Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

fabiovenhorst

Call Me a Cab
65285227_3413135335387614_308374941001056256_o.jpg

Okay, It's been a 25 week so far, but I just had to get out the 100 today.

Rob, it's great to have a 100 that you can do that tight crease with and that one looks great with a low contrast band. I haven't seen an awful lot of soft Stetson 100's around here. Mine is of the firmer variety. That one looks as soft as my Cav 100. Great find. Lose the tassel.

Robieman

A-List Customer
Rob, it's great to have a 100 that you can do that tight crease with and that one looks great with a low contrast band. I haven't seen an awful lot of soft Stetson 100's around here. Mine is of the firmer variety. That one looks as soft as my Cav 100. Great find. Lose the tassel.
Thanks buddy. Honestly, I'm just kinda experimenting with different hat bands, trying to find something to "set off" the hat. I'd like to find one similar to this, but without the tassels. Perhaps I need to keep looking!! I really do appreciate your comments, as I do everyone's comments. I figure, sometimes it takes another set of eyes to see things from a different perspective.

I really do appreciate your comments

Oh, just poking you about the band. I do lean toward more subtle colors. If I was gonna put horse hair on a 100 I would look around for something in hitched horse hair. I've been looking at one for myself and they can get pretty expensive. I like the clean look of the double slide style and hitched is smoother and more elegant. Their website sucks but here are some offerings of some of the more reasonable prices I've found.
http://rockymountainhatcompany.com/

Robieman

A-List Customer
Oh, just poking you about the band. I do lean toward more subtle colors. If I was gonna put horse hair on a 100 I would look around for something in hitched horse hair. I've been looking at one for myself and they can get pretty expensive. I like the clean look of the double slide style and hitched is smoother and more elegant. Their website sucks but here are some offerings of some of the more reasonable prices I've found.
http://rockymountainhatcompany.com/
I figured you were and I don't mind. My dad poked at me & my brothers all the time. I guess he figured he would get us used to it, so as not to bother us. And I think it worked. Of course, I do a lot of poking at folks as well because if it!
The ones I have, came from http://www.knot-a-tail.com/
She has some pretty nice ones and I think, not too expensive. But I am going to check out the one you have suggested. I will agree with you the hitched ones might look better on this hat. I have some larger brimmed westerns that the tasseled ones seem to go better on.
Thanks again buddy

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Also had to try out this inexpensive paper straw that i picked up yesterday for a buck.
IMG_2502 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I got it mostly to keep in mind the old ivory on white ribbon body combo. Which turns out to be much harder to photograph than to see with the eyes.
IMG_2516 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2514 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Off for some grocery shopping now.

Michael

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Both are class acts, my friends, and show off summer wear at it's finest! Thanks for sharing.

American Hat Co. para panama this morning
IMG_2495 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2493 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2499 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_2498 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Supposed to see 92 here today.
IMG_2482 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good one,
Michael

0f7f2b4590adf5bbe19a49f51248f902.jpg

Panama Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet you a dollar the line is from the sweat band.
Usually... not always that happens when a hat is stored stacked on or in another hat, or when a too small hat is worn on a too big of a head.
And sometimes when the felt is really thin and pliable the top of the sweat line will transfer to the outside of the crown.

That makes sense. However, the hat was bought new and stored in its own box ever since: no stacking. The felt sure isn’t thin, and it’s not a particularly tight fitting hat either. Hmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Okay, It's been a 25 week so far, but I just had to get out the 100 today. This hat is so amazing, I changed the crown crease in about 5 minutes when I first arrived at work this morning! I tried another horsehair hat band today, also with tassels! The one yesterday generated so many comments, I thought we'd see what we could come up with today!
View attachment 174779 View attachment 174780
Beautiful hat Robie.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Bet you a dollar the line is from the sweat band.
Usually... not always that happens when a hat is stored stacked on or in another hat, or when a too small hat is worn on a too big of a head.
And sometimes when the felt is really thin and pliable the top of the sweat line will transfer to the outside of the crown.
That's probably it, RBH. Should have thought of that myself.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

My Rehfus Zephyr weighs 102 grams, but it's a size 56.
Stefan, Some how I missed yours. I have photos posted and the weight. I must have been wrong about Manfred's. The Rehfus & Cie "Zefhyr" are definitely the lightest weight here. The size and form / dimensions are also a factor. My Negretti "Adonis" is a larger size and has larger dimensions (crown and brim size). Your Rehfus & Cie "Zefhyr" has a small crown size.

https://germanaustrianhats.invision...e-hutfabrikanten/?do=findComment&comment=1770

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy