Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Finally made it up to northern Vermont to inspect and monitor the display of fall foliage color. I really was lucky to grow up around here. Now I struggle to be here for the change.
Black Sheep Hat Works. Note his special touch “hanger-upper-thingy” to keep the hat safe.
View attachment 456091 View attachment 456092 View attachment 456093 View attachment 456094 View attachment 456095 View attachment 456096 View attachment 456097 View attachment 456098
Wonderful images, Charlie. Sinatra's Autumn in Vermont came to my mind looking at those foliage colours.
Your Black Sheep Hat Works hat pays many a homage to the hats of yore. The hangy up thingy being just one of them.
Love it!

Thanks! And yes I was hoping somebody would chime in about the decade. I’m definitely not 100% certain about that. I saw the size tag and it looked like the late 50s to me. The liner is some kind of mesh that I’m guessing was probably added later. Whatever the case I like it because it’s a little cooler In these warmer fall days. Here are some pictures if anybody wants to correct me on the decade. Its appreciated.

By the way that white cloth is just a sizer that I stuck behind the sweatband.
View attachment 456328
View attachment 456326
View attachment 456327

I agree: late 1950s or early 1960s. If I had to guess I’d say early ‘60s.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Cavanagh Homburg for today's walkabout.
A big thanks to Jonathan @TheOldFashioned for this one.

20221008_151247.jpg 20221008_151210.jpg

Scooterz

Practically Family
I am in line for a Gannon this fall, I really like the Wanderer style but am stuck between a natural or a granite hat right now.
Can't go wrong with either. I have a granite playboy copy from Michael and it is really nice, very easy to change the bash dry with minimal effort. I will never put steam on it. I have a natural stetson strat and love that color as well.

Pellie

One Too Many

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for your likes these days.
Today a medium quality hat sold in France and, perhaps, "disguised" as English. Patterson - Pure fur felt.
Peterson A.jpg
This says the mold inside the crown. The paper label, printed in French, says the color is "Shetland Auburn"
Peterson 3.jpg
A color, auburn, which I often found in the colors of French hats and very little in the English ones.
Peterson 2b.jpg
However it is a heather coppery felt of excellent quality, finished well and with classic proportions.
Peterson 3a.jpg
it's part of a chance find in France where a variety of hats moved to Verona
Peterson 1.jpg
Have a nice Sunday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider