Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
A Stagecoach
20181121.jpg

Woodtroll

One Too Many
I used to be pretty good with an air rifle when I was a kid. So much so that I have wondered if it might have been my only true talent, but in Mexico firearms are heavily regulated. Most people who have them here are scary.

Yes, that's what I understand, so I honestly can't blame you if that is the only exposure you've had. That's sort of what I meant when I said some people with guns (here) concern me, too. There are plenty of folks here who possess guns illegally that have no business with them. But there are folks who drive drunk every day on suspended licenses, too, and they kill more people than guns.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Interesting discussion. I'm with Scotty on this, but that's because I put on my hat last. Coordinating is something I think more about having more hats in my collection to actually coordinate with. And I think hats are a forgiving piece of outerwear anyway; almost impossible to put on a "wrong" hat.
I agree, mostly because I wear golf clothes every day. Golf should be a required course in dental school.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
For the series of Italian hats that have noble origins, but are "hidden" here is another example
2e2flvt.jpg

The name is "Tanaro" and was produced in Alessandria the house of Borsalino
300gvf8.jpg

The hat has all the characteristics of a Borsalino even the label in paper without the name we all know
xkwpz7.jpg

Felt is good, not of the highest quality, but very beautiful to the touch as well as the finishes
eqv4a8.jpg

It was another hat that had to travel to Mexico City and then stayed in Verona to keep me company and I'll tell you that I'm happy
2s9aib7.jpg

Thanks for the likes on yesterday Borsalino. Have a nice day

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
No hat as of yet as Thanksgiving is at my house. I will be leaving later in the day to visit relatives so I'll pick something then. Just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to all American Loungers, and have a nice Thursday to the rest of the world.
I always feel a little sad on Thanksgiving day in Mexico. Since it isn't a holiday here, my daughters have school or work, my patients expect me to be there for them, and my wife has stuff to do, since we aren't spending the day together.
My son lives in NY, and spends it with his girlfriend, so I am all alone.

Hmmmm. I think I will drown my sorrows in hats. [emoji22]

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 145493 View attachment 145494

Heyday hats they were, Bowen! And don’t forget the Lee Twenty, Gold Label!

Happy Thanksgiving Charlie. I give thanks today for your post and wish you and your family an enjoyable long weekend. May the grand-kids wear grandfather out!

I agree, mostly because I wear golf clothes every day. Golf should be a required course in dental school.

Max; Golf was an elective in Grad school for us Mechanical engineers. When I went to business grad school it was a the way to socialize. I have not played very much golf since my father-in-law passed. He owned a golf course and the son-in-law had expectations for a sport that I did not enjoy. Glad you are passionate sir.

View attachment 145504
Navy Borsalino this Thanksgiving morning.

Happy Thanksgiving sir! I hope you have the opportunity to give thanks to your family and friends today.

Best, Eric -

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Happy Thanksgiving Charlie. I give thanks today for your post and wish you and your family an enjoyable long weekend. May the grand-kids wear grandfather out!

Max; Golf was an elective in Grad school for us Mechanical engineers. When I went to business grad school it was a the way to socialize. I have not played very much golf since my father-in-law passed. He owned a golf course and the son-in-law had expectations for a sport that I did not enjoy. Glad you are passionate sir.

Happy Thanksgiving sir! I hope you have the opportunity to give thanks to your family and friends today.

Best, Eric -
When I had my career aptitude test in highschool I was told I would make a good mechanical engineer because I had "very good spatial perception". I didn't choose mechanical engineering, but my spatial perception did come in handy in dentistry.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good late morning. Besides organizing and preparing for a Thanksgiving meal for 8 other guests I headed out for a dog walk in a Minnesota tuxedo (red/black patterned wool coat) and a vintage Stetson Whippet. This "tuxedo" was my grandfather's jacket. He did not wear it often as it replaced his similar jacket on his 90th birthday. I wear it proudly! Today I take a moment to give thanks for my family.

i-mfGSzRn-M.jpg

At times we dismiss Whippets as not being of a quality that equates with the high market price they demand. In this hat's defense the felt is excellent. Workmanship is standard Whippet quality, but the felt is terrific. Light gray hats matter!

i-4p7qnvp-M.jpg

i-S2GGSCJ-M.jpg

I have been cleaning up fallen limbs and blowing the last of the black oak leaves from the fire pit area. I will prepare a log cabin set-up of logs and kindling fire in the fire pit. Sauna, grilled sausages, adult beverages and a fire in the pit is the plan for the evening. I know that many folks will be leaving for some shopping adventures, but they will miss a grand time.

i-nhcQRH2-M.jpg

i-FXrRvG5-M.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all the USA Fedora Lounge family. I give thanks for being fortunate to share your passions on this internet site. Happy Thursday to all our world Fedora Lounge family.

Best wishes, Eric -

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Good late morning. Besides organizing and preparing for a Thanksgiving meal for 8 other guests I headed out for a dog walk in a Minnesota tuxedo (red/black patterned wool coat) and a vintage Stetson Whippet. This "tuxedo" was my grandfather's jacket. He did not wear it often as it replaced his similar jacket on his 90th birthday. I wear it proudly! Today I take a moment to give thanks for my family.

i-mfGSzRn-M.jpg

At times we dismiss Whippets as not being of a quality that equates with the high market price they demand. In this hat's defense the felt is excellent. Workmanship is standard Whippet quality, but the felt is terrific. Light gray hats matter!

i-4p7qnvp-M.jpg

i-S2GGSCJ-M.jpg

I have been cleaning up fallen limbs and blowing the last of the black oak leaves from the fire pit area. I will prepare a log cabin set-up of logs and kindling fire in the fire pit. Sauna, grilled suagsages, adult beverages and a fire in the pit is the plan for the evening. I know that many folks will be leaving for some shopping adventures, but tey will miss a grand time.

i-nhcQRH2-M.jpg

i-FXrRvG5-M.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving to all the USA Fedora Lounge family. I give thanks for being fortunate to share your passions on this internet site. Happy Thursday to all our world Fedora Lounge family.

Best wishes, Eric -
Thanks, Eric. Wish I could be there.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up

i-mfGSzRn-M.jpg

i-4p7qnvp-M.jpg

i-S2GGSCJ-M.jpg

I have been cleaning up fallen limbs and blowing the last of the black oak leaves from the fire pit area. I will prepare a log cabin set-up of logs and kindling fire in the fire pit. Sauna, grilled suagsages, adult beverages and a fire in the pit is the plan for the evening. I know that many folks will be leaving for some shopping adventures, but tey will miss a grand time.

i-nhcQRH2-M.jpg

i-FXrRvG5-M.jpg

Best wishes, Eric -
Not being an expert, I was disappointed when I finally obtained my Whippet. Reading your post, I am comforted to know it wasn't just bad luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails