Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Just shoot me now... Going furniture shopping with the wife this morning. We need to fill up 10' of wall space with entertainment center and hutch like storage in the "fish room" next to my new 120 gallon aquarium. I thought a nice, comfortable fedora was in order. The Resistol 880 came to hand. Sure like this hat, Brent was a gem to gift it to me. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

View attachment 150948 View attachment 150949 View attachment 150950
What do the numbers mean in the Resistol, Michael? Can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 150961 View attachment 150962 View attachment 150964 View attachment 150965 Greetings All:
Today....it’s one i think i’ve overlooked. (Chuckling at myself).
Was pondering the world of forgetfulness.
Anyway....50’s (late) Stetson Twenty-Five.
Lotta crown, pretty good brim. A pretty fine hat. No idea if it’s ever been posted.
Chuckle
Be well. Bowen
Great looking hat! The boots are icing on the cake!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Tukwila

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Made it to Cuenca. Nephew must have thrown up a dozen times. Probably a combination of the altitude, with less oxygen, and being car sick. Poor guy.
We drove through the clouds going over the mountain.
20190105_153753.jpg IMG-20190105-WA0004.jpg IMG-20190105-WA0001.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
Just shoot me now... Going furniture shopping with the wife this morning. We need to fill up 10' of wall space with entertainment center and hutch like storage in the "fish room" next to my new 120 gallon aquarium. I thought a nice, comfortable fedora was in order. The Resistol 880 came to hand. Sure like this hat, Brent was a gem to gift it to me. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

View attachment 150948 View attachment 150949 View attachment 150950

Perhaps you could go the @drmaxtejeda route and have some custom hat storage built to fill up that 10' of wall space. Maybe vintage apothecary cabinet with glass front, interior lighting...sounds pretty entertaining to me. Wife gets the new kitchen, you get a new tank and hat display. You could even spin it that she gets part of the guest bedroom back to boot!

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
That is a beautiful hat, Charlie. Wow. I have it on my eBay list, but never a hit. Just beautiful.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Max.
My first fedora was (still is, actually) a 1950 Lee private label. I bought it new in 1972, and it's still in regular rotation.

Lee made a ton of private label hats, and a great line of their own brand with four price/quality points. They were designated as Black Label, Blue Label, Silver Label, and Gold Label.

Thanks, Max.
My first fedora was (still is, actually) a 1950 Lee private label. I bought it new in 1972, and it's still in regular rotation.

Lee made a ton of private label hats, and a great line of their own brand with four price/quality points. They were designated as Black Label, Blue Label, Silver Label, and Gold Label.

I know it’s a stupid question, but did you list the price points in ascending order? I know so little about Lee except that I like how they look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Perhaps you could go the @drmaxtejeda route and have some custom hat storage built to fill up that 10' of wall space. Maybe vintage apothecary cabinet with glass front, interior lighting...sounds pretty entertaining to me. Wife gets the new kitchen, you get a new tank and hat display. You could even spin it that she gets part of the guest bedroom back to boot!
Too many hat boxes. The most I can hope for is a nice corner of the room! I do need a nice work table for the Jiffy Steamer though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21