Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Today in Verona is the feast of young and old. It is Santa Lucia who brought the gifts on the magical night. The tradition worked again this year and for my daughter the "plate" of Santa Lucia arrived via photography :)
Bantam 7.jpg

For me, the gift came from Panos a few days ago from Norway. A magnificent night blue velour Bantam
Bantam 4 (2).jpg

The Bantam brand is owned on this side of the Atlantic by the Cappellificio Cervo, but the hat, despite the brand, seems to be made in Germany or Austria
Bantam A.jpg
Beautiful and the shape is that of a hat from before the Second World War.
Bantam 5 (2).jpg

However, the puzzle is not solved...
Bantam 2.jpg

Thanks to Panos who performed the task of Saint Lucia ;)

PanosChris

Practically Family
Today in Verona is the feast of young and old. It is Santa Lucia who brought the gifts on the magical night. The tradition worked again this year and for my daughter the "plate" of Santa Lucia arrived via photography :)
View attachment 387330
For me, the gift came from Panos a few days ago from Norway. A magnificent night blue velour Bantam
View attachment 387331
The Bantam brand is owned on this side of the Atlantic by the Cappellificio Cervo, but the hat, despite the brand, seems to be made in Germany or Austria
View attachment 387333
View attachment 387334
View attachment 387335
Daniele, nice to see it in action!
Even that is not reflected on the amount of hats you've got from the cold North, I can confirm that you have been a fantastic boy this year. Also it seems it was quite a productive and multi-tasking year for me; in addition to my things I have performed some of the tasks of Claus and St. Lucia...? ;)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 387330
View attachment 387331
View attachment 387333
View attachment 387334
View attachment 387335

Nice velour Bantam, Daniele. There's nothing FL members like better than a puzzle :)

@PanosChris has certainly been extra busy this year. I'm thinking of moving further north. There seems to be a much deeper and richer hat-mine in Norway than in Denmark.

Santa Lucia Day is also celebrated in Scandinavia. The attached YouTube link shows what goes on all over Danmark. My youngest daughter was proud to be Lucia this year. That's not her in the photo btw.

Lucia-optog, DR byen 2012 - YouTube

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Santa Lucia Day is also celebrated in Scandinavia. The attached YouTube link shows what goes on all over Danmark. My youngest daughter was proud to be Lucia this year. That's not her in the photo btw.
Santa Lucia is a feast only in Verona and Catania where this saint is popular. Deep north and deep south for the same Lucia:)
What is weird in the video you sent me about the Santa Lucia cult in Denmark is that the young girls sing a Napolitean song

In solidarity with my shorter brim loving friend @Redfokker Michael Dicianna, last year we decided to start the new holiday tradition of StingyMas…. A celebration of beautiful stingy brim hats that… too.. were made with quality and style like their larger brimmed brothers… To spread stingy brim cheer to all the good boys and girls of Fedora Lounge Land.

So with that I present…

The Eleven Days of StingyMas

Why eleven… instead of.. oh say… twelve? Because eleven is STINGIER than twelve.

I will kick off the celebration with my always at the ready Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe XXXXX

CD46D615-3434-4776-A0EE-59115A4FFF07.jpeg
E9D856E5-CE58-4CF9-A723-02660A1427E7.jpeg
03EAD1EF-8FB6-471F-9443-143A97F7CD20.jpeg
332C66BD-3561-4B7C-9154-F798C93BC3E0.jpeg

MERRY STINGYMAS!!

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Santa Lucia is a feast only in Verona and Catania where this saint is popular. Deep north and deep south for the same Lucia:)
What is weird in the video you sent me about the Santa Lucia cult in Denmark is that the young girls sing a Napolitean song

Interesting, Daniele. Not weird in Danmark though, nor is it a cult. Just a tradition. Like most traditions, its origins are lost in time :)

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
In solidarity with my shorter brim loving friend @Redfokker Michael Dicianna, last year we decided to start the new holiday tradition of StingyMas…. A celebration of beautiful stingy brim hats that… too.. were made with quality and style like their larger brimmed brothers… To spread stingy brim cheer to all the good boys and girls of Fedora Lounge Land.

So with that I present…

The Eleven Days of StingyMas

Why eleven… instead of.. oh say… twelve? Because eleven is STINGIER than twelve.

I will kick off the celebration with my always at the ready Borsalino Marque Grand Luxe XXXXX

View attachment 387473 View attachment 387474 View attachment 387475 View attachment 387476

MERRY STINGYMAS!!

I'd forgotten about Stingymas. Have a happy one Joe :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points