Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Richard Morgan

One Too Many

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Nice color and crease on that OR Michael. Very warm, wool look this morning.
Thanks Red. It was a nice warm day and a good day for some walking.

Just shoot me now... Going furniture shopping with the wife this morning. We need to fill up 10' of wall space with entertainment center and hutch like storage in the "fish room" next to my new 120 gallon aquarium. I thought a nice, comfortable fedora was in order. The Resistol 880 came to hand. Sure like this hat, Brent was a gem to gift it to me. I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

View attachment 150948 View attachment 150949 View attachment 150950
Love the shine on the ribbon of this 880. Great looking hat.

Michael

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I chose a hat for yesterday afternoons task for it's name - (Knox Westlite) Forestry. I was using a brush saw and a chainsaw to make small wood out of big wood. The hat was easily up to the task. Later I was sore and needing a warm shower. The hat needed a leather sweat treatment, a steam/brush and then a rest on a block. Both of us are ready for the next wood chores.

i-D9wcdW3-M.jpg

i-7LbTQ42-M.jpg

i-42njcVs-M.jpg

This morning I was out for a dog walk in a VS Wanderer (inspired by the vintage Stetson fedora of said name). The fedora is a lightweight beaver felt in a granite hue.

i-Pm2VGVz-M.jpg

i-NZRDW2g-M.jpg

i-crbLSdh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

I chose a hat for yesterday afternoons task for it's name - (Knox Westlite) Forestry. I was using a brush saw and a chainsaw to make small wood out of big wood. The hat was easily up to the task. Later I was sore and needing a warm shower. The hat needed a leather sweat treatment, a steam/brush and then a rest on a block. Both of us are ready for the next wood chores.

i-D9wcdW3-M.jpg

i-7LbTQ42-M.jpg

i-42njcVs-M.jpg

This morning I was out for a dog walk in a VS Wanderer (inspired by the vintage Stetson fedora of said name). The fedora is a lightweight beaver felt in a granite hue.

i-Pm2VGVz-M.jpg

i-NZRDW2g-M.jpg

i-crbLSdh-M.jpg

Best, Eric -
Great hats Eric! Just don't get mixed up and give the hat a shower and steam yourself. You can rest on a hat block if that helps though...

What do the numbers mean in the Resistol, Michael? Can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
The 880 is an homage to the new passenger jet of the late 1950s, the Convair 880. The 880 was not as big of a success as the Boeing 707. Resistol did a whole series of the new jets, they had a 707 hat as well. Have to look for one of those.
Convair 880 in flight 550x.jpg

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
I just love this one. The provenance you provided about Brost's was a real treat.

Thank you for the kind words!

I'm definitely finding it quite enjoyable trying to dig up some history associated with these vintage hats. I need to circle back and do some more work on my early 30s Stetson derby that was sold in my locale. I've been thinking about contacting the local newspaper or TV stations to see if they'd have any interest in doing a piece after I have some more material put together. As much as we enjoy all things hats here on TFL, I realize that doesn't translate to the general public. Still, it's nice to see the occasional feel good story as opposed to crime, politics, pop culture, etc that tend to dominate the news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko