Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Roll Tide, indeed.

I have found that once you have the roll started well, as you describe, you can get close to a finished look using your iron by placing the hat on a hard surface, I repurposed a piece of countertop when we updated. Place your form inside the roll and hold it in place with your fingers and with the iron on its edge, roll it across the damp brim towards the crown while you try like hell to keep your fingers out of the way. Turn the steam OFF! Trust me. Doing this helps reduce the 'pie' pinch lumps as well.
Thanks. It’s on!!

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Thanks Ken. If I recall that hat is the only one I found in the Goodwill Halloween hat bin last year.

Today it's a Biltmore President, at least until the rain starts up.
IMG_5992 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5991 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5988 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
2 5/8" raw edge brim, 1" ribbon. I picked this one up a couple of years ago as NOS
IMG_5983 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5985 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_5982 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Trying to decide if I have time to ride the bicycle to the store before the rain starts.
IMG_5969 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good Saturday,
Michael
Awesome look Michael. Add a walking stick and you're ready to hike the Alps.

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
Thank you. I don’t know much about boots but these seemed really comfortable and the guy told me they are a well-made boot, made in Pennsylvania. Abilene is the company.
7fd9043180d89d5084fc218e22acc841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Excellent stitching too. Looks like bull horns on the toe area. ;)

Robieman

A-List Customer
Good Morning gang. I had to work today and wore in the first Twenty Five I had gotten. I have never been real thrilled with the crease, as the front pinch area is dirty & weak, from previous owners bad habits no doubt. Also, I had got a small cheap clothes steamer off the bay, and wanted to try it out. It actually worked fairly well, not an abundance of steam, but enough to do the job. Some of the old creases till show a bit, but hey! I got it with the idea of portability, and I can use it in the garage instead of tying up the wife's stove, which is a good thing, right?!
So I shifted the front crease into a Gus of sorts, and am relatively happy with the hat for the time being. You can see the steamer in one of the pics. I also have tried my hand at doing some ribbons, and have put one on the hat as a trial to see how I like it too. SO to the pics.....
9-21TWENTYFIVE1.jpg 9-21TWENTYFIVE2.jpg 9-21TWENTYFIVE3.jpg 9-21TWENTYFIVE4.jpg

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
View attachment 185444 View attachment 185445 View attachment 185446 View attachment 185447 View attachment 185448 View attachment 185449 Greetings All:
Today....playing with some broad brims. Thinking about pencil rolling a couple just to reconcile their profiles with my pencil neck profile. Maybe change up some creases too. Idk
Boss Raw Edge CN and old NO.1
I’d love to entertain suggestions.
Be well. Bowen
Ps: learned a new cyber-word today...doxing. Good word. Lol
Roll em if you got 'em, B. I like a good pencil roll too. ;)

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

Robieman

A-List Customer
I like what you did with that one, Rob. That crease suits the dimensions well, IMO.

I wore out a similar handheld as she didn't like me steaming up the kitchen. I lucked out and found a Jiffy on the bay for a reasonable amount.

Your ribbons look good.
Thank you sir, and I hope this crease will work. You know how some folks say a hat will find its crease. Well, that does seem to be the case most of the time. But for some reason, I haven't been able to find it on this one, possibly due to the bad spot on the front. With the bad spot hidden now, perhaps this may well be the right one, and I appreciate your comment about it. I certainly plan to wear it a while and see, because this is one of the softest, easy wearing hats I have.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good Morning gang. I had to work today and wore in the first Twenty Five I had gotten. I have never been real thrilled with the crease, as the front pinch area is dirty & weak, from previous owners bad habits no doubt. Also, I had got a small cheap clothes steamer off the bay, and wanted to try it out. It actually worked fairly well, not an abundance of steam, but enough to do the job. Some of the old creases till show a bit, but hey! I got it with the idea of portability, and I can use it in the garage instead of tying up the wife's stove, which is a good thing, right?!
So I shifted the front crease into a Gus of sorts, and am relatively happy with the hat for the time being. You can see the steamer in one of the pics. I also have tried my hand at doing some ribbons, and have put one on the hat as a trial to see how I like it too. SO to the pics.....
View attachment 185533 View attachment 185534 View attachment 185535 View attachment 185536

I really like how you shaped this hat. Looks good on you too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails