Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

View attachment 139165 View attachment 139166 View attachment 139167 View attachment 139168 View attachment 139169 View attachment 139170 Greetings All:
Today it’s a follow up of some Disney discussions from yesterday.
The felt and finish is fantastic on this quite old Camel Hair. I’m no expert on fuzzy felt so i’m not sure if the felt has Camel in it or it refers to the finish.
Either way this is the softest most comfortable hat i own yet in no way floppy.
Extremely obedient felt and a dream to wear.
Be well. Bowen
Killer crease Bowen.

Still enjoying my $13 3X...

fc5ee5a333eaf180166b180f515d1215.jpg

2c214be309d70dfccff62dcfcf9ceab2.jpg
Bob you got a steal on that one.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 139165 View attachment 139166 View attachment 139167 View attachment 139168 View attachment 139169 View attachment 139170 Greetings All:
The felt and finish is fantastic on this quite old Camel Hair. I’m no expert on fuzzy felt so i’m not sure if the felt has Camel in it or it refers to the finish.
Be well. Bowen

One of the grandest hats I have seen of late. Bowen that is a fantastic hat!

Out for a spot of lunch and then heading back. Wearing a vtg. Stetson Whippet today.

i-SWxMg3H-M.jpg

i-k3XH29D-L.jpg

Best, Eric -

Just A Hat Rack

Practically Family
Be well. Bowen
That one's a beaut B.

Ryan
Hat size: 7 1/2

mmbarnes

I'll Lock Up
Be well. Bowen
I don't have enough superlatives for that hat. Wonderful, Bowen.

Greetings All:
Be well. Bowen

That ticks a lot of boxes Bowen! Super...

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
That is wonderful, Daniele.

That ribbon is delightfully imaginative.

Daniele, that’s an incredible hat. The felt with the small white insertions is so nice and that unusual ribbon is just perfect. Thanks for sharing.
These fifteen French hats that have all, except two, heather felts, were produced when the French hatters were in total decline, but have magnificent felts and ribbons as well. These were the reasons that led me to purchase.
Thank you very much for your appreciation

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Another wonderful hat, Daniele. It looks so good on you as you wear it so well. Thank you for sharing.
This one and the other French hats you've shared look a lot like the Cervo Bantam I recently bought from you. The long haired felt and ribbon in particular. Is there any connection between Cervo and the French hatmaker?
Uncertain Monday, some ray of sunshine and passing clouds
2w5n9cm.jpg

Flechet "Pilote" Impermeable, without lining, no other indications about typr and color
2mgrzw1.jpg

It is another of the French hats with a particular felt, called here on FL heather
2n21xu.jpg

As his brothers worn in these weeks has a very soft and malleable felt, the color is astounding.
It is a blue-celestial with tiny white insertions that varies according to the light
21jw40z.jpg

The ribbon is like the others very imaginative and a touch of unpredictability
2j0m98o.jpg

A special thank you for the likes of last week. I am grateful

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Another wonderful hat, Daniele. It looks so good on you as you wear it so well. Thank you for sharing.
This one and the other French hats you've shared look a lot like the Cervo Bantam I recently bought from you. The long haired felt and ribbon in particular. Is there any connection between Cervo and the French hatmaker?

I have always thought that in Europe the various "schools of hatters" have found in their production path, the particularities in which they excel. They have always been influenced in the production processes, keeping solid the base from which everyone started: the spinning of wool and felt. There is a verb "felting" that is the explanation of all the procedures for obtaining the felt, first from the wool and then from the furs of various animals. Mixtures have given rise to modern felts, not forgetting the silk that was used for tophats. What connection can there be between hatters who consider a real "secret" a part of the work? Having the product of the "enemy" and understanding how it was done. All European manufacturers have ventured into the various forms of felt with often interesting and very different results. The French hats: Morreton, Flechet and other minor producers build a very soft heather felt with two basic colors and one in contrast, Barbisio, Cervo and Borsalino, in order of "experimentation" build a thicker felt and wrinkled to the touch often tone on tone. In all these felts wool is present, especially for its softness and attitude to dye. For Central European hats, Steve is our source and encyclopedia. However having a large number of French hats from different manufacturers I must confess I'm pleasantly impressed by their quality in the construction of the felt, less by the finishing components (sweatband above all). Another consideration, there are many similitudes between the "lustre felt" short hair made in France and the Borsalino one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy