Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's ADAM fine thing that Saturday morning feels THE POLAR opposite from Monday morning.

Have HELLAFUN.
601ada91a4d67203f4785364d146df49.jpg
a89f71d3ef8721ad098f0ea74283692a.jpg
f24624fc3981359b9233e7a3acb35ffe.jpg
81132b8d3296d440723b48cbed2092e2.jpg
02d29629dbbafba861c0389c7338ce2d.jpg
Love it Matt.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
2.5" of rain in the last two days and still coming down. I guess I'll find out if this Stetson 5X takes to rain like a duck to water.
DSCN5531 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
DSCN5530 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
I'm guessing, but only guessing, a '70s hat
DSCN5532 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Will be testing the hat and this Woolrich slicker for weatherproofness in a bit when I get out on the bike.
10-6-2018 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a great Saturday,
Michael

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Max. Yeah... me too. It kind of reminds me of the Cincinnati Reds' old pinstripe uniforms (nod to Fruno).

I hope that you are feeling better.
Yes! Seeing all my new hats made the cold go away.
Sadly, my brother in law forgot to bring four of my hats with him. Can't blame him, with so many boxes. I hope they are all at his home, and didn't get lost somehow... My three greatest acquisitions are all here, though.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Pardon the tardy recognition of Lounge wonderfulness, catching up from yesterday. Prepping for a Seminar Class at PSU and dinner out with the folks took up my Friday.

Not much time to Lounge around. Damned work and other life junk... Oh well...
Having a happy Friday under a C&K homburg that was sold out of the Finchley Establishment in Chicago.

Merry weekend, all.
57c802fb59176910c541b756c1aee9ca.jpg
Now all is right with the world. A beautiful Mattburg. Love that liner and color combo a whole bunch.

Lucky day! Apparently, a pre ‘47 Disney ‘Robin Hood’.
View attachment 138553 View attachment 138552 View attachment 138551
OMG! This is such a great hat RW. That Robin Hood name is an all time favorite.

We've taken a cool turn here, 48°F currently and only rising to 55°F. Might have to actually turn on the heat to keep The General warm (Si, mi generala!). Then the rain has returned....

So I grabbed the NW Hats Stratton conversion to brave the weather. Warm, rugged and mostly water proof.
i-R7VVtcp-M.jpg

The outback/Aussie style is one that I do not have in my stable. This one is high on my list. Nice save by Mike on this one. Nice.

Great colors on this Richman Bill. Classic features from the 1950s. Great everyday hat.

Friday late post. Biltmore “Sanford” made in USA color birch.
4850229d1d6e325bedcac0cbcd77b4ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really like this "Sanford" D. Great classic lines, nice color, and that bow is so cool. I think I'll steal this idea.

Going for this guy today, it’s a nice 75 degrees today which is unusually hot for this time of year (60 is normal)
Impressive brim David. You have a real sense of style young man!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
CD246772-2ACE-4137-AF71-06A909476F93.jpeg
B0223356-BF90-4D86-BDB9-5881174D875A.jpeg
29C41028-7279-4C58-8274-FA6AD71DE815.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today....i’m feeling childishly foolish, Yep!
Sitting on the front porch with a hat brush, wide paint brush and the knife i only open boxes with. Oh yeah, a big stupid grim. A long awaited box from Canada just went by in the mail truck. Only thing i’m missing is a diaper and a cigar!!
Gotta hurry!!
I’m wearing this hat for a comparison.
The Boss, Fray, the last pic is of Oh Canada.
Be well. Bowen
Ps: nobody out there ever did this, right??

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
2.5" of rain in the last two days and still coming down. I guess I'll find out if this Stetson 5X takes to rain like a duck to water.
Will be testing the hat and this Woolrich slicker for weatherproofness in a bit when I get out on the bike.
Have a great Saturday,
Michael
Good looking hat Michael and I like the Filson vest too.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
View attachment 138748 View attachment 138749 View attachment 138750 Greetings All:
Sitting on the front porch with a hat brush, wide paint brush and the knife i only open boxes with. Oh yeah, a big stupid grim. A long awaited box from Canada just went by in the mail truck. Only thing i’m missing is a diaper and a cigar!!
Gotta hurry!!
Be well. Bowen
Oh yeah, it finally came! Extra special looking Bowen..... :D:D:D

Borsalino Thirty in Sfinge colour
View attachment 138665
One of my favorites Stefan. Pastry rules!

Perfect shade of gray Bob. Love this one.

It's ADAM fine thing that Saturday morning feels THE POLAR opposite from Monday morning.
Have HELLAFUN. Very impressive Tonio
02d29629dbbafba861c0389c7338ce2d.jpg
Oh yes! The Polar! Should be a great weekend!

Thanks for refering me to the thread Deadlyhandsome. A very interesting read. Unfortunately, "Will's blogg" seems to be no longer available.
There was also mention of the so called Tuxedo hat in the thread. I have such a hat in my collection, a black Borsalino fedora. So it was interesting reading up on those hats, too. A doubly informative thread you might say [emoji4]
Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
Oooooh! Pictures needed of that Borso Tux Steve! The general consensus about the Lord's Hat is that they are hard to define. I like to think they were a hat for the higher born to wear as a casual, no brim detail, simple and clean. One of my favorite interesting styles. I just figured out that I now have several...oooops! They just kind of appeared in my collection...

This Knox Twenty arrived relatively unscathed from its squishing experience. Just a little steam got it back into shape.
Getting ready to go to Ignacio, my hatter, with some of the others.
The last pic is of the only Knox Foxhound I have so far.
f023b63b40938cc4bfc9979574f35477.jpg

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
Super cool Knox Max. But that wind trolley button is the best thing I'll see all day!

Have a great Saturday,
Michael
Very well equipped Michael. We get a lot of rain here in the PNW, but damn...2.5" It is nice to see this 70s Last Drop get some love.

View attachment 138748 View attachment 138749 View attachment 138750 Greetings All:
Gotta hurry!!
Be well. Bowen

I live vicariously through you Bowen. Can't wait to hear your excitement and rendition of Oh Canada. You have to sing the French verse too though. I know some folks in BC Canada that refuse to sing the French, they hate it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorites Stefan. Pastry rules!

Perfect shade of gray Bob. Love this one.

Oh yes! The Polar! Should be a great weekend!

Oooooh! Pictures needed of that Borso Tux Steve! The general consensus about the Lord's Hat is that they are hard to define. I like to think they were a hat for the higher born to wear as a casual, no brim detail, simple and clean. One of my favorite interesting styles. I just figured out that I now have several...oooops! They just kind of appeared in my collection...

Super cool Knox Max. But that wind trolley button is the best thing I'll see all day!

Very well equipped Michael. We get a lot of rain here in the PNW, but damn...2.5" It is nice to see this 70s Last Drop get some love.

I live vicariously through you Bowen. Can't wait to hear your excitement and rendition of Oh Canada. You have to sing the French verse too though. I know some folks in BC Canada that refuse to sing the French, they hate it.
Ha ha Red:
If that truck doesn’t hurry up i’m a be cussin in Marine!! I have gone out and found em more than once!!
B

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I almost never work on a Saturday, but a client needed an new home inspection done immediately and offered nearly double my going rate, so who am I to complain. Besides, the view is awesome from the rooftop in my new 70's era Safari & Travel hat. This really is a cool work hat, tough as nails and sticks to my head when the wind blows. 100% Genuine Fur (whatever that meant in the 70's) nice leather sweatband, and very mint looking satin liner. This one will get lots of wear. ;)

batch_IMG_0826.jpg
batch_IMG_0832.jpg
batch_IMG_0836.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Great colour and what a ribbon! Cool hat Wyldkarma.
I almost never work on a Saturday, but a client needed an new home inspection done immediately and offered nearly double my going rate, so who am I to complain. Besides, the view is awesome from the rooftop in my new 70's era Safari & Travel hat. This really is a cool work hat, tough as nails and sticks to my head when the wind blows. 100% Genuine Fur (whatever that meant in the 70's) nice leather sweatband, and very mint looking satin liner. This one will get lots of wear. ;)

View attachment 138751 View attachment 138752 View attachment 138753

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
"Oooooh! Pictures needed of that Borso Tux Steve! The general consensus about the Lord's Hat is that they are hard to define. I like to think they were a hat for the higher born to wear as a casual, no brim detail, simple and clean. One of my favorite interesting styles. I just figured out that I now have several...oooops! They just kind of appeared in my collection..."

Isn't that the way Red: hats just seem to appear. How do they get there [emoji4]. I love Homburgs and have several, but no Lord's hat. I'm hoping to put that right via Daniele. It was very interesting to read about them in the Lord's Hat thread.

I believe I've posted the Borsalino tuxedo hat before, but will gladly post again once I find the photos, or take some new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn