Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Rumad

One Too Many
In my experience, it has been a hit or miss. I own a few of the modern Gun Club offerings and I really like them. They are a bit stiff, but they are what I call a hybrid western. I do like the modern day Strats and own a couple of them in Cordova and Walnut.

As to the OR's, I can't do a modern version, they are, to me, too stiff for my liking on an OR hat.

Personally, I like the vintage offerings better, but I can't complain about the modern versions I own.

I have heard the same concerns.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Thanks Héctor, I’ll take your word for it. Trying not to let this money burn right though my pocket though lol

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
I don't dress up at all, lol....When I retired I swore I would never wear a suit, tie, etc, other than for a wedding or a funeral.

Dressing up for me these days is a pair of jeans, a nice shirt or tshirt, sports coat of some sort, and a pair of low leather converse[emoji1]

For me it's almost the opposite. All week I wore carpenter jeans, work boots and T shirts, or flannel shirts and jackets made of cotton duck.
My wife worked commercial construction, for firms building schools and hospitals. It was Sunday, at church, or big deal fundraisers, rubbing elbows with Denver's elite movers and shakers, when I had the excuse to dress to the nines.
A suit doesn't have to be a uniform, though it might feel that way after enough repetition.
Brush those suits off, buy splendid ties, obtain a wide variety of pocket squares, then knock 'em dead! Remember how you felt in a suit when they let you wear long pants, old man.
LOL

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
For me it's almost the opposite. All week I wore carpenter jeans, work boots and T shirts, or flannel shirts and jackets made of cotton duck.
My wife worked commercial construction, for firms building schools and hospitals. It was Sunday, at church, or big deal fundraisers, rubbing elbows with Denver's elite movers and shakers, when I had the excuse to dress to the nines.
A suit doesn't have to be a uniform, though it might feel that way after enough repetition.
Brush those suits off, buy splendid ties, obtain a wide variety of pocket squares, then knock 'em dead! Remember how you felt in a suit when they let you wear long pants, old man.
LOL
I don't want to remember [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

But I do understand what you mean.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Thanks Héctor, I’ll take your word for it. Trying not to let this money burn right though my pocket though lol
I know what you mean[emoji1] I'm morphing into the custom area. I'm in the Gannon camp, because like when I used to wear those dreadful suits, I need to pick a hat maker than I'm happy with. He has been awesome to work with, especially long distance can be tricky, but he's great.

Hat and Rehat

Call Me a Cab
yeah I hear you. I’ve just been stuck on OR’s lately and found del monico is about 90 minutes drive from me. Taking the easy way out, I guess that’s right. I’d prefer vintage but my fairly fat head size isn’t as common as the smaller ones.
Fairly fat.
That's what I claim about my waistline.

Rumad

One Too Many
I know what you mean[emoji1] I'm morphing into the custom area. I'm in the Gannon camp, because like when I used to wear those dreadful suits, I need to pick a hat maker than I'm happy with. He has been awesome to work with, especially long distance can be tricky, but he's great.

I would probably already have a Gannon if I weren’t always loyal to a fault. I’d buy just about any vintage hat I like no problem, but once I found Art Fawcett, he made me a hat, and that was it. I thought he was the best therefore I used him for anything. Would have felt like cheating if I’d gone to someone else. Yeah. I’m an odd one. o_O

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks everybody for the likes and comments yesterday. Big storm rolling through today, so big hat needed! Modern Boss Raw Edge (see also: Nikki Lane and Joe Kwon in the Musician's Hats thread)

Most beautiful rain hat image ever J!!
Fantastic rain pattern.
Do not...i repeat...do not let Nick F. See that pic!!
Or better yet, send it to him then you can sue him. Just don’t tell him it’s rain!
B

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
I would probably already have a Gannon if I weren’t always loyal to a fault. I’d buy just about any vintage hat I like no problem, but once I found Art Fawcett, he made me a hat, and that was it. I thought he was the best therefore I used him for anything. Would have felt like cheating if I’d gone to someone else. Yeah. I’m an odd one. o_O
Oh no, I completely understand where are you coming from. Loyalty goes a long way.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
A thing of beauty, Panos! You wear it well!

Adam Homburg
3ab387c002630af1bc7939711e7f6712.jpg
5e1d4c49f2f60904091534916f6bb2ee.jpg

Panos

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
You just need a gray homburg, Hector, they go with anything!

I don't dress up at all, lol....When I retired I swore I would never wear a suit, tie, etc, other than for a wedding or a funeral.

Dressing up for me these days is a pair of jeans, a nice shirt or tshirt, sports coat of some sort, and a pair of low leather converse[emoji1]

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
All I'll say is give Gannon a try. You won't be disappointed and Art won't hold it against you!

J Williams

Practically Family
Art is recently retired, so I think that’s the best bet brother. I like Gannon's work too.

If memory serves Michael worked with Art some as well. I have one Gannon and plan on another - his craftsmanship and service are impeccable. I strongly suggest reading through his thread on here. I read through it and was on his wait list the following day.

I unfortunately missed the boat on a VS custom as he had stopped taking orders before I joined the lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
If memory serves Michael worked with Art some as well. I have one Gannon and plan on another - his craftsmanship and service are impeccable. I strongly suggest reading through his thread on here. I read through it and was on his wait list the following day.

I unfortunately missed the boat on a VS custom as he had stopped taking orders before I joined the lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For me Michael is what Art was for those who became his loyal customers. He's the one of my time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk