Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
That felt looks very high quality, Michael. Soft and obedient. The color and lines look great, too.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
Thanks Max. It is soft felt in the crown and somewhat stiffer in the brim. Not perfectly obedient, perhaps, but they've settled into a shape I like.

Thanks,
Michael

A solidly sunny day allows the Panama Hats Direct (properly re-finished by Art Fawcett) to shine!

L1000782.jpg L1000783.jpg L1000784.jpg

What a difference in the finish of the vueltas!! Below is this "Special Reserve" product from PHD, then below that is Alan's (@alanfgag) vintage Cavanagh...
IMG_6015.jpg

072519_5.jpg

Last edited:
Great looking hat. Is that the one you ordered just the other day?

Thanks WK. I think i made about a half dozen smoking caps a few years back. This was the only one i could lay my hands on this morning. Yes, they are Haflingers. Great little clog for kicking around the house and yard.

Thanks Scott. I just picked up the 1950s era robe a week or so ago and this was the first morning that I had nice cool weather and remembered to give it a try.

Changed into my day clothes before the weekly shopping trip.
IMG_4294 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4295 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Champ Suede Finish
IMG_4293 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4292 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_4283 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Thursday,
Michael
Aaah, felt weather. How I yearn for that! Wonderful hat, Michael.

Nobody will ever rain on your hat parade, Stefan. Love the pug on your Huber's. Wonderful shot of you wearing it, too. Film star look, my friend.
The ribbon on the Borsalino Palladio is quite unique, and the Barbisio Lobbia is really rather nice.
Those Penumbra hats are ones to watch. Definitely worth investing in one now in my opinion.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Thanks, Steve. All I want now is some felt weather!

Thanks Scott. This one is in near perfect condition. And I like the color a lot, for a grey hat that is. Ha ha.

Thanks Charlie. It's surprisingly difficult to turn up a full leisure suit. Even the top part is a relatively unusual thing to find. Around here at least. Personally I'm a big fan of the jacket designs, but they were brought low by the poly they used for them. They seem to me to be about 50% army tunic and 50% safari jacket in parentage with a big collar thrown on.

Thanks Stefan. That's my made to measure suede jacket from 1979. Unfortunately it was made to someone else's measure, but we must be a pretty near thing.

All great looks. Love the wide pug on the Huber. And the palladio does shine in the sun.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thanks, Michael!

Fine and dandy... love it!

A solidly sunny day allows the Panama Hats Direct (properly re-finished by Art Fawcett) to shine!

View attachment 178284 View attachment 178285 View attachment 178286

What a difference in the finish of the vueltas!! Below is this "Special Reserve" product from PHD, then below that is Alan's (@alanfgag) vintage Cavanagh...
View attachment 178294

Contemporary weaving seems to create a different vuelta than in older hats... I've wondered why. A great hat, Charlie.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Back to boating today with this open weave Stetson, late 1930s to 1940. The crown is firm, the brim is flexible with a gentle upswing to the flange. The sweatband stitching is hidden which is a lovely finishing touch.

072619_1.jpg

072619_2.jpg

072619_3.jpg
Another fantastic vintage Boater, Alan. Love that wide straw, open weave. The ribbon and bow are really eye catching. The upswing flange is a very nice, subtle alternative touch.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana