Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

The Shoe

One Too Many
The Emperor celebrated his birthday today, so I got the day off. Etsuko still had to work, so I was on driving duties to and from work. I wore my unknown maker Véritable Feutre de Poil that came to me from @Daniele Tanto (and Penumbra).
492A7826-0866-49BE-8021-A9C5A0F79B96.jpeg
E26391C0-02ED-41EC-9234-21E84B94D94D.jpeg
465D1802-54D9-4D1A-B5D7-C9BE2932B0FB.jpeg

CC75A628-13F2-402B-8536-43D3FD8630D8.jpeg

Later, I was outside cooking pizza in my Snowy River.
05FCB752-22F4-4EF2-A020-DD3DC063AC8D.jpeg

The view from my place with no hat.
0EDB26D9-B5E7-40A0-9A38-96A4D8E93403.jpeg

Last edited:

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
In the meantime, thank you for your kindness towards the Barbisio.
Mayser A1.jpg
Today a hat from Germany, made in the 75th since the founding of Mayser.
Mayser 3.jpg
Gray and tone on tone is a constant this week.
Mayser 4.jpg
Very well-made hat with a very nice felt that keeps its shape even if "battered"
Mayser A.jpg
For any consideration on its production, given the intricate history of Mayser, Steve will be able to give you all the details.
Mayser 1.jpg

I just wear it on a beautiful sunny day in late February with the Carnival coming up
Have a nice day

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Here's another '50s era 3X Beaver, Last Drop Embroidered liner, Western that I previously converted but tore down and reworked again. I used a hat block from another supplier and I wasn't happy with the profile and with the way it turned out, especially with the 5 1/4 open crown I originally managed out of it. This time around I reworked it on my Randall Alan block and increased the open crown height to 5 5/8, which is fairly tall for a fedora and much better than 5 1/4. I originally had a thin brim binding sewn on but the color didn't match up to the hat. It came off of a trashed Silver Belly OR. This hat is more of a Silver grayish color. I took it back off and closed up the stitch holes and it will be raw edge until I can find a matching ribbon for it. Anyway, here's the hat reworked again:

Before, at a too small size 7:
Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-10.jpg

Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-11.jpg

Most recent conversion. Blocked up to a vertical sided 7 1/4 LO thin ribbon. Ribbon and bow work was scavanged from another hat. As creased, it's 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 in the back, and is creased to my preferred Tear Drop. The brim is 2 3/4 wide. It shows some slight fading from age:

3-X-Last-Drop-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-3-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-5-A.jpg

Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-9-A.jpg

Thin-Ribbon-3-X-Stetson-8-A.jpg

On the head:
3-X-Last-Drop-2-A.jpg

Here's another '50s era 3X Beaver, Last Drop Embroidered liner, Western that I previously converted but tore down and reworked again. I used a hat block from another supplier and I wasn't happy with the profile and with the way it turned out, especially with the 5 1/4 open crown I originally managed out of it. This time around I reworked it on my Randall Alan block and increased the open crown height to 5 5/8, which is fairly tall for a fedora and much better than 5 1/4. I originally had a thin brim binding sewn on but the color didn't match up to the hat. It came off of a trashed Silver Belly OR. This hat is more of a Silver grayish color. I took it back off and closed up the stitch holes and it will be raw edge until I can find a matching ribbon for it. Anyway, here's the hat reworked again:

Most recent conversion. Blocked up to a vertical sided 7 1/4 LO thin ribbon. Ribbon and bow work was scavanged from another hat. As creased, it's 4 3/4 at the pinch with a rake sloping to 4 1/4 in the back, and is creased to my preferred Tear Drop. The brim is 2 3/4 wide. It shows some slight fading from age:

3-X-Last-Drop-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-3-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-5-A.jpg

On the head:
3-X-Last-Drop-2-A.jpg
Another fabulous job Terry

3-X-Last-Drop-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-3-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-5-A.jpg

On the head:
3-X-Last-Drop-2-A.jpg

Your work always amazes me, Terry. I agree that the 5 5/8” crown is a better look.

Qrowin

Familiar Face
Been working on reshaping my Campdraft. I tried to fix the brim so that it was mostly even all the way around, however I discovered that it was my head shape causing the distortion since the hat shrunk. I can't get it to look good with the brim snapped down, but I actually find I like it with this crown shape as is.
PXL_20220223_183335608.MP~2.jpg PXL_20220223_183332599.MP~2.jpg PXL_20220223_183341831.MP~2.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

3-X-Last-Drop-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-3-A.jpg

3-X-Last-Drop-5-A.jpg

On the head:
3-X-Last-Drop-2-A.jpg
You just keep on wowing us with your work, Terry. Do you realise how long the queue is to get hold of an original T.Jones conversion?
There are more than a few of us that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto