Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Mele Kalikimaka

Shaka Santa Tutu Mele Masked Dec 1 C.jpg

I apologize for the poor photos. Funkytown is gloomy, though we did get some white stuff for Christmas. They say "the sun'll come out tomorrow, tomorrow," but we shall see.

My new Christmas hat. I saw this at the local vintage shop awhile back, but held off because it was a little pricey and a 7 1/8. But then I thought about it, and went back, but they were closed for several days (turns out the guy running it was self-quarantining out of caution). Then, a Christmas miracle!

Because I had purchased some gift cards earlier this year to support my local businesses, the Downtown Dayton Partnership gave me a complimentary $15 gift card. Not to look askance at such a sign from the hat gods, the store was open when I next went by.

IMG_20201225_160947653_compress26.jpg
IMG_20201225_160952163_compress50.jpg
IMG_20201225_160957247_compress88.jpg
IMG_20201225_161608568_compress19.jpg

Mid- to late-50s 3X Suede Finish. Very deep dark brown with self-felted ribbon. Very pettable and creases if you look at it sternly.

Thanks, Santa, and Merry Christmas everybody!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Jim, how in the world could you walk away from that one?

We've all been there though, and thank our lucky hat stars that the one we walked away from is still there.

Congrats on the luck and a very merry Christmas to you and yours :)

I apologize for the poor photos. Funkytown is gloomy, though we did get some white stuff for Christmas. They say "the sun'll come out tomorrow, tomorrow," but we shall see.

My new Christmas hat. I saw this at the local vintage shop awhile back, but held off because it was a little pricey and a 7 1/8. But then I thought about it, and went back, but they were closed for several days (turns out the guy running it was self-quarantining out of caution). Then, a Christmas miracle!

Because I had purchased some gift cards earlier this year to support my local businesses, the Downtown Dayton Partnership gave me a complimentary $15 gift card. Not to look askance at such a sign from the hat gods, the store was open when I next went by.

View attachment 294874 View attachment 294873 View attachment 294872 View attachment 294871

Mid- to late-50s 3X Suede Finish. Very deep dark brown with self-felted ribbon. Very pettable and creases if you look at it sternly.

Thanks, Santa, and Merry Christmas everybody!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
That is a beautiful photo, Brent.

A very merry Christmas to you and your family. Here's hoping we can be together with our loved ones this time next year.

No hat today, but I too wanted to wish everyone a merry Christmas.

My daughter was unable to join us for Christmas this year do to Covid, but shared this photo of her first Christmas in 1995:

View attachment 294889

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thank you! 513.721.9345. Tell Mr. Miller, "Bone felt with a copper ribbon.". Tell him I sent you.
Thanks for that, I will make contact in the new year. For Christmas day I chose another of Esther's hats to top off my new shirt, courtesy of Santa, via Tina's sewing cabin. She made the baggy trousers too.
It's been strange to spend Christmas with just the two of us, had lots of text messages though and Tina prepared a wonderful Christmas meal. We had lamb ribs, prepared and presented by the butcher, as a guard of honour.
Christmas 2020 woody shirt 002.JPG Christmas 2020 woody shirt 003.JPG

guard-of-honour2.jpg
We hope that you have all had a joyful and peaceful Christmas.

Jim, how in the world could you walk away from that one?

We've all been there though, and thank our lucky hat stars that the one we walked away from is still there.

Congrats on the luck and a very merry Christmas to you and yours :)

Thank you and Merry Christmas, Stefan.

Thanks for that, I will make contact in the new year. For Christmas day I chose another of Esther's hats to top off my new shirt, courtesy of Santa, via Tina's sewing cabin. She made the baggy trousers too.
It's been strange to spend Christmas with just the two of us, had lots of text messages though and Tina prepared a wonderful Christmas meal. We had lamb ribs, prepared and presented by the butcher, as a guard of honour.
View attachment 294896 View attachment 294897

View attachment 294898
We hope that you have all had a joyful and peaceful Christmas.

Don't wait too long, he's no spring chicken! But then, neither are we.

Merry Christmas.

Joe, please don't tell me the stingy series is over. It's been truly inspirational. I've sported short brims that haven't had the head time they've so deserved.

I said to Randy, lets make 2021 the year of the Bowler, I think we should make the stingy part of the deal.

A very merry Christmas to you and your family, FL friend.
Seemed like a good point for me to wrap it up... though I could have gone on much longer. But far be it for me to be the arbiter of when to wear stingies or not.

I’m sure I can speak for @Redfokker we are grateful to you all that joined us in our stingy cheer!

and any day is as good as any to Embrace the Stingy!

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well Steve!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ