Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pellie

One Too Many
Fleur of Penumbra hats, has send me the reblocked Hufvud. I'm very satisfying with it.... :)
20211115_175943.jpg
20211115_175955.jpg

Don’t I know it. And you guys never leave me in any doubt about who’s looking better!:confused:
But she doesn’t own much in the way of typical Fedora-type hats. I do keep encouraging her on that front, but she’s not so confident in that style. She tends to prefer cloches or Casa Blanca(?) hats…mushroom hats?…like a kettle brim, but with the brim turned down rather than up. I’m still getting to know the women’s hat styles and what they’re called.

Thanks for the pictures. That second hat, in particular, is quite spectacular. Etsuko was also impressed. We’ll certainly keep you in mind next time Etsuko’s looking for something.
If she sees a picture of a hat he likes but cannot find in a shop tell her to let me know and I can advise her if I am able to replicate it for her.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Don’t I know it. And you guys never leave me in any doubt about who’s looking better!:confused:
But she doesn’t own much in the way of typical Fedora-type hats. I do keep encouraging her on that front, but she’s not so confident in that style. She tends to prefer cloches or Casa Blanca(?) hats…mushroom hats?…like a kettle brim, but with the brim turned down rather than up. I’m still getting to know the women’s hat styles and what they’re called.

If it's any help for Etsuko, the Fedora was originally a lady's hat. They became popular among women after Sarah Bernhardt, one of the most adored actresses of her day, wore a similar type hat while playing the title character, Fédora, in a French play from the early 1880s. They only became popular among men during the next century.

Apart from Humphrey Bogart, no one looks better in a Fedora than a women :)

The Shoe

One Too Many
If she sees a picture of a hat he likes but cannot find in a shop tell her to let me know and I can advise her if I am able to replicate it for her.
Thanks. We might do that. The Maxim hats that she has plenty of are fur felt, but the cloches she ordered recently are wool. It seems difficult to find much in the way of fur felt cloches.

Thanks. We might do that. The Maxim hats that she has plenty of are fur felt, but the cloches she ordered recently are wool. It seems difficult to find much in the way of fur felt cloches.
I have a few in stock and I have a number of sources both in the US and from Europe. Women's hats/millinery does tend towards cheaper throw away 'fashion' but there are sources for good felts at fair prices....mostly rabbit. Wool blanks for cloche hats are very cheap to buy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ