Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
20220925_150825.jpg

Another 90 degree day here today.

This one is a Summit Hat Company of Houston Guatemalan palm.
20220925_152025.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wore my trusty Stetson Premier for a weekend in Copenhagen. Finally managed to take some photos on the way back home to Elsinore this evening.

This light at the station nicely catches the colour of the hat:

View attachment 453560

This one catches the green of the ribbon:

View attachment 453561

Felt season is definitely upon us at last.
Fabulous hat and brilliant coloring.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
First of all it is my duty to greet and congratulate all the loungers who have kept alive the thread dedicated to hats worn daily. They have been deserving for continuing in their daily work. Thanks and bravi.
Bor Marron 5.jpg
Today, after the start of yesterday, it is the turn of another hat recently arrived in my collection.
Bor Marron 1.jpg
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore, French size 6 1/2 or 60 cm. o 7 1/2 in the USA
Bor Marron 2.jpg
Sold in Merano by "Matthias Hutter" of which I have a large representation in my collection.
Bor Marron 8.jpg
The color of the felt is "Caffè - Coffee" and the finish leaves a light fur on display. The ribbon is in the same color as the felt of the hat. Very well preserved, it has a special feeling for the early autumn period.
Happy Monday to you all.

Well, I'm back, "he said". Made it back from Italy and here are the pics for this thread. Mostly the same two hats, but in different locations.

Penumbra in Nassereith Austria View attachment 453371

Penumbra in Barbarano Vicentino
View attachment 453372

Genuine Panama in Marostica
View attachment 453373

Genuine panama in Montagnana
View attachment 453374

Genuine panama in Vicenza
View attachment 453375 View attachment 453376

Penumbra in Verona
View attachment 453377
View attachment 453378

Genuine panama in Sirmione
View attachment 453379

Genuine panama in Venezia/Venice View attachment 453380

Some more touristy snaps in the hats abroad thread.
Some wonderful hats on display here the past couple of weeks. Too many to comment on, but glad to see the high standard firmly in place.
Beautiful hats in wonderful locations…. Or vice versa.

Black hats matter! I am pleased to be able to showcase a 30's Dobbs I recieved from Brent. Thanks Brent it is truly a grand hat!

The black felted Dobbs, Leisure Light fedora. The 30's ribbon work is dynamite. What is not to like about the oldster frayed ribbon. Seriousely, the brim edge is tops!

i-kSwh9Ts-M.jpg

i-RdbTRrN-M.jpg

i-n2gQD9J-M.jpg

i-g79NFxW-M.jpg

i-FVvLMBw-M.jpg

i-TP7RWXZ-M.jpg

This Dobbs Leisure Light is indeed a light weight felt. Takes a crease, easily makes another and yet holds. It has all the desirable characteristics of felt, IMO. Black hats matter!

Thanks again Brent.

I did an errand and a couple of yard tasks in a cap.

i-MX2hv3M-M.jpg

Teaser; Brent did procure and provide me a hat I have never handled before. My first Stetson 100x. I have had the 100X in a white gas bath this morning and it is headed off for some spot cleaning and steam. Cool beans! More to come.

i-NJPdrw2-M.jpg

(The hat above spent 15 minutes in a Coleman White Gas bath being brushed with an old toothbrush. The silverbelly felt saturated with white gas is drying on a post. It appears gray but it will air dry within an hour. After the hour it will have no residual fuels smell. More spot cleaning and steam is in it's future today.)

I tip the brim of my hat in Brent's direction this morning.

Cheers to all, Eric -
PERFECT landing spot for this old beauty. I am glad you and Brent were able to work this out. Can’t think of a better caretaker for this one. Oh the adventures it will get to go on!

Wore my trusty Stetson Premier for a weekend in Copenhagen. Finally managed to take some photos on the way back home to Elsinore this evening.

This light at the station nicely catches the colour of the hat:

View attachment 453560

This one catches the green of the ribbon:

View attachment 453561

Felt season is definitely upon us at last.
Wow.. amazing that is same hat and jacket. While I love the colors in the top one…. I can’t help but think that photo is giving off serious noir vibes

0374923B-D42B-4833-8044-3F16DE09CEA3.jpeg

First of all it is my duty to greet and congratulate all the loungers who have kept alive the thread dedicated to hats worn daily. They have been deserving for continuing in their daily work. Thanks and bravi.
View attachment 453669
Today, after the start of yesterday, it is the turn of another hat recently arrived in my collection.
View attachment 453670
Borsalino Qualità Extra Superiore, French size 6 1/2 or 60 cm. o 7 1/2 in the USA
View attachment 453671
Sold in Merano by "Matthias Hutter" of which I have a large representation in my collection.
View attachment 453672
The color of the felt is "Caffè - Coffee" and the finish leaves a light fur on display. The ribbon is in the same color as the felt of the hat. Very well preserved, it has a special feeling for the early autumn period.
Happy Monday to you all.
Perfect autumn hat, Daniele. Lovely finish and colour.

Beautiful hats in wonderful locations…. Or vice versa.
Thank you, Joe!
Nice! I like the shape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ