Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
First of all, my congratulations to all those who, in the summer months, have kept alive the "tradition" of wearing hats.
Many were wonderful, so compliments fellow loungers.
I have bad news to give you: 90% of the photos I posted were "hosted" by tinypics who died, erasing most of the photos in my posts:( so those with needs to see my pictures can request them, they are all saved in my database and with patience can resurface :)
Finally weather allows us, in northest Italy, to wear felt hats, which I repeat, are my favorites
Grigio Tonak 1.jpg
Today I wear a very recent arrival: modern Tonak with a suede and raw brim finish. Firs and third pictures have the right color
Grigio Tonak 3.jpg
It is a great product that with a few touches could become splendid. The felt is of excellent quality, as well as the ribbon and the finishes, some perplexity on the shape, but it can be remedied
Grigio Tonak 2.jpg
Bearing in mind that the suede finish is available only from some hatters and Tonak have around five different hats with this felt finish
Grigio Tonak 4.jpg
Have a nice Saturday and my game is started again ;)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Awesome look Michael. Add a walking stick and you're ready to hike the Alps.
Ha ha, a walking stick and a new pair of lungs might do the trick for the Alps. I really wanted to get to the store today rain or no. So I changed to my Filson tin cloth hat and threw on a Woolrich slicker. Way too hot for the cape today, Bowen.
IMG_6001 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
If I hadn't decided to go to the bike library too I would have gotten home dry. As it was I was under a steady rain on the last 20 minutes home.

Byer Rolnick Beaver 100 this morning. Thin as a dime felt. 3" brim and a 5" crown. Being careful of cross-winds.
View attachment 185541 View attachment 185542 View attachment 185543 View attachment 185544 View attachment 185545
That's a beauty Ken. Perfect felt.

Thanks,
Michael

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
DEB8451F-6211-49BC-9E86-F8B59CAA6C85.jpeg
DA06E14D-E169-4A37-A1C1-E35DE7EFACDD.jpeg
08D20FE8-5919-4267-913E-262F5811DF02.jpeg
100FDEE6-C336-4E59-96DD-009142C56F45.jpeg
F1C8AE75-592D-4854-8BC7-CC01098B53FB.jpeg
Greetings All:
Today....it’s time for a reinstallment of the Mystery Black. Maybe more appropriately named the Seven Star American. Idk
Evidently neither does anyone else because as far as i know...i know nothing...but what is on the sweatband crest and that it is old old. It is kinda neat though.
So...any hat sleuths are welcome to have at it.
Be well. Bowen
Ps: whole new respect for pencil curlers and felt resilience and durability. Curlin ain’t easy!!

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
I was thinking more Victorian like Dr. H.H. Holmes or Jack the Ripper, after Fruno got me to read this book on Holmes.

View attachment 185564

View attachment 185563

View attachment 185562

View attachment 185565

View attachment 185566
I love a great Jack the Ripper tale. Living here in Austin, TX it is theoried that Jack the Ripper started his terrer spree here in Texas before fleeing to England. The Midnight Assassin by Skip Hollandsworth. Very good reading also. ;)

51a-FmS5KhL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
First of all, my congratulations to all those who, in the summer months, have kept alive the "tradition" of wearing hats.
Many were wonderful, so compliments fellow loungers.
I have bad news to give you: 90% of the photos I posted were "hosted" by tinypics who died, erasing most of the photos in my posts:( so those with needs to see my pictures can request them, they are all saved in my database and with patience can resurface :)
Finally weather allows us, in northest Italy, to wear felt hats, which I repeat, are my favorites
View attachment 185558
Today I wear a very recent arrival: modern Tonak with a suede and raw brim finish. Firs and third pictures have the right color
View attachment 185559
It is a great product that with a few touches could become splendid. The felt is of excellent quality, as well as the ribbon and the finishes, some perplexity on the shape, but it can be remedied
View attachment 185560
Bearing in mind that the suede finish is available only from some hatters and Tonak have around five different hats with this felt finish
View attachment 185561
Have a nice Saturday and my game is started again ;)
That is a really nice looking Tonak, Daniele. My fingertips can almost feel the suede finish on it. Congrats

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 185572 View attachment 185576 View attachment 185579 View attachment 185580 View attachment 185581 Greetings All:
Today....it’s time for a reinstallment of the Mystery Black. Maybe more appropriately named the Seven Star American. Idk
Evidently neither does anyone else because as far as i know...i know nothing...but what is on the sweatband crest and that it is old old. It is kinda neat though.
Be well. Bowen
Ps: whole new respect for pencil curlers and felt resilience and durability. Curlin ain’t easy!!
Super sharp look B. Nice looking lid, great outfit, especially the jacket, and I really like the decor of the room you're in. My [emoji145] is off to, sir.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Robieman

A-List Customer
View attachment 185572 View attachment 185576 View attachment 185579 View attachment 185580 View attachment 185581 Greetings All:
Be well. Bowen
Love that hat Mr. B. I've seen several of you fellas on here with those curled brims, and have decided I need one too!! Waiting on it to be built as we speak.

Be well. Bowen

Love the mystery hats.
Your curl looks even and consistent; a professional looking job. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wyldkarma

One Too Many
What a nice hat Ken!
Pic #2 is archive material. When they get down to dime thick they are amazing!!
Great, great hat!
Any idea the age of this one?
B
I don't really know the age. It does have a United Hatters & Millinery works / Int. Union / Registered label in the hatband. Maybe someone here can better tell the age by the hat liner?

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Love the mystery hats.
Your curl looks even and consistent; a professional looking job. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Oh shucks, i’d like to take credit for the curl but it’s been there 80-90 yrs or so. Lol
I started in on the No.1 from yesterday but didn’t get far. Gotta admit after starting i was quickly thinking about a curling shackle.
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana