Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
My Playboy clone SBCD this morning.

IMG_4748.jpg

IMG_4742.jpg

Rain here today, so straw is out. Still seasonally adjusted though, with the VS light sage... Best color rendition is in the shot with the hat on my belly.
L1000717.jpg L1000723.jpg L1000732.jpg L1000744.jpg L1000748.jpg L1000753.jpg

And, @alanfgag, thanks for floating those beautiful Boaters, Bud!!
My mother was reminiscing last week about buying a new one every year on Father's Day during the Great Depression. They were around $1, she said.

Last edited:

Cornshucker77

Call Me a Cab
Rain here today, so straw is out. Still seasonally adjusted though, with the VS light sage...
View attachment 177862 View attachment 177863 View attachment 177864 View attachment 177865 View attachment 177866 View attachment 177867

My mother was reminiscing last week about buying a new one every year on Father's Day during the Great Depression. They were around $1, she said.
Beautiful VS Charlie. Looks great on you.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Rain here today, so straw is out. Still seasonally adjusted though, with the VS light sage...
View attachment 177862 View attachment 177863 View attachment 177864 View attachment 177865 View attachment 177866 View attachment 177867

Beautiful sage on a great looking hat. Love the sage ribbon colour combo, too.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Another wonderful Boater, Alan. If one is not summer boating in one, then one definitely ought to be shpatziring in one. I'm sure the "never a Boater for me" guys are thinking twice now after your great parade. Keep 'em coming my friend. I love 'em.

Thank you for the appreciation, Steve. I've always been a little puzzled by the fear of the water when it comes to vintage boaters. Puzzled and pleased, as it tends to keep the price down on this wonderful category of straw hat. I don't know how I am perceived out and about when I'm wearing a boater but in the mirror, it seems to be as general a summer hat as any other straw. Perhaps accompanied by a full tilt barbershop quartet outfit it might be different? I have one shelf devoted to boaters and I generally get them all out for a wear in the midsummer heat. So more to come!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the appreciation, Steve. I've always been a little puzzled by the fear of the water when it comes to vintage boaters. Puzzled and pleased, as it tends to keep the price down on this wonderful category of straw hat. I don't know how I am perceived out and about when I'm wearing a boater but in the mirror, it seems to be as general a summer hat as any other straw. Perhaps accompanied by a full tilt barbershop quartet outfit it might be different? I have one shelf devoted to boaters and I generally get them all out for a wear in the midsummer heat. So more to come!
Can't wait Alan.

Rain here today, so straw is out. Still seasonally adjusted though, with the VS light sage... Best color rendition is in the shot with the hat on my belly.

Thanks Chas... what a blessing to have your Mom and her memory in the room.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Now that's a beauty. Nice choice of ribbon, too.

This panama fits so well on my head I don't want to take it off. I can feel and smell the history in this oldie but goodie. The weave is like a fine linen cloth but keeps it shape very well. None of my other panamas have this feel, wish I knew how to explain it. lol :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
This panama fits so well on my head I don't want to take it off. I can feel and smell the history in this oldie but goodie. The weave is like a fine linen cloth but keeps it shape very well. None of my other panamas have this feel, wish I knew how to explain it. lol :rolleyes:
You can't explain it Ken, it has to be experienced. Glad you're experiencing this one. It sure looks like one to covet. Thanks for sharing it's beauty.

But were there matching pants? Bring back the LEASURE SUIT!!! (Just stay away from open flames, as the polyester will melt...)

Charlie, for a few years before I ended up on my chosen career path I sold welding supplies and one of my customers was a polyester cloth producing plant. I also serviced a number of sewage treatment plants during that time. I much preferred the latter. I think of that plant every time I see a "Leisure" suit.

Can you imagine that my neighborhood is 71'f with a wind? Temps will drop to 58'f. I have a fleece on - no kidding. The extreme heat and now I can actually wear a fleece and felt hat comfortably. Very cool.

i-Z7hZmSf-M.jpg

Blue man here. The hat is a Supreme Quality Penny's Marathon. The model is Air Command. Late evening low light has the blue appearing to be more iridescent than real life. I am a "blue man" tonight.

i-zgMtVMm-M.jpg

i-ttv3nwj-M.jpg

Stay blue, oh I mean cool. Best, Eric -
True blue or not, it is a wonderful hat, Eric. I like that double dimple in the bow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points