Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Felicitations on this early evening. I was challenged by my wife and our Thanksgiving guests to wear one hat all day. Thanksgiving found me dodging between groups. I found my role as host involved moving food, beverages and being social to the inside and outside groups. My hats stimulated interest. As you can imagine I changed hats. ;) My wife prompted a chorus of voices encouraging me to wear one hat all day. I chuckled with the uneeded attention and reluctantly said I would try. My friend then made it serious, he triple dog dared me. A triple dog dare! OK, game on.

I have today off and chose a Gannon Playboy (inspired by Stetson hat of said name in bluemist beaver felt).

"Now it was serious."

So far, so good.

i-pxpPmmp-M.jpg

i-xvDxVbQ-M.jpg

i-qHXfsD7-M.jpg

i-LXQmpJP-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
Not the dreaded Triple Dog Dare!

Thanks, Joe. You should have seen this hat when I first got it. The crown was so tall you would have thought I was the cat in the hat. I had to smash its top down a long way just to get it to look like a standard high crown fedora. LOL
Gives the crown a great blocky look this way. I have a hat I have to do the same. If not it gives me Abe Lincoln vibes.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Well, in Northern Italy, we are in winter. Tonight the temperature dropped below 0 degrees C. on a clear night.
Corteccia B.jpg
The sun and the cold greeted us this morning as I took these photos.
Corteccia 4B.jpg
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore, the color of the felt is "Corteccia - Cortex", no indication on the color or material of thee ribbon.
Corteccia 3.jpg
It comes directly from the Sixties and is new, size 6 or 59 cm. 7 3/8 US
Corteccia 4A.jpg

The felt is very malleable and the finish, as you can see from the photo taken above the crown, is slightly hairy.
We inaugurate with this Borsalino the brown-green hats in its immense variations.
Corteccia 1.jpg

I wish you all a happy Monday

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning.

Dare was won! One hat all day yesterday. I did chores, went for a long walkabout, 2 dog walks, cleaned up fire pit and cut some branches up. The hat with all the work my hat sweat needed to dry, have a small bit of leather conditioner added and a strong brushing. The brushing was from getting knocked on the ground, from tree branches, and brushing up next to the auto door seals. The brushing removed the soil (I could see). I am the winner! Ha, no triple dog dare can keep me from winning such an audacious task.

Tongue in cheek rant over - for this morning's dog soire I wore a Stetson Scoop. A stingy brimed 2.25" (5.715 cm) over welted hat. It is a silver gray hat (cool hue) that has terrificly maleable felt. The overwelt makes the brim stiff. I have seen advertising pics of this hat and it was worn brim down. I wear it as advertised. Just a fun and minty hat to wear.

i-n87wwMT-M.jpg

i-dtw7dbx-M.jpg

i-RqST8x6-M.jpg

i-2FG6Sp7-M.jpg

i-Tp5sqBD-M.jpg

A walkabout with a cup of coffee found me changing to a pre-40's Kensington. This "Super Fine Quality" hat was made in Brockville, Canada. The accurate light blue felt hue can be seen in the under brim pic.

i-vMThG3S-M.jpg

i-GMWdmq9-M.jpg

i-8CLLXQk-M.jpg

i-4cDwX39-M.jpg

i-9CwMm3F-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Good morning.

Dare was won! One hat all day yesterday. I did chores, went for a long walkabout, 2 dog walks, cleaned up fire pit and cut some branches up. The hat with all the work my hat sweat needed to dry, have a small bit of leather conditioner added and a strong brushing. The brushing was from getting knocked on the ground, from tree branches, and brushing up next to the auto door seals. The brushing removed the soil (I could see). I am the winner! Ha, no triple dog dare can keep me from winning such an audacious task.

Tongue in cheek rant over - for this morning's dog soire I wore a Stetson Scoop. A stingy brimed 2.25" (5.715 cm) over welted hat. It is a silver gray hat (cool hue) that has terrificly maleable felt. The overwelt makes the brim stiff. I have seen advertising pics of this hat and it was worn brim down. I wear it as advertised. Just a fun and minty hat to wear.

i-n87wwMT-M.jpg

i-dtw7dbx-M.jpg

i-RqST8x6-M.jpg

i-2FG6Sp7-M.jpg

i-Tp5sqBD-M.jpg

A walkabout with a cup of coffee found me changing to a pre-40's Kensington. This "Super Fine Quality" hat was made in Brockville, Canada. The accurate light blue felt hue can be seen in the under brim pic.

i-vMThG3S-M.jpg

i-GMWdmq9-M.jpg

i-8CLLXQk-M.jpg

i-4cDwX39-M.jpg

i-9CwMm3F-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -
The Scoop a very cool little hat. Congrats on winning the Triple Dog Dare

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

PanosChris

Practically Family

Forum statistics