Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
I love Akubras, have never got any issues and have more than 20 Akubras.

I really like the Banjo, overall a great hat, more city style, shorter brim than the CP, great traveler hat, the quality is the best that Akubra has "The Heritage Collection" .

The only issue with the banjo is with the shades, I have one in Heritage Fswn and one in Graphite Grey, love the Fawn one, but somehow I found the Graphite to lack personality, it's like a stained black shade, like real wood charcoal.

But that's just me, most people like the Graphite, I tend to like dark colors that have more deep on them.

You won't be disappointed, may I suggest you try Sam at Everything Australian or the girls at The Hattery, both have outstanding customer service.

Regards.

Rodolfo

Sent from my HMA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I have a Hemp Balmoral, but no felt Akubras yet. I like the fawn and would probably go with that. I wish they had the BGG or Moonstone in it. I bought my Balmoral from Everything Australian and would definitely use them again.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Lee:

b469b996d1a19561091d70dd35967945.jpg

2243b4f3cbe9c423cf445b189df0514e.jpg

261237ed9d7db3085ef51d762fbaa23f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Very nice Deadly!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Looking very dapper for your night out Stefan

Best,
Joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you, Joe.
A rare Berteil Stefan and in nutria. Outstanding!!
I didn’t realize Borsalino made Berteils after G. Borsalino left Berteil to begin his own brand. Interesting. Any feel for how long this went on? Berteil info is so hard to find.
B
Thank you, Bowen. Longer that you'd think. This one was made in 1980 (which was a surprise to me). Here are the insides.
borsalino berteil_07.jpg
borsalino berteil_10.jpg
borsalino berteil_11.jpg

Super hat, super outfit. Hope you had a good time.

Your welcome.

No, I've had it for a year or two. I guess I don't bring out black hats that often.

Very nice collection. Super party look with the melone.

Thanks Reggie. I don't really have any info on it other than what's on the tag. And that says it's Canadian Suede finish. It was made in Canada, but is of fairly recent vintage I think. I might guess, and it's only a guess, that it was made in the 90s.

Thanks all,
Michael
Thank you, Michael.

Love it !! I would leave it on too.....
Thanks, Tim.

Did a little more steam work on the new Borsalino Pocket Hat
IMG_9730 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
with a bit different light
IMG_9733 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_9751 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Sometimes it's grey, some times it's taupe and some times it's olive.

IMG_9750 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
IMG_9748 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Still a ways to go, but it's getting closer.
IMG_9753 by Michael A2012, on Flickr
The tip tag is showing some wear, but says Quality Extra Superior. The paper label says Carla, Elefante, Bacosan. At least that's what I think it says.
12-22-2019 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Have a good day,
Michael
Whatever it is: it's the bees knees for certain, Michael. Carla is a known Borsalino colour and Bacosan is a known model, so that sounds about right.

Thought we were all done with the shopping, both food and gifts, and was planning on a nice relaxing day today working on some hats....
But no, the wife ran out of flour and sugar with all her baking so I have to brave the crowds. Taking the Portis Silver Beaver with me.

View attachment 201843

I HATE WALMART !!!!!!

View attachment 201844
Your enthousiasm shows! At least you have a fine hat to console you.

PanosChris

Practically Family
Thanks for the info. I have a Hemp Balmoral, but no felt Akubras yet. I like the fawn and would probably go with that. I wish they had the BGG or Moonstone in it. I bought my Balmoral from Everything Australian and would definitely use them again.

Thanks.
+1 on what Rodolfo said.

I just a got a few (campdrafts) and I love them. Unless a color is available only in the heritage line I would not hesitate to go for standard grade, minor differences IMO. I have some more on the way (CD and Fediv) and I am seriously considering a woomera (not sure if I can pull that off though :) )

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
It is a strange winter, at night it rains so much that the rivers have swelled a lot, during the day the sun comes up for a few hours and the temperature it is not so cold
Camere Barbisio 8.jpg

In the box of heather felt lot there are also short brims like this
Camere Barbisio 3.jpg

Barbisio Extra Quality size 60 or 7 1/2 US Made in the historica factory of Sagliano Micca
Camere Barbisio 4.jpg

The color of the felt is "Misto Cenere" with the "Ratiné" finish
Camere Barbisio 6.jpg

It came new with others from a closed shop in Genoa, it is a pity that most of the hats have more or less moths traces
Camere Barbisio 2.jpg

Have a nice Monday!
Thanks a lot for your likes of the passed week

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
It is a strange winter, at night it rains so much that the rivers have swelled a lot, during the day the sun comes up for a few hours and the temperature it is not so cold
View attachment 201987
In the box of heather felt lot there are also short brims like this
View attachment 201988
Barbisio Extra Quality size 60 or 7 1/2 US Made in the historica factory of Sagliano Micca
View attachment 201989
The color of the felt is "Misto Cenere" with the "Ratiné" finish
View attachment 201990
It came new with others from a closed shop in Genoa, it is a pity that most of the hats have more or less moths traces
View attachment 201991
Have a nice Monday!
Thanks a lot for your likes of the passed week
Very nice, Daniele. Reminds that I should wear my Barbisio ratiné more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points