Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon and evening found me under the brim of a couple Gannon beaver hats.

Charcoal with fray ribbon treatment.

i-pJQLQhJ-M.jpg

i-RdmF75Q-M.jpg

Steel gray.

i-x6sjkkK-M.jpg

i-R7VqwNq-M.jpg

This morning I was under the brim of a Gannon Playboy (bluemist beaver).

i-dC7GfZK-M.jpg

i-fSL4mZt-M.jpg

Home sipping some cold brewed coffee under a 30's spiral stitched fedora.

i-BWrpQrN-M.jpg

i-ZdZpHRq-M.jpg

A quick errand to the hardware store in a Stetson OR 3X. I loaded up bags of mulch into my auto. Home the hat needed to go on the wood block to dry out from my efforts. A different hat was needed to start spreading the mulch. I stayed the course with silverbelly hues and donned a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-pwz9mmL-M.jpg

i-JhN7268-M.jpg

i-vcsT2DK-M.jpg

i-fhkgjDx-M.jpg

I took a break and headed out for outside chores. I started up the leaf blower to re-located fallen leaves. A dusty, sweaty task had me reaching for a Stormy Kromer cap. Different tasks demand different head gear.

i-rhL5bMK-M.jpg

Cheers to all this Sunday morning, Eric -

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday afternoon and evening found me under the brim of a couple Gannon beaver hats.

i-pJQLQhJ-M.jpg

i-RdmF75Q-M.jpg

Steel gray.

i-x6sjkkK-M.jpg

i-R7VqwNq-M.jpg

i-dC7GfZK-M.jpg

i-fSL4mZt-M.jpg

i-BWrpQrN-M.jpg

i-ZdZpHRq-M.jpg

A quick errand to the hardware store in a Stetson OR 3X. I loaded up bags of mulch into my auto. Home the hat needed to go on the wood block to dry out from my efforts. A different hat was needed to start spreading the mulch. I stayed the course with silverbelly hues and donned a Stetson Stratoliner.

i-pwz9mmL-M.jpg

i-JhN7268-M.jpg

i-vcsT2DK-M.jpg

i-fhkgjDx-M.jpg

I took a break and headed out for outside chores. I started up the leaf blower to re-located fallen leaves. A dusty, sweaty task had me reaching for a Stormy Kromer cap. Different tasks demand different head gear.

i-rhL5bMK-M.jpg

You are definitely the best hatted forester in the country, Eric.

Your Gannons are always a joy to behold, but that blue mist beaver Playboy is in a league of its own. The spiral stitched 30s Fedora is cooly unique.

Thanks for continuing to share your outstanding hat collection, sir.

Mighty44

One Too Many

i-pJQLQhJ-M.jpg

i-RdmF75Q-M.jpg

Steel gray.

i-x6sjkkK-M.jpg

i-R7VqwNq-M.jpg

i-dC7GfZK-M.jpg

i-fSL4mZt-M.jpg

i-BWrpQrN-M.jpg

i-ZdZpHRq-M.jpg

i-pwz9mmL-M.jpg

i-JhN7268-M.jpg

i-vcsT2DK-M.jpg

i-fhkgjDx-M.jpg

i-rhL5bMK-M.jpg

All beautiful Eric—do you recall what block Michael used for the Steel Gray? Would it be enough to reference “Eric’s Wanderers” to get the same?

Thanks,

David

Thanks for your likes these days.
Today a medium quality hat sold in France and, perhaps, "disguised" as English. Patterson - Pure fur felt.
View attachment 456426
This says the mold inside the crown. The paper label, printed in French, says the color is "Shetland Auburn"
View attachment 456427
A color, auburn, which I often found in the colors of French hats and very little in the English ones.
View attachment 456428
However it is a heather coppery felt of excellent quality, finished well and with classic proportions.
View attachment 456429
it's part of a chance find in France where a variety of hats moved to Verona
View attachment 456430
Have a nice Sunday
Excellent looking heather, Daniele. Perfect for autumn.

Great new rotation, Stefan. The sunshine really brings out the delightful colours of the Konsul. Don't believe I've heard of that name before.
Thanks, Steve. Don't really know who the maker was of this one. It's one of those German brands that are a mystery.

i-pJQLQhJ-M.jpg

i-RdmF75Q-M.jpg

Steel gray.

i-x6sjkkK-M.jpg

i-R7VqwNq-M.jpg

i-dC7GfZK-M.jpg

i-fSL4mZt-M.jpg

i-BWrpQrN-M.jpg

i-ZdZpHRq-M.jpg

i-pwz9mmL-M.jpg

i-JhN7268-M.jpg

i-vcsT2DK-M.jpg

i-fhkgjDx-M.jpg

i-rhL5bMK-M.jpg

Gorgeous selection as always, Eric. The spiral stitch hat stands out in this batch.

Borsalino Qualitá Suprema on this sunny Sunday.

View attachment 456436 View attachment 456437
Beautiful. Love that colour.

Brent, Agnoulita built a really nice hat. Seen in photography it looks of high quality.
How do you rate it having a great experience with the Greek hatter.
Where does the felt come from?
Thank you

Thanks, Daniele. The felt is from Ukraine. It’s nice, but I’d say it’s not quite as nice as some of the other 100% beaver felts available today to custom hatters. I’m very happy with the hat and the improvements he’s made over the years are obvious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112