Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today ?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
My trusty ca. 1940s Gelot for a night time, film noir jaunt.

20221108_164800.jpg

Dlaniger

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This OPS era Portis with pork pie-ish telescoping crown has become my goto Election Day hat for the last couple years.

A bit windy day for this brim with Tropical Storm Nicole brewing up a hurricane warning for us. But it managed to stay firmly planted on my head for my days outings to vote and grocery. However it was when I took it off to take a photo of the ribbon a gust of wind snatched it from my hand and dumped it crown first in the damp soil at my feet! Uggh! Luckily most of it brushed off.

View attachment 463252 View attachment 463253 View attachment 463254 View attachment 463255 View attachment 463256 View attachment 463257 View attachment 463258 View attachment 463259 View attachment 463260 View attachment 463261
That‘s a beauty, Joe! The color and proportions are pefect. You look good in a porkpie. Don’t feel bad. I had a hat blow off of my head one winter in the middle of a busy intersection; it flew half a block down the street and landed in a deep dirty slushy puddle. I was lucky it didn’t get flattened by the cars or bus. It was an embarrassing, yet comical event. Runnig through traffic to save my hat. Needless to say that hat never fully recoverd from the trauma.

That‘s a beauty, Joe! The color and proportions are pefect. You look good in a porkpie. Don’t feel bad. I had a hat blow off of my head one winter in the middle of a busy intersection; it flew half a block down the street and landed in a deep dirty slushy puddle. I was lucky it didn’t get flattened by the cars or bus. It was an embarrassing, yet comical event. Runnig through traffic to save my hat. Needless to say that hat never fully recoverd from the trauma.
Thanks Reggie! Sorry to hear about that hat. Havnt yet had to chase a hat down the street. Around the parking lot on occasion… but not down the street. Luckily

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
After opening the box containing the recent Tonak production, I chose this brimmed hat
Noce Tonak 4.jpg

Felt is always the protagonist of Tonak hats production.
Noce Tonak A1.jpg
Here in medium brown version with "Antelope" finish and generous dimensions of the brims and a medium thick felt
Noce Tonak 5b.jpg
As the one of yesterday has a "standard" shape and my intention was to reshape the hat by putting it in the hands of a hatter, we will see in the future what will happen
Noce Tonak 1.jpg
Meanwhile, you can see it on a gray day in the streets near the house, during a walk
Noce Tonak 5.jpg
Have a nice day and many thanks for your likes and appreciation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112