Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Pellie

One Too Many
Cervo super Bantam.
20220922_162247.jpg
20220922_162305.jpg

A2789C8B-CDCE-4385-991E-B2C14F17E876.jpeg

J.C. Penney Co - Marathon Hats
Midnight Blue-Black/Grey Heather
4 5/8 crown as a shaped (Approx 6 open)
1 3/4 grosgrain ribbon
2 1/8 brim with raw edge

Here is the first of two J.C. Penney Co Marathon Hats. I wasn’t too sure what to expect from the seller photos on this one. Wasn’t sure if it was black and very dusty or a heather felt. Turns out it is a beautiful deep dark midnight blue/black heather. Very hard to get a true representation of the color in photos. Maybe the under brim inside hat shot might be closest to true color. The felt is super soft and will shape any way you want even in the brim which really seems to prefer this little curl but looks great down as well. I do not know the age of this hat. I would say it is at least as old as 1940s.. but it does have a bit more of 1930s styling with its shorter brim and big boxy crown.

6D375C39-EEEB-456D-BB15-3FEC7D03CF34.jpeg
B2D032AF-44D5-4DC4-82EC-1821D86FD5E3.jpeg
5E50273B-3BFF-4BAD-A761-D4DEFAB83E3C.jpeg
21116FBE-4E03-454F-9D71-5F76B143314B.jpeg

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 452892

1 3/4 grosgrain ribbon
2 1/8 brim with raw edge

Here is the first of two J.C. Penney Co Marathon Hats. I wasn’t too sure what to expect from the seller photos on this one. Wasn’t sure if it was black and very dusty or a heather felt. Turns out it is a beautiful deep dark midnight blue/black heather. Very hard to get a true representation of the color in photos. Maybe the under brim inside hat shot might be closest to true color. The felt is super soft and will shape any way you want even in the brim which really seems to prefer this little curl but looks great down as well. I do not know the age of this hat. I would say it is at least as old as 1940s.. but it does have a bit more of 1930s styling with its shorter brim and big boxy crown.

View attachment 452893 View attachment 452894 View attachment 452895 View attachment 452896
Very nice Joe.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Great shade of green, you wear it well. Green is my choice today too. Given my oversized cranium I tend to go for bespoke, that's hat language for, made to measure. The green in my hat is more prominent than pictured, I really should use the camera instead of the phone.
My wife made the shirt and trousers, the ladies at Gamble & Gunn made the hat, whilst Colin, of Colin Johnston Shoes, made the spectators.
Like the hat, the colour green on the shoes is lost to the phone's camera.
View attachment 446057 View attachment 446058 View attachment 446060
Green hat, pants and shirt 003.JPG

Going back over some previous posts I saw the "green" outfit and thought, I'm going to wear that to work today. The reaction has been amazing, from surprise to complimentary, but when one of the ladies said: "I can't believe that a green hat could have such a great appearance." I just had to say: "Well thank you kind lady."

But I must admit the trousers and shirt that Tina made garnered more than a few compliments, to which she replied, when told: "Aw shucks!" You probably know that the hat is bespoke, as is the rest of my attire.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sharp coat and hat combo.

+1 to cool weather. The Batsakes felt and ribbon combo make it a classy hat.

Persistent Covid fain brog keeps me from remembering the color name of this Art-Lite felt favorite. It’s a regular in the rotation, and the patina is showing. Recently, the finishing touches to the bash were put in by my dog napping on it for several hours while we drove home.

View attachment 452882 View attachment 452881

Fog or not you pull the Charlie look off well. ;) Good to hear you are improving sir. Cheers!

View attachment 452892

1 3/4 grosgrain ribbon
2 1/8 brim with raw edge

View attachment 452893 View attachment 452894 View attachment 452895 View attachment 452896

Joe the Marathon's heathered felt is something I have not seen before. Congrat's sir. Grand hat.

View attachment 452925
Going back over some previous posts I saw the "green" outfit and thought, I'm going to wear that to work today. The reaction has been amazing, from surprise to complimentary, but when one of the ladies said: "I can't believe that a green hat could have such a great appearance." I just gad to say: "Well thank you kind lady."

But I must admit the trousers and shirt that Tina made garnered more than a few compliments, to which she replied, when told: "Aw shucks!" You probably know that the hat is bespoke, as is the rest of my attire.

Green attire matters! I say sharp.

Flat brim or cap you are "well heeled "in your pics. Thanks for sharing.

Perry; I see the differences in the hats and that it must be "casual Friday." Cheers Perry.

First signs of felt here in Japan.
View attachment 452957
Akubra Snowy River.

Good to see and hear you personally have weathered the terrible weather of late. The Akubra brim adds and really frams your pic. Cheers.

Thanks to all posters. Best wishes, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thank you Eric. When I pulled it out of the box I thought this looks like a special one.

Your Playboy today caught my eye.. you can really recognize them at first glance.
Agreed, the Stetson Playboy has a distinctive appearance. Today's example is distinctive in other ways. I grabbed a pic of me wearing the hat and then took it off to grab a shot of the exterior and interior and noticed the distinctive crease. My crease had been significantly altered when I was unsuccessful at ducking some branches during my walkabout. Bumps and creases were acquired "naturally." Good thing I was wearing my hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff