Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
84593FDE-27B3-4C6C-A8E4-2A3F34DC18F3.jpeg
New to me Knox FoxHound in two tone ribbon. Thing’s near mint!
Interestingly the binding is two different colors sewn together using a blind stitch to apply on top and a regular stitch underneath. Impressive execution.
Looks like something Art would’ve done if he was working for Knox in the mid/late 50s.

A new favorite!
E0CA4FB3-6EA6-4522-A257-37FCC0F5C05D.jpeg
83133E7D-293D-4914-8CC3-5C484CD15623.jpeg
15A1A34E-3045-4BAE-A77B-98A0CE4E1FD9.jpeg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 423173 New to me Knox FoxHound in two tone ribbon. Thing’s near mint!
Interestingly the binding is two different colors sewn together using a blind stitch to apply on top and a regular stitch underneath. Impressive execution.
Looks like something Art would’ve done if he was working for Knox in the mid/late 50s.

A new favorite!
View attachment 423172 View attachment 423174 View attachment 423175

Love the details on this hat, Randall. I’ve never seen one like it.

Randall Renshaw

Call Me a Cab
Love the details on this hat, Randall. I’ve never seen one like it.
Thanks, Brent
Me either, and if you haven’t then that must mean it is truly rare.
When the second to the last day of my life on earth comes I’ll sell it on eBay and in the description I’ll say, “This is truly a rare fedora because Brent says he’s never seen one!” It’ll sell for top dollar with that endorsement.
Or, at least it should.
(NO sarcasm here, Brent. :) —private harmless joke)

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Dog sitting for my daughter. This is Pixie. The hat I'm wearing is one of my conversions. It started out as a 10X Thorougbred Western, but I converted it to a two ply thin ribbon fedora with a tall straight crown and a 2 3/4 brim width. The pictures with me wearing the hat is its actual color...

Thorobred-Pixie-1-A.jpg

Thorobred-Pixie-3-A.jpg

1651758649704.jpg

1651758768010.jpg

1651758878584.jpg

Widely regarded as the first Rock and Roll song, "Rocket 88", 1951...

Although, others argue that there were earlier songs that could also be considered the first of Rock and Roll...

"Rock Awhile", 1949

"Rock This Joint", 1949

Mighty44

One Too Many
Dog sitting for my daughter. This is Pixie. The hat I'm wearing is one of my conversions. It started out as a 10X Thorougbred Western, but I converted it to a two ply thin ribbon fedora with a tall straight crown and a 2 3/4 brim width. The pictures with me wearing the hat is its actual color...

Thorobred-Pixie-1-A.jpg

Thorobred-Pixie-3-A.jpg

1651758649704.jpg

1651758768010.jpg

1651758878584.jpg

Widely regarded as the first Rock and Roll song, "Rocket 88", 1951...

Although, others argue that there were earlier songs that could also be considered the first of Rock and Roll...

"Rock Awhile", 1949

"Rock This Joint", 1949
Beautiful work, Terry!

Have you listened at all the the podcast A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs? It is a pretty massive undertaking and my wife and I tend to just skip around but there is a lot of interesting information and stories.

David

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful work, Terry!

Have you listened at all the the podcast A History of Rock Music in 500 Songs? It is a pretty massive undertaking and my wife and I tend to just skip around but there is a lot of interesting information and stories.

David

Thank you David. I haven't seen that one. I checked out that link. I'm going to try and listen to some of that. I like the real early Rock and Roll, and mostly Rock a Billy. I love the history on that stuff. Here's a guy that's been doing a historical documentary on the early days of rock, on YouTube. This one's also informative. It comes in a few segments....

Mighty44

One Too Many
Awesome in
Thank you David. I haven't seen that one. I checked out that link. I'm going to try and listen to some of that. I like the real early Rock and Roll, and mostly Rock a Billy. I love the history on that stuff. Here's a guy that's been doing a historical documentary on the early days of rock, on YouTube. This one's also informative. It comes in a few segments....

Nice—I will check it out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ