Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Popeye Doyle

New in Town
Akubra Rough Rider
3DAA213E-DFC0-4C62-8D7F-9588C62EA084.jpeg

This Mallory XV has that phrase Renowned Since 1817 at bottom of the hat liner, like I've been writing about, and thinking it's just after the Stetson takeover. The overwelt brim edge is also similar to 2 of my hats from this period.

This may be my only Mallory with that logo. I've always seen it as a solid 50s hat and would be surprised to find out otherwise. BTW, it's a Cavanagh, not overwelt, edge.

MikeinRome

Practically Family
This may be my only Mallory with that logo. I've always seen it as a solid 50s hat and would be surprised to find out otherwise. BTW, it's a Cavanagh, not overwelt, edge.
That's exactly why I've taken the time to write about Mallorys with that Renowned Since 1823 or 1817 phrase, which I think was only used for a relatively short time before and after the 1946 Stetson takeover. I think you only have 1 hat with that phrase because it wasn't used for long. Aside from that, perhaps I should have used the term Cavanagh instead of overwelt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko