Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Dig the Borsalino and your sweater collection Tim. Not sure “only in Texas” applies to that weather. I’m out checking the now receding waters from last night’s deluge of rain wearing a beater Adams. It’s raining again and starting to ice...

View attachment 205436

View attachment 205438

View attachment 205440

Thanks Bob. LOL, I guess you’re right about the ‘only in TX’ thing, that’s just something we say here, seems we have an awfully lot of 40 degree swings over one day around here.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Yesterday, BORSALINO Gorasgu
50d1f205162016477d9d869a7d17409d.jpg

Today, Knox premier
e7b637cd5ee6393f44cf20814e616caf.jpg

Panos

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Very nice Panos!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, Bowen. I think the operative word for me here is "muted". Some greens just have that "in your face" quality to them which I dislike. The Barbisio looks gorgeous and I would like to meet the person who did their shark gill bows and shake their hand!
Amen to the gills brother. I’ve only seen a handful of hats around here that approach such gill work.
The only reason i went off on the green thing description for you Stefan is because i worked for @29 years with a fellow who was green color blind. He became a very dear friend. I believe he saved my life several times at work by letting me lay down and rest during the period i was having my Cardiac acrobatics.
For many years i would ask him what “muted” gray shade he saw for this green and that.
B

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 205492 View attachment 205493 View attachment 205494
Hey Stefan:
As always your hat parade inspires. Especially the....to long a list!
I think asking a colorblind man what color green his hat is, is a bit of a trick question. Lol
So....let me tell you what color green your gorgeous Brummel’s is.
I never was a green hat guy since the USMC 47 years ago for obvious reasons until i spied a gorgeously hued Super Barbisio Chamois. I sweated that auction and prevailed. I liken the hue to a muted Olive Drab without the shine yet darker than a well worn field jacket. In other words it says, i ain’t a “boot” but i ain’t a “old salt” yet either.
You probably can’t see that color but it’s called perfect! I’ve never seen a better green. So there, that’s what color it is, the preferred color of the Corps.
Wearing it today.
Pics include some colors for contrast.
Be well. Bowen
That is just one super Super Barbisio, B. Ticks all my boxes.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot