie-hutfabrikanten/?do=findComment&comment=605
70 g is definitely a lightweight hat. I don't have much of a collection to compare the Stetson to. But I've always thought it was lightweight compared to some of the others I've handled. I think I've narrowed it down to having been made between 1906 and 1917.
9-10-2017 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Michael

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
Had to send the wife off on her own to the Oregon Coast, no sleep last night, lots of pain. They are going to send me to the spine guy now. I was hoping for some relief by the injections, but it was not to be. Sorry I have been so AWOL!
I was going to wear my modern Stetson Stratoliner hemp Milan, in sand. Did some rework on the brim with a classic snap. Hope she has a good time visiting family in Florence. I'm going down for a nap now...
Nice work on the brim. I hope they can get a handle on the pain for you. Have they tried any of of the decompression traction techniques? I've had sciatic issues vanish from that, and talked to someone recently who had upper spine treatments of the same kind.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
You look like Lee Marvin in that pic, Mike.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
c6a806a45361ad96e556d7502696fb2b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner